You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

misterID wrote:

The fact people were pissed Wonder Woman wasn't nominated for best picture is laughable. It was a standard superhero movie, right below Captain America, IMO. The corniest villains ever.

Logan was the film that was snubbed for best picture.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

The fact people were pissed Wonder Woman wasn't nominated for best picture is laughable. It was a standard superhero movie, right below Captain America, IMO. The corniest villains ever.

Logan was the film that was snubbed for best picture.

Logan was Amazing!

Get Out, okay flick, does not belong in the group for best picture.

I loved Wonderwoman because I became so sexually attracted to Wonder Woman I didn’t notice any imperfections

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Gadot is a terrible actress also. She is fine though.

Just watched The Watchmen again for the first time in a few years. Holy cow, that movie is great. Right under Logan, next to The Dark Knight. Really looking forward to the Elvis documentary on HBO. They did a fantastic job with Sinatra and Iovene/Dr. Dre. It's going to be Tom Petty's last interview sad

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I saw Red Sparrow this weekend. I really liked it, but the girl friend called it “pretentious”.

Randall Flagg

Just saw Death Wish. Good popcorn movie.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I don’t think I’ve seen the original, but Charles Brandon’s original is supposed to be pretty badass, does Bruce live up to that in the new film?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The first two Death Wish films were great. Definitely check them out. I had forgot about this remake.

Randall Flagg

metallex78 wrote:

I don’t think I’ve seen the original, but Charles Brandon’s original is supposed to be pretty badass, does Bruce live up to that in the new film?

More so than the first death wish film in terms of brutality. The body count wasn’t as high as I thought the trailer implied.

The original death wish had more character development I thought.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

Gadot is a terrible actress also. She is fine though.

Ha!

johndivney wrote:
kermit the Trump wrote:

she shows her ass in it.

That alone makes it worth the price of admission.

I wish she would've done more horror films in her youth. She was great in FD3.

Alien: covenant - felt exactly the same after seeing it in cinema, I felt like I was only person who enjoyed Prometheus given hate it’s received.

I hate how everything has to be a huge and immediate blockbuster now and if its not, they just toss whatever plans they had and move full speed ahead with something else.

People interested in Prometheus knew it was a planned trilogy. A slow burner was expected...but since xenomorphs weren't spewing acid all over the place, it gets crap reviews and they pull the plug on the vision. We get the worst of both worlds in its place.

This kind of shit impacts all sorts of films. Because the film Rings bombed, the Friday the 13th reboot was canceled.

Different era mate. Gotta take these things as they come/on their own merit. I think most valid criticism of covenant from Prometheus was that it did away with main intrigue of Prometheus inside 30 seconds: when they arrived at creators home world & unleashed bioweapon rather than explore origin storyline. In retrospect I think it was another mastsrstroke from Ridley & makes covenant a more self contained piece/film while answering by ignoring questions of previous film. It’s like, “ok we’ve kind of explained what we’ve needed to explain, now here’s another story.”

Board footer