You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Smoking Guns wrote:

Mates, I finally saw the movie CREED. WOW!! What a great movie!  I got misty eyed several times. Great great movie!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Just saw Ready Played One. So, so good. That was like my childhood all rolled into a video game/theme park ride. I really enjoyed it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Mates, I finally saw the movie CREED. WOW!! What a great movie!  I got misty eyed several times. Great great movie!

I saw that last year. It was ok. Its just a remake of Rocky but with Rocky as the Micky character.

Rocky Balboa was a great way to wrap up the Rocky story line. I like how they pretend Rocky V doesn't exist in the Rocky "universe". I bought a set of the Rocky films last year and they didn't include it. 16

I wish I still played video games. There is a killer Rocky game now that has a story mode. I wanted a game like this 15-20 years ago. They finally did it. 9

I just looked it up. This game is from 2004?!? 18 I don't remember its release then. I would've been all over it like Roseanne Barr on a loose meat sandwich. I remember a Rocky game from my youth but it was just fighting. Strange.

Don't use drugs.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Isn't Drago coming back for Creed 2?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

kermit the Trump wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I saw that last year. It was ok. Its just a remake of Rocky but with Rocky as the Micky character.

Rocky Balboa was a great way to wrap up the Rocky story line. I like how they pretend Rocky V doesn't exist in the Rocky "universe". I bought a set of the Rocky films last year and they didn't include it. 16

I wish I still played video games. There is a killer Rocky game now that has a story mode. I wanted a game like this 15-20 years ago. They finally did it. 9

I just looked it up. This game is from 2004?!? 18 I don't remember its release then. I would've been all over it like Roseanne Barr on a loose meat sandwich. I remember a Rocky game from my youth but it was just fighting. Strange.

Don't use drugs.

Me and my friends would get drunk and play that a couple times a week at least during college.  I loved that game.  They made a sequel around 2004 that was called Rocky Legends, and you could do the story mode for the other main characters, like Apollo, Clubber and Drago.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Isn't Drago coming back for Creed 2?

Yes sir.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Me and my friends would get drunk and play that a couple times a week at least during college.  I loved that game.  They made a sequel around 2004 that was called Rocky Legends, and you could do the story mode for the other main characters, like Apollo, Clubber and Drago.

I guess I played the first Rocky but missed out on Legends...or I played Legends but didn't play the story mode. Either way, it looks amazing.

It sucks how when the graphics for video games became ultra realistic, story modes became passe as people just wanted to do death matches and shit online.

There was so much potential for games like this.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Still geeking out about Ready Played One. The lead actor kinda sucked, he had no chemistry with the actress, who was really incredible btw, but the avatar sequences made up for it. It felt a little long, but Goddamn was it fun.

Hidden Text:

The Shining was worth the ticket alone. Spielberg needs to make his own Shining.

It was great spotting little nuggets like Pee Wee Herman's bike, and that she was using a machine gun from Aliens, but I really wish Spawn could have been a main character and not just a blink and you miss it cameo.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm looking forward to the horror film Heredity.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hereditary

The great reviews have me concerned. "It Comes At Night" got similar reviews and was one of the worst films I've ever seen. (There was no it and nothing came at night). The Witch was good, not great. Same with It Follows. The Babadook was good but nothing is watch again. Believe it or not, It was the horror film I was impressed with the most recently.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Ghost Stories.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghost_stories_2018/

Brilliant throwback to the Amicus portmanteau horror films of the 70s. The writer/star was mesmerist Derren Brown's director, so it uses a lot of the tricks and gimmicks Brown employs during his shows. And if you're a horror buff it's packed with homages for everything from Evil Dead to the British public information films of the 1970s (seriously, those things were terrifying. Look up The Spirit of Dark and Lonely Water).

Oh, and in this case: AVOID SPOILERS.

Board footer