You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

This Moore fucker is so embarrassing.

I was shocked to hear about Franken. I assumed he was gay actually

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

[/embed]

Wow. Democrats sweep both houses and assaults and settlements reach a record high!  14

Wasn’t that 2008?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

[/embed]

Wow. Democrats sweep both houses and assaults and settlements reach a record high!  14

Wasn’t that 2008?

They won congress in 2006.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

They won congress in 2006.

Realistically, you probably can't read into it that definitively. It seems these are 'Settlement payouts', where the case 'settled'. With that said its likely the assault or crime happened a year or two prior. It isn't "I was assaulted, woo-hooo where's my settlement check!". It likely takes a year or two to process. With that said I'm not saying it was Republicans who did it, as even when a Congress takes majority its typically still a pretty close percentage I would guess, 55%-45%. Itd be a stretch to base the stats off those percentages as who know, it may have a very partisan split (R or D) or be split down the middle.

You're probably joking, to an extent, anyway.

Randall Flagg

Yea, I was fucking around.

Randall Flagg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/franken-apol … 05418.html

This is absurd. As much as we should condemn Moore, we should condemn people weaponizing sexual assault accusations. There is no reason for her to release this information other than to further her profile and audience.

Yes, Franken was acting like he was in a locker room. Yes, he should apologize and acknowledge he was wrong to do it. But that’s it. No One was harmed. There’s no reason to believe he has a history of assaulting or badgering women. He acted like a teenager for a moment.

Does that mean we need to investigate this?  Waste time addressing nonsense when any rational person already knows he showed a momentary lapse in judgement while while working with the  USO, entertaining soldiers in fucking Afghanistan. What a horrible human being! He wasn’t even a public official. He was a comedian visiting troops in a war zone.

This is all just such a farce, and my only condemnation of Franken is that he’s going along with it. This horseshit can’t continue.  John and Jane America can read between the lines and could give a fuck a comedian stood over a beautiful woman whose only talent is being attractive, and pretended to validate her sexuality. She posed in Maxim for fucks sake. When you see her, you think sex.  We all agree, what he did was wrong, but it’s not like he told a struggling actress to suck his cock to play the corpse in a crime drama.

This shit will alienate middle America and hurt the Democrats in the midterms. McConnel is a fucking moron. The investigation will conclude Franken made a poor joke, and wag their finger at him. Case dismissed. Then the idiots exploiting real assault  have a platform to go after anyone accused of wrong doing.

It’s just so disingenuous and exploitative.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's all gonna go away soon. Like I said in that Kevin Spacey thread, the moment it was hashtagged....its fate was sealed. Now everyone's gotta have their fun with it and get some attention while the gettins good. After that...its over. We're on to the next trend!

Randall Flagg wrote:

At least this Moore shit is taking a break from Trump.

Not for very long.

The other day on CNN it was breaking news that Trump took a drink of water.

A new low.

I don't give a fuck who is in there, when a news outlet reaches a point where its breaking news that the president had a drink of water, it's no longer news.....it's something else.

mitchejw wrote:

Anyone want to threorize on what really goes on behind closed doors with evangelicals?

I'm not sure what they do....but it probably has something to do with boy scouts. 18

johndivney wrote:

It was peculiar how he drank the water. Whether it’s newsworthy well that’s another matter.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Respected around the world they said...bring some dignity back to America they said...

Randall Flagg

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/18/o … right.html

This is a good article and explains why no one takes the left seriously, specifically with Trump. Hillary enabled her husband and to attack Trump for these very same things was disingenuous. People who remained/remain silent on Clinton, but are vocal about Trump, shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Board footer