You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: What's the last book you read?

esoterica wrote:

Fiction book was The Snows of Kilimanjaro by Hemingway

For non-fiction it was various stuff for work

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Fiction book was The Snows of Kilimanjaro by Hemingway

For non-fiction it was various stuff for work

Not a whole lot of readers here eh? lol

I read a Richard Nixon biography that I found fascinating. I actually grew a liking to the man by the end of the book. The vivid way the author described his final days really made me feel for the guy. It was heartbreaking. He truly was his own worst enemy at times.

Not as recently, I read a book by B.F. Skinner called Verbal Behavior. Good stuff.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I read

I've been on a comic book binge (mostly the new marvel star wars) lately as opposed to full blown novels

But also I am part way thru

Tad Williams - Witchwood crown
James Islington - shadow of what was lost
Stephen Erickson - Gardens of the moon

I've also been running 2 D&D campaigns so that requires quite a bit of reading too

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't read nearly as much as I did years ago.

Last year I read Ric Flair's book, Elizabeth Smart's book, and most recent book was the Party of Five Unofficial Companion...which I bought after buying the whole series on DVD.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Party of Five??  What'd you watch that for? 

Did it hold up pretty well. In hindsight I recall they had a good cast. Any good insights/stories from the book that stand out?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Did it hold up pretty well. In hindsight I recall they had a good cast. Any good insights/stories from the book that stand out?

Yea I was wondering about that too. What's the book about...cast bios?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The book was a ton of crap related to the show thrown together. Cast bios, character bios, episode guide, etc. Mainly just bought it for a stroll down memory lane.

Because it was great...

One of my favorite 90s shows. I'll admit the show starts getting on your nerves watching it all these years later. The character flaws(ALL of them) stand out a lot more now than they did back then as the series progresses. Julia is a major cunt, Charlie a selfish prick that acts like he's a saint, Bailey 'keeping the family together' is a razor thin facade, Sarah an airhead, and you even start to feel negative towards Claudia in the last season.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Just finished "God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything" by Hitchens.  Fantastic.  Highly recommend.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I've read it before, been awhile though. Hitch is a good read but a touch high on self-importance and the sophistry. A handful of good lines of argument. Far better than Dawkin's swill.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

I also read that of Hitchens.
I read many of Dawkins books because of my interest in evolutionary biology. I like him as a person, as a promoter of science and as a militant of reason. The last one I read was An Appetite for Wonder.
Now I thought about reading Climbing Mount Improbable, but I stopped. I'm going to read Last of the Giants, of Wall. Has anyone read this?

Board footer