You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: Chris Pitman suing Axl Rose for unpaid 2011 wages

zombux wrote:

there's also Going Down, altough that one doesn't fit much into the rest of the songs, I think it was more like Tommy's personal initiative.
regarding Brain's remixes - all those are either completely leaked out (Better Gone, Blood In The Water) or partially teased (ITW, Shackler, most probably also the different TIL belongs there). only one song of those is unknown (Brain said he did 6 remixes and we know of 5 of them... possibly the missing one is ChiDem, but that's just pure speculation).
this is a list of everything besides ChiDem album, OMG and Big Daddy SCOM, that ever leaked to the public:
15wgbpe.png
the 4 2007 leaks are by MSL, forgot to note.
at least I think I got it right, lol!

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

New Song #2 isn't Prostitute they said. 16

sp1at wrote:

Expect ACDC and side projects once the tour has finished. Nothing new being released anytime soon

Yep.

I think Pitman's comments are more damning than anyone will acknowledge.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
zombux wrote:

there's also Going Down, altough that one doesn't fit much into the rest of the songs, I think it was more like Tommy's personal initiative.
regarding Brain's remixes - all those are either completely leaked out (Better Gone, Blood In The Water) or partially teased (ITW, Shackler, most probably also the different TIL belongs there). only one song of those is unknown (Brain said he did 6 remixes and we know of 5 of them... possibly the missing one is ChiDem, but that's just pure speculation).
this is a list of everything besides ChiDem album, OMG and Big Daddy SCOM, that ever leaked to the public:
http://i66.tinypic.com/15wgbpe.png
the 4 2007 leaks are by MSL, forgot to note.
at least I think I got it right, lol!

Nice list. Everything on that list was eventually released except Goin Down, Jackie Chan, and Silkworms.

Just going back to my point about the lack of vault material...

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

how much do you think axl was talking out of his ass here?

Axl, London 2002 wrote:

After 'Chinese Democracy,' Axl says, "Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon frère! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album! So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls! And if Uncle Axl proves not to be an asshole - we'll have to see, the jury's still out."

axl also mentioned how the vocals challenged him tremendously on chinese democracy. he wouldn't even think about doing any vocals until he had a wall of sound to compete against. perhaps the reason we never heard the beltrami songs (seven, ides of march, thyme and the general) was because he was overwhelmed by the power of the instrumentation?

or maybe those songs are finished and make up the core sound of the sequel?

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

I`m all for Axl/DC album. Especially, if Axl is actively involved in the writing process.

Sure, I want to hear everything he wrote and recorded in his experimental years but I also want him to make simple Rock albums.

Book a studio time, listen to what Angus has up his sleeve, lay down vocals, lyrics and melodies, bang out 13 or 14 song album and release. It will be easy this time around because all the pressure won`t be on Axl alone.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Is song #15  on the list that quirky version of Better that had Pitman way high in the mix?

perhaps the reason we never heard the beltrami songs (seven, ides of march, thyme and the general) was because he was overwhelmed by the power of the instrumentation?

or maybe those songs are finished and make up the core sound of the sequel?

The elephant in the Chinese room...

Beltrami's work wound up buried in the Buckmaster tracks on the album.

zombux

zombux wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Is song #15  on the list that quirky version of Better that had Pitman way high in the mix?

hmmm I don't remember and I can't check the sound atm, but you can check yourself... the whole thing is uploaded here https://www.dropbox.com/s/39eujpiulopn0 … w.zip?dl=0 (hope it's okay here... don't want to get in trouble or anything)

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

New Song #2 isn't Prostitute they said. 16

sp1at wrote:

Expect ACDC and side projects once the tour has finished. Nothing new being released anytime soon

Yep.

I think Pitman's comments are more damning than anyone will acknowledge.

Yes but let`s not get carried away and pretend the previous lineup was a viable and a creative band hell bent on creating music. It`s like a pot calling a kettle black.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Yes but let`s not get carried away and pretend the previous lineup was a viable and a creative band hell bent on creating music. It`s like a pot calling a kettle black.

It was during it's inception, if 70 song numbers can be believed. Granted, this is Axl's music, not Guns per se. He specifically mentioned a solo piece during the chats and it's one of those rabbits out of the hat.

Post-Robin, the band was a touring apparatus to be sure (although we don't know exactly what happened during 2010 or 2014 as far as recording music).

But Pitman calling it an "oldies band" could be sour grapes or it could be him knowing the writing on the wall. It's now exclusively a nostalgia act, no new music, Axl hanging up the towel.

James Lofton wrote:

The elephant in the Chinese room...

Beltrami's work wound up buried in the Buckmaster tracks on the album.

I can entertain this argument for some songs I guess but it's just not true on the whole.

The General is 100% Beltrami's doing. It has all the same signatures. We have hints at other songs from Axl. We have highly suspect band jams.

The songs Marco worked on were Axl's new A-list at the time and he had specific ideas about what went on what record.

zombux

zombux wrote:

fuck. I love Shackler's Revenge guitar solo part. that part fucks everything else from ChiDem era, maybe except for ChiDem (the song as a whole). Shackler was so shocking when it first leaked, that I refused to believe it is genuine. but it kicks so much ass!!!!!!!!

Board footer