You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

The Judge- Pretty good movie with Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall. Damn he's getting old. I don't watch enough dramas like this anymore.

Adventures in Babysitting- I used to love this movie a lifetime ago. It doesn't hold up well.

The Europa Report- Great film. Its possible this exact thing will happen on the first manned mission here.

Gone Girl- The first hour was amazing. I hate Affleck but he's killer here.  I rolled my eyes at the twist and no longer cared what happened to either of them.

Se7en- One of my all time favorite movies but hadn't watched it in a long time. This film should've hauled in Oscars. Crazy that Pitt is now as old as Morgan Freeman is here. If they ever did a sequel, his character would be the old and jaded detective about to retire. Fuck, time goes by so fast.

Boys Don't Cry- Another movie that doesn't really hold up and is more a product of its time. Very little happens and its slow as molasses. The story could've been covered in 20 minutes.

A Simple Plan- Love this movie. One of Bill Paxton's best.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I like Mtt Damon & liked the Martian but yea obv they were going to rescue him. Decent latter day Ridley. Never bothered with the book.

I loved the book. The movie was meh. Lost the flavor and structure of the book.

johndivney wrote:

Alien: covenant - felt exactly the same after seeing it in cinema, I felt like I was only person who enjoyed Prometheus given hate it’s received. More time has passed I enjoy the schlocky nature of covenant & utter disregard it has for Prometheus + Fassbender is absolutely fucking brilliant in it. Overlooked & actually pretty great taken on its own.

I love Alien: Covenant.

I wanted to like Prometheus but there was just too much stupid shit in it. I didn't buy it. Great looking film though.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I saw Black Panther. Gave in to the hype. I've mentioned before I'm not a big superhero/comic book movie fan, just Batman. Anyway I liked it alot. Definitely action packed & doesn't follow your typical Installment 1 timeline of 20 minutes regular dude discovers his talents, 40 minutes City is terrorized by villian, 20 minutes superhero & villian battle it out.

Almost to a fault, I did feel mybe they coulda spent 5-10 more minutes into his backstory etc, it all seemed to pass by pretty quick & not sure I grasped it. Also the villian wasn't a typical villian, more just a friend who took the wrong path. In the end tho I think it worked, otherwise it all woulda been a cookie cutter script. One thing that helped was the scenery. Wasn't your typical "Big city needs you {Insert Superhero Name Here}" setting. I felt the backdrops & nature shots backgrounds were cool, different.

Anyway, good movie all around. Maybe not a must see in theaters, depending how often you go, but worth checking out.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The Visit- I loved it. Started pretty slow and since its M Night Whateverthefuck I knew a twist of some sort was coming. Definitely his comeback film. Welcome back. Just keep doing quality films like this.

Happy Death Day- Average horror film. I couldn't stand any of the characters. It was obvious it was going to be one of her friends and when they tried to trick the viewer, I wasn't buying it. This film could probably be improved in the editing room.

I, Tonya- Amazing. A film of the decade contender for me. I'm very nostalgic and they did a great job with the 80s-90s setting. Margot Robbie is now the real deal. Deserved the Oscar. They were able to pull off the white trailer trash setting and it could've easily morphed into cheese.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

You may enjoy Split, Lofton. It's M. Night latest movie and it's pretty solid with only a couple problems that I won't mention cause it would spoil the movie.

Recently I saw Ready Player One by Spielberg and thought it was alot of fun. Just a pure popcorn flick! Annihilation was really great too.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Really liked Ready Player One. Good popcorn flick.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I want to see it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I want to see it.

I'm going this Saturday.

Me_Wise_Magic

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I want to see it.

Randall: Hell yeah my dude! 5

Smoking: I think you're gonna love it!

Me_Wise_Magic

Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I want to see it.

Randall: Hell yeah my dude! 5

Smoking: I think you're gonna love it!

ID: Enjoy yourself man!

Board footer