You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: GNR issue statement about Robin

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I don't know if this is a result of the new management but I think they are making a HUGE step in the right direction.  I love their new updates.

I would imagine the faster updates have the new managers written ALL over them.

I think that is tough to say for certain...I agree with those in earlier posts who propose that this is such a major event that it had to be addressed, ASAP.

I have nothing major to add to this except that I feel we're no closer to the end of this long, trying journey than we were in 2002. The details may be different, but the result will most likely be the same.

All the time and talent, squandered...All the promise and good times we all missed out on because things had to be done this way. When I tell people that I like Gn'R...yes...old and nuGn'R...I am laughed at in most cases. It's been that way for a long time...I'm asked..."how can you even call that a band?" Not only are none of the originals still around, but there has been 2? Americans tours since 1993...

It's just a shame...it really is...

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:
madagas wrote:

Russ, you just need to delete your account there....that is what I did. 22

Ah, so *this* is where everybody went....

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
bazgnr wrote:
madagas wrote:

Ha, ha, you've seen the light.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bazgnr wrote:
madagas wrote:

Good to see you here. 9 Seen you around these forums for years.

bazgnr

bazgnr wrote:
bigbri wrote:
bazgnr wrote:
madagas wrote:

Ha, ha, you've seen the light.

No kidding...this is a bit like a homecoming, isn't it?  Nice to see everyone again!

Me, I still think Mysteron = Mister Ron.  Didn't he start posting around the time Ron was/wasn't going to join GnR before things initially took a turn for the worse?  Not to mention I remember him posting about Savatage in a thread and commenting on "rock operas."  All intuition, but it seems like a good fit to me.

As for Robin, I'm glad that something official has come out.  The release seems to have far more good news buried in it than anything negative, whether Robin stays or goes in the end.  It certainly doesn't make the band sound like they're on the best of personal terms w/ Robin at the moment, but ultimately, you don't have to be friends - or even friendly - to be an active and important member in terms of writing and touring.  We'll see when the time comes...

James

James wrote:

No, mysteron has been around the forums for years.

You don't remember that street team fiasco a few years back?

bazgnr

bazgnr wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

No, mysteron has been around the forums for years.

You don't remember that street team fiasco a few years back?

Honestly, I was still on the sidelines back then.  Visiting all the time, posting and participating very, very rarely.  Summarize sometime if you would....

James

James wrote:

In a nutshell, he said for everyone to get the street teams ready, and of course nothing happened for years. I think this happened in 03 or 04. I forgot. It was during the dead years though. That incident is one of the main reasons people are still skeptical about the guy even though he does appear to have legit contacts.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I used to think he was a studio tech guy/engineer. Then when he got the pre-sale's that nixed that theory. Only thing with the Ron theory is I would think Axl would catch on & suggest he not post anymore. Who knows though. He could be a relative/good friend of someone involved.

Board footer