You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Eliisa8
 Rep: 0 

Re: Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Eliisa8 wrote:

I have to say this song is my favorite.  Every time I lose hope? this song gives me courage and inspiration.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

THis is one of those songs I loved early in my fandom(especially the Marquee version played as a single on top 40 radio) but could easily go the rest of my life without hearing again.

Which version do you listen to....album or live?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Don't think I ever really liked the song outside of the fact my favorite band played it. It's a skip 100 times out of 100 on Spotify for me and it's honestly hard for me to think of a GNR song I'd rather listen to less. At least My World is over in a minute and a half.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Don't think I ever really liked the song outside of the fact my favorite band played it. It's a skip 100 times out of 100 on Spotify for me and it's honestly hard for me to think of a GNR song I'd rather listen to less. At least My World is over in a minute and a half.

this. I strongly dislike the song (together with LALD) and always skip.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I love it.

But it's one of those songs where the studio was never as good as the live version.

1992 has some really beautiful slash solos. 2006 has some amazing Axl screams in the banter with the crowd. 2017 has some cool richard/slash soloing (although i'll grant maybe it goes a bit long now).

But its one of those songs Axl really made his own.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I really loved the 02 version. A lot like the Dylan version, slowed down with some killer synth work and Tommy's background oooooohhh's.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Summer of 1990 When this song came out on the Days of Thunder Soundtrack and hit the airwaves via radio it was pretty awesome...then Civil War came out a month later on the Nobody's Child: Romanian Angel Appeal album that was even more incredible...that summer was a great time to be a gnr fan new gnr tracks...the buzz was incredible

I never understood why the DoT version was different than the album version with the additional spoken bits...but ive always been more partial to it since thats how i first heard it...when i put music on my phone that is the version of kohd that i have...my kids love the song...but my favs are SCOM and CW

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Don't think I've ever heard the DOT version?

Would it be fair to say the GNR covers of KOHD and LALD are now nearly the definitive versions of those songs. I know KOHD has been covered a million times but it's always the GNR version you hear played on things and replicated. Even more so with LALD.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Knockin is killer simply for the Slash solos. Those melodies he came up with for that cover are stellar. Like Monkey said too, the 92 live versions were even better. Slash really ripped some killer melodies. Add to that, the Only Women Bleed intro which is great too

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Don't think I've ever heard the DOT version?

Would it be fair to say the GNR covers of KOHD and LALD are now nearly the definitive versions of those songs. I know KOHD has been covered a million times but it's always the GNR version you hear played on things and replicated. Even more so with LALD.

Board footer