You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Football

misterID wrote:

I've heard Schwartz hates Kendricks, going back to last year. Basically that he's lazy and has a bad attitude and that was why he had him play so much in preseason. They all want a trade. I like Kendricks a lot.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Anyone watch Georgia v Notre Dame?  It was pretty good. I didn't know Georgia never visited South Bend, and never noticed they ( & most SEC teams) rarely travel north. Pretty cool they did it and the place was flooded with red shirt tailgaters as tickets were averaging over $1000 tix. Ended up being a good game, seemed more surreal than a rivalry, there was no hate among players, almost like Georgia realized how big this was. UGA had an ODB like 'miracle' catch early on, and won in the end 20-19 in a close, tight game.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I beat the hell out of slashfro

LOL

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

lol, I saw that. Nice week

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

LOL

You won by 100?!

I hope James is proud of the way I've taken over his team. I'm off to an epic 1-1 start.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Neemo wrote:

LOL

Got killed by injury to David Johnson plus got stuck at a spot without reliable internet connection.

Oh well, at least the Titans destroyed the Jags on Sunday.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

LOL

You won by 100?!

I hope James is proud of the way I've taken over his team. I'm off to an epic 1-1 start.

Its not bad.

If memory serves me correctly, as long as you stay around .500 you are in the race. Those at the top can nosedive in three shakes of a lamb's tail and you're right back in it. I think it was in 2007 or 08 when I had ignored it a week or two, check, and I had moved up a few notches. Had I stayed focused I could've won it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

LOL

You won by 100?!

Its not bad.

If memory serves me correctly, as long as you stay around .500 you are in the race. Those at the top can nosedive in three shakes of a lamb's tail and you're right back in it. I think it was in 2007 or 08 when I had ignored it a week or two, check, and I had moved up a few notches. Had I stayed focused I could've won it.

It's true...in another league I'm in....I watched a guy start 7-0 and end 7-6. It was his fault though...he rested on his laurels after that hot start and didn't make many adjustments.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The NFL is being ruined. These owners better be really careful with how far they're willing to go on this. I don't care what side of the political fence you're on, nobody(and I mean nobody) watches football hoping to see political protests. People watch sports to get away from such shit. The league was already losing fans(and has been for awhile) for various reasons but this here has the potential to take them over the cliff.

Kapernick's career was ruined over this shit. Nobody learned. Now entire teams are doing it...in stadiums full of booing fans.  Back in what I call the golden age of the league, I didn't give a rat's ass who Jim Kelly or Jim Mcmahon voted for or what their stance was on trendy issues.

The league has tons of problems. Now they are creating an extra one and its not going to end well.

No one needs to bother posting a link saying the ratings are down for other reasons. They're down for many reasons....THIS being one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjLGehpVu8Y

The next step will be half empty stadiums.

We are witnessing the death of a once great league.

edit: I just googled it and the league is already dealing with half empty stadiums this year. Unreal.

What colossal balls to add fuel to that fire with this nonsense....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ7EI3zmKRU

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

It’s a lose lose situation. The irony is the Hollywood elites who support the Kaepernick’s, don’t watch football. Meryl Streep openly mocked football to applause at the oscars.

70% of the NFL is black, and too many buy into the BLM nonsense. People cheered when a google engineer was fired for articulating an opinion in the work place, but taking a knee during the game is somehow different.

I support their right to do what they want. But if Antonio Brown takes a knee, Pittsburgh isn’t going to cut him. He’s too important. Brady could pull a Bruce Jenner and kill someone, and the Patriots wouldn’t blink an eye. Fans in the stadium is an issue, but ticket sales are a minuscule portion of revenue. Pittsburgh has a 10 year waiting list to get season tickets. And even in the stadiums that aren’t full, that doesn’t mean the tickets weren’t sold. It just means the owner of the stadium is losing out on $12 bud light sales.

Turning off the TV is the only thing that will impact the league. But if you discipline the players, no one wants to watch 3rd rate players on the field. There is no right answer.

I’m not turning off my TV. I enjoy football and don’t care what a player does during the anthem anymore than I care if Axl send out a tweet trashing Trump. I came to watch football just like I come to hear good music. If it impacts the thing I came to see, then we have a problem.

Board footer