You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Australian Tour 2017

metallex78 wrote:

They've played Brisbane so far, and tonight is Sydnet night one, which is one of two Sydney shows I'm going to.

Angus Young is rumoured to make an appearance too!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Have fun Metallex78! 

Gibbo, our resident mega fan, got some stuff from GNR's record company for promoting them so much. Way to go Gibbo. Monkeychow and Aussie will be at some shows too.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I will be at the Perth gig, looking forward to that!!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Sydney was great, but night two was better of the two. We got everything from Friday night's show, plus Nice Boys with Angry Anderson, and Coma.

Slash came out and played By The Sword with Wolfmother too, who were opening the Saturday show.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Cool you got to see Coma.  I thought Wolfmother was alright. Only caught the end put seemed an impressive set from a 3 piece.

AtariLegend wrote:

Didn't they play like at least 6 covers at one of those Sidney shows not counting the instrumentals like Wish You Were Here ect?

Sure Angus was there, but when at least a 1/4 of the show is covers it's... well it's something.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to have seen them... *just saying*.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Is this a sign that Axl/DC is a go for round 2?

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

There are rumours about Axl/DC potential album

http://www.noise11.com/news/angus-young … w-20170212

http://www.noise11.com/news/guns-n-rose … d-20170215

http://www.noise11.com/news/angus-young … e-20170214

Personally, I think this might actually materialise and Axl/DC album will be the first Axl material we will get in 9 years. Process will be relatively easy for Axl, all he will have to do is lay down vocals and lyrics. I say bring it on, Axl will make AC/DC great again !!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Is this a sign that Axl/DC is a go for round 2?

That was pretty much confirmed at the end of AC/DC's NA tour in the Fall of last year.

Brian is not coming back. Axl is officially the full-time new lead singer of AC/DC.

As far as a new album... I also think that there's more of a chance of seeing an AXL/DC album before a new GN'R album. Low risk for Axl. High risk for Angus, but I don't think Angus gives a shit. Angus looks at it as he's secured the biggest rock lead singer in the world by sheer fluke, and he's gonna captialize on it. Fuck that Brian, Cliff, Malcolm, & Rudd ain't there. Axl has to be marketed by Angus in order to maintain the brand and the best way to do that is a new album + new Axl/DC tour.

The better question is -- why Axl write it. It took Axl ages to write Chinese, according to multiple sources, and can he get in the simplistic headspace to pin a proper AC/DC album.

Or

Will it be basically the new GN'R album, except with Angus Young on guitar & Chris Slade on drums?

Board footer