You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Re: What GNR songs are still in your rotation?

Ragnar wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Illusions have good stuff scattered amongst those two discs but as cohesive albums, they`re inconsistent.

Axl should have removed all Izzy`s songs while he was at it. They just suck and bog down quality.

It depends what you call an Izzy song I guess.

I'm not a fan of You Aint the First....but I wouldn't be messing with YCBM etc

What would YCBM be without Axl or Slash for that matter ?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Pretty Tied Up is a great Izzy track.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Ragnar wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Illusions have good stuff scattered amongst those two discs but as cohesive albums, they`re inconsistent.

Axl should have removed all Izzy`s songs while he was at it. They just suck and bog down quality.

It depends what you call an Izzy song I guess.

I'm not a fan of You Aint the First....but I wouldn't be messing with YCBM etc

What would YCBM be without Axl or Slash for that matter ?

Most of Izzy's contributions came before the band hit the stage. What would AFD be without the dueling guitars? I thought Izzy played a larger role in writing the songs than even Slash in many cases.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Everyone has a big role in contributing to the sound on AFD.  It was a sum of all parts but Axl and Slash were the most important because they were the most out front.

I love You Ain't the First.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Pretty Tied Up is a great Izzy track.

Same with 14 Years & DTJ.  They needed to stay, or at least 2 outta 3.  We need to fire up the old 'Could UYI be 1 album' discussion again 16

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

izzy is the george harrison of gnr.

most folks think of the other 2 guys as responsible for all the hits, but their sounds weren't possible without izzy or george.

they had the soul of the band & also balanced everyone out. paul & john needed someone to regulate their differences; axl & slash were the same way. without that middleman, they were left to their own devices. axl, slash, paul and john all released wonderful music on their own, but none of it captured the same magic as when they were together.

as much as i'd love an axl/slash/duff album... i'm not sure of its authenticy without izzy there.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

All you have to have is Axl Slash and Duff and I wish Sorum and you would get a killer album. I say Sorum because Duff and Slash love him and they have great chemistry together. Izzy was great but so is Duff. Duff was much more involved song writing wise than people acknowledge.

Board footer