You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

You can thank Lieberman for dumping the public option, he refused to support the bill unless they did so at a time they desperately needed his vote. The guy is awful, just an insufferable piece of shit. I never liked Gore and his pick of Joe the toad for VP sealed it for me.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Of course it would be great if the partisan bickering could end but it's simply a reflection of the people.

I really believe that we are (and have been for at least half a decade) in an era that fosters this...not just politically, but in other arenas of life.

If given a choice between helping yourself or hurting others (I mean that figuratively)...I think people right now would prefer to hurt others. Our politicians mirror this....

Absolutely.

As I've said before, the reality TV nation got its reality prez. The moment he announced he was running, our culture sealed his victory. THe president is a mirror of our culture...or vice versa.

Can you imagine the 80s cheese without Reagan? Alternative nation without Clinton? The snowflake, faux outrage, tranny bathroom era without Obama?

I cant.

What happens when the nation is fed up with reality TV? Do talk shows start ruling the roost again just in time for an Oprah presidency? Are we simply entering an era of non-politicians in the White House? It would certainly help perpetutate the partisan gridlock our country loves but we'll be entertained while nothing gets done. If going down that road, it'll end just in time for the transhuman era and holograms will be running for office.

I'm ready to win one for the AI Gipper.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I gotta say, things don't look very good for Jared Kushner. Definitely had contacts with high level Russians and Russian banks. What was discussed is the only question. However, being a novice to politics and lacking full knowledge of 'sanctions', I think he probably walked a fine line, OR, thought he'd get away with it, because he was part of the Presidential candidates team, not thinking he could be spied on. Russians might have used him too, being naive to it all.

I still don't really get the hype over the Nunez statement.  Being 'caught up in incidental surveillance' while doesn't imply guilt, I don't think that means they're definitely innocent either. It could mean the FBI was wiretapping Russians and suddenly a member of the Trump team calls in. A stretch, but you get what I'm saying in laymens terms.

John McCain was on CBS today and said he's pretty sure bigger things are about to go down. Seemed to have some insight into the next round of rumors to later become true. We'll see.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

What are the Trumplicans going to do when Trump fails to deliver on another campaign promise - the border wall?

It's fun to watch him fail on a daily basis. He is bad at this - so bigly bad.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I still don't really get the hype over the Nunez statement.  Being 'caught up in incidental surveillance' while doesn't imply guilt, I don't think that means they're definitely innocent either. It could mean the FBI was wiretapping Russians and suddenly a member of the Trump team calls in. A stretch, but you get what I'm saying in laymens terms.

I think it may cause trouble for Nunes more than anything.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think it may cause trouble for Nunes more than anything.

Yeah, somehow he managed to f#ck up a non-story which didn't need to be told at the time. He's tied to it too now. If something comes of this, I don't know much about his district, but its gonna stick come election time.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Here's a bitter truth all of you single payer people need to understand: Insurance companies even with their "profits" can do insurance at a lower cost than a non-profit gov't agency could.  Anyone claiming otherwise is completely idiotic end of story.  There are literally decades (and I'm being nice) of historical evidence of gov't waste and inefficiencies.  Frankly they can't do much of anything right from a financial point of view, so stop with the theatrics that are not at all based in fact, but instead based in some bullshit idea that profit is bad.

Do any of you actually know how insurance companies make profit btw?  I'll give you a hint...it's not from the premiums.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Here's a bitter truth all of you single payer people need to understand: Insurance companies even with their "profits" can do insurance at a lower cost than a non-profit gov't agency could.

Provide proof for this claim please. Actual proof, real numbers, not you calling people stupid for not agreeing with you. Not you calling people lazy for not googling for it themselves. You made the claim, you provide the proof...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/john- … le/2618832

This is hysterical.  Podesta demands they cease and desist making up things about his involvement with Russia.  Yet every fringe wackjob in the DNC has been doing this to Trump for months.  Still no evidence, no credible claims, just an idiot in a James Brown wig mumbling about impeachment and avoiding any outlet that would cause her to deviate from the prepared marks her aide created for her.  And the idiot Schiff trying to win an award for best fiction writer. 

Plenty of Republicans call Trump out for his retarded twittering and bullshit.  Why doesn't the left ever condemn its own?  How can idiots like Schiff, Pelosi and Waters be taken serious as legislative leaders?

Board footer