You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Metallica new song 'Hardwired', new album Nov. 18th

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

So bad I actually feel bad for Lady Gaga for being associated with it.

She is a badass. She was the bright spot of that performance for sure.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I just bought VIP tickets to Metallica in Philly.  First time I've ever done this, so I'm interested to see if it ends up being worth the cost.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

So bad I actually feel bad for Lady Gaga for being associated with it.

Apparently it was more importantly Larry Cox to throw in "Gender Binary Peeps" than it was to introduce FUCKING METALLICA.

Hopefully all GN'R fans paid attention to this performance before they say "why wasn't Guns there?" This Metallica performance was an abortion.

Rock is dead in the mainstream. Dead. And it ain't ever coming back to quote Goodfellas.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Hopefully all GN'R fans paid attention to this performance before they say "why wasn't Guns there?" This Metallica performance was an abortion.

Rock is dead in the mainstream. Dead. And it ain't ever coming back to quote Goodfellas.

It'd be silly to even think about Guns being at the Grammys. It's their own fault, but secondly the Grammy's usually only has those up for awards pay anyway. Since they didn't put out an album there was no interest in having them, reunion or not.

Ed Sheeran had a pretty decent performance. If anything rock might linger as quasi-acoustic rock/pop for a bit. I agree tho, hard rock is dying out. Even the Foo Fighters are becoming a bit canned.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Absolutely and publicity stunts with this era's pop acts isn't going to save it either. Nothing is. An entire generation has existed without rock as its soundtrack. That's all it took to kill it. the youth care nothing about it. Yeah they'll go to a show to hear Jungle, Enter Sandman, Black Hole sun, etc. but that's as far as it goes.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Got tickets for the show here in May. Never saw them live before and I get to see Volbeat so it's a win win. It was either Metallica or GNR again so I opted for the shorter drive.

Board footer