You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It will be fun to see when Trump is cleared of all wrong doing.

Hillary was and you two still can't shut up about it. And that was an email server!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Versus the 9/11 Truther who just yells liar

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bernie and his Wife are under an FBI investigation.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews. … e-lawyers/

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You belong to a party of thieves and manipulators who demand Comey be fired on Monday and cry foul after he's fired on Tuesday.

That is funny. Something else I've noticed, online and in 'real' life, are dems bitching saying stuff like "See, Trump's not building a wall. He's also not gonna stop the muslims coming over..." and other things and I'm like "Then why aren't you happy? You didn't want him to do those things! "

People hate him whether he does something or not. Wont vote for him because he wants to build a wall and then they piss and moan when he wont build it.

He cant win.

TheMole wrote:

I was in Moscow last week-end, enjoying a brief vacation (beautiful city by the way, I'd recommend a visit if you ever have the chance). I found the following display in one of the many, many souvenir shops on Arbat Street (apologies for the quality of the pic, my phone's lens is badly scratched):
https://preview.ibb.co/feVaA5/2017_06_12_16_33_51.jpg

smile

I just thought it was funny, not saying this means anything of course...

What's supposed to be wrong? If its to insinuate a cult of personality, I'd disagree. That is probably a tourist trap and every person on the planet knows who Putin is. if you're going to buy a shotglass or coffee mug in Russia, nothing better than Putin to sell the merch.

Did you buy one?

Now if he starts showing up on all their vodka bottles there might be a problem....

Come on man. We know Clinton was in violation of the law because they had classified information on her private server. We know she told people to scrub classified markings. We know her people wiped the server and she removed about half the emails she turned over to DoJ. We know her party colluded to give her the nomination and harm Sanders. We know her party leaked her debate answers. We know through Comey Lynch told him "not to call it an investigation". We know Obama got on national TV and told the country (and Comey) that Clinton was innocent. We know Lynch met with Bill Clinton in a private hangar.

But no person can recognize all that and come to the conclusion Clinton willfully violated the law and an attempt to Obstruct Justice occurred at all levels.

The worst was the email leak. The DNC saying all the people voting for them were a bunch of fucking morons...and it didn't phase any of their voters....just unreal.

I hate both sides but I'm never voting for whichever candidate the DNC pushes ever again.

if The Rock wants my vote, better run independent....

My goodness...all this talk about Hillary. The boogeyman is dead RF...why the fuck do you still get to play the Hillary card,?

She's as irrelevant as irrelevant can be but you conservatives keep bringing her up.

You played the Bush card for eight years after he was out of office.

Isn't Flagg entitled to play the Hillary card for a year?

Fair is fair.....

That's how I know you conservatives don't stand for shit...I mean you stand for literally nothing.

Not a single one of you can explain this gross inconsistency...why is it that when one person is under investigation, everything is valid and above board. But when another person is under investigation you cry and whine about the unfairness of political witch hunts. You then turn to scrutinize the evidence and come to the conclusion (before said investigation is complete) that it's all a lie based on nothing.

You can say the same thing to yourself.  When Hillary was being investigated, you placed it in the peaches and cream category. Now all of a sudden you're interested in political witch hunts and finding out the truth.

All because there's an (R) next to their name.

I read an article yesterday about how Noam Chomsky believes that the modern day Republican Party is more dangerous than ISIS.

I'm inclined to agree.

So republicans are more dangerous than groups who blow up innocent children at concerts and have literally crucified Christian families?

yeah that's not a partisan statement at all.....

Trump's personal lawyer has now retained his own lawyer.

When his lawyer's lawyer retains a lawyer, then I'll start to worry.....

I want equal amounts of outrage.

I probably wont get it. Call it a hunch....

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
TheMole wrote:

I was in Moscow last week-end, enjoying a brief vacation (beautiful city by the way, I'd recommend a visit if you ever have the chance). I found the following display in one of the many, many souvenir shops on Arbat Street (apologies for the quality of the pic, my phone's lens is badly scratched):

smile

What's supposed to be wrong? If its to insinuate a cult of personality, I'd disagree. That is probably a tourist trap and every person on the planet knows who Putin is. if you're going to buy a shotglass or coffee mug in Russia, nothing better than Putin to sell the merch.

Did you buy one?

Now if he starts showing up on all their vodka bottles there might be a problem....

I probably should've said this in the original post because of how bad the pic really is, but if you look at the mugs in the lower right-hand corner you can see Trump and Melania mugs there as well. Somehow I don't think the Obamas featured on one of those mugs when they were the first couple.

But like I said, I wasn't really trying to make a point, I just thought it was funny.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Part of my post didn't go  through. Strange.

Orwell had no idea people like you would take 1984 seriously as a way to live.

Also from Newsweek, not sure if you saw this or it was posted here, this point into Obama's term Fox News was criticizing him for using Dijon mustard lol.

I still get a kick out of this elitist food thing and how the repubs can manipulate it. What I love about it is how it actually works. Such a simple and effective tool to rile up a base.

Back in 2004 when Kerry was spotted putting provolone on a Philly cheese steak there were almost riots in the streets. It was better than Obama's Dijon Burger-gate although that one caused people to spaz out too.

For a few years after that when shopping at Safeway and ordering sandwiches at their deli, the moment they would ask if I wanted dijon on their smokestack sandwich it would always make me think of that incident. Sometimes I would comment, "No just put the yellow. I'm not an elitist" and they'd know exactly what I was referring to.

That's effective propaganda.

I probably should've said this in the original post because of how bad the pic really is, but if you look at the mugs in the lower right-hand corner you can see Trump and Melania mugs there as well. Somehow I don't think the Obamas featured on one of those mugs when they were the first couple.

But like I said, I wasn't really trying to make a point, I just thought it was funny.

It is funny. I didn't see them.

What would be even funnier is if one of Trump's companies was producing those mugs.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Supreme Court sides with Trump today and court will rule in October.  But as of today the 9th and 4th circuit stays mean nothing. But the Supreme Court today modified the ban saying if you have a blood relative here or have a relationship with a company or school you will be exempt.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Supreme Court sides with Trump today and court will rule in October.  But as of today the 9th and 4th circuit stays mean nothing. But the Supreme Court today modified the ban saying if you have a blood relative here or have a relationship with a company or school you will be exempt.

Seems like the right call.  It's absolutely within the President's power to prevent non-citizens from entering the US.  It amazed me how Partisan people could be thinking that because that President was Trump, somehow he lost that ability.  If someone already had permission/visa to enter the US, the President shouldn't be able to blanketly deny entry or suspend due process for relatives assuming the law calls for special relief.  This should stop the State Department from issuing future student visas or travel visas for people from these countries.

I'm just stoked they took up the baker's case from Colorado.  The 1st Amendment is a thing, and private citizens shouldn't have their rights violated because they offend PC sensibilities.  A government actor, like Kim Davis, is a completely different story though. 

Sad they didn't take up the 2nd Amendment issue from California.  Congress is looking to pass a nationwide reciprocity agreement for Concealed carry though, so these rogue actors won't be able to stop people from carrying a licensed firearm just like Ohio can't ban people from Alaska driving.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This isn't going to stop anything. White Christian's will be blowing up enough of this country on their own.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

You belong to a party of thieves and manipulators who demand Comey be fired on Monday and cry foul after he's fired on Tuesday.

That is funny. Something else I've noticed, online and in 'real' life, are dems bitching saying stuff like "See, Trump's not building a wall. He's also not gonna stop the muslims coming over..." and other things and I'm like "Then why aren't you happy? You didn't want him to do those things! "

People hate him whether he does something or not. Wont vote for him because he wants to build a wall and then they piss and moan when he wont build it.

He cant win.

TheMole wrote:

smile

Did you buy one?

Come on man. We know Clinton was in violation of the law because they had classified information on her private server. We know she told people to scrub classified markings. We know her people wiped the server and she removed about half the emails she turned over to DoJ. We know her party colluded to give her the nomination and harm Sanders. We know her party leaked her debate answers. We know through Comey Lynch told him "not to call it an investigation". We know Obama got on national TV and told the country (and Comey) that Clinton was innocent. We know Lynch met with Bill Clinton in a private hangar.

But no person can recognize all that and come to the conclusion Clinton willfully violated the law and an attempt to Obstruct Justice occurred at all levels.

The worst was the email leak. The DNC saying all the people voting for them were a bunch of fucking morons...and it didn't phase any of their voters....just unreal.

I hate both sides but I'm never voting for whichever candidate the DNC pushes ever again.

if The Rock wants my vote, better run independent....

My goodness...all this talk about Hillary. The boogeyman is dead RF...why the fuck do you still get to play the Hillary card,?

She's as irrelevant as irrelevant can be but you conservatives keep bringing her up.

You played the Bush card for eight years after he was out of office.

Isn't Flagg entitled to play the Hillary card for a year?

Fair is fair.....

That's how I know you conservatives don't stand for shit...I mean you stand for literally nothing.

Not a single one of you can explain this gross inconsistency...why is it that when one person is under investigation, everything is valid and above board. But when another person is under investigation you cry and whine about the unfairness of political witch hunts. You then turn to scrutinize the evidence and come to the conclusion (before said investigation is complete) that it's all a lie based on nothing.

You can say the same thing to yourself.  When Hillary was being investigated, you placed it in the peaches and cream category. Now all of a sudden you're interested in political witch hunts and finding out the truth.

All because there's an (R) next to their name.

I read an article yesterday about how Noam Chomsky believes that the modern day Republican Party is more dangerous than ISIS.

I'm inclined to agree.

So republicans are more dangerous than groups who blow up innocent children at concerts and have literally crucified Christian families?

yeah that's not a partisan statement at all.....

Trump's personal lawyer has now retained his own lawyer.

When his lawyer's lawyer retains a lawyer, then I'll start to worry.....

I want equal amounts of outrage.

I probably wont get it. Call it a hunch....

I'm acknowledging it...it initially makes me think less of him. Although technically it was his wife right?

It makes me sad because I thought he was a bit more pure. He is an independent after all.

It still doesn't make me think any better of trump and doesn't stop me from taking the side I have chosen.

I am deeply, deeply saddened that you all consider this progress.

Board footer