You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

misterID wrote:

Sounds cool. I love anthologies.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Holy shit, Infinity War was awesome.  Best movie in the series yet if you ask me.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Holy shit, Infinity War was awesome.  Best movie in the series yet if you ask me.

Yeah, I saw it opening day. It was really great!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

I regret watching it as these obviously need to be watched in order. I'm gonna start with the first film and work my way down the list. I haven't seen any of the other sequels.  It definitely lacks the feel of the 96 film and is more a straight up action flick. I assume the other sequels are as well.

12 Monkeys

It's easy to forget how great this film was. I loved Madeleine Stowe.

Panic Room

I had forgot about this movie...including how it ends. It was like watching a new movie.  It's actually pretty damn good.  I had also forgot its one of Fincher's movies.

Going In Style

Its like Grumpy Old Men robbing a bank.  Watched it for shits and giggles but was pleasantly surprised. I was blown away by how old Michael Caine is now. Yikes.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Rogue Nation is fantastic. It was the best of the series, IMO. Ghost Protocol was more a family action film, it was directed by the director of The Incredibles, so that should tell you about it. M:I 3 is a straight up popcorn action film, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is great, probably better than any bond villain I can think of. It has the best opening of the series. Very ballsy. 2 was a silly mess. I appreciate the 1st one a lot more now.

Rogue was written and directed by the writer of The Usual Suspects, so it's by far the darkest and grittiest. He's also directing the new one, Fall Out, so I'm pretty excited about it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Bobby Kennedy For President on Netflix is really good. Great insights, man this country woulda become so much different had he become President. Definitely would've been a transformative President.

It's poorly stretched into 4 episodes (1 hour each). Either cut it to 3 or dive deeper into his upbringing & the Kennedy family. Episode 4 is a 1 hour dud. While I don't think there's really any conspiracies with RFK, but definitely some strange things with the family in general, makes one wonder (JFK, RFK, JFK Jr etc)

misterID

misterID wrote:

Black Panther and Spiderman Homecoming. Loved Black Panther up until

Hidden Text:

Andy Serkis was killed. What a waste of a great villain. He could have been used so much better had he been used as an evil father figure for Erik, but they wanted him to stand alone and be "justfied" in his villainly. Just for me, the film went downhill at that point. But Black Panther was a great character.

Holy cow Spiderman was fantastic! Loved it more than Black Panther. I laughed my ass off.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Mission Impossible- Saw this in the theater in 96. Just watched it a few days ago since I decided to watch the other films. Its amazing how slow action films of old are after watching how modern films move along. Same with TV shows. Watch something like Streets of San Francisco, then watch something like Rizzoli & Isles. Its insane.

It's a great film though. The sequels lost the flavor contained in this one. The CIA break in one of the best moments in the series.

Mission Impossible II- Holy shit. They lost the plot with this one. I don't know if anyone said it at the time(2000) but this had the potential to be a franchise killer. The simple fact it killed at the box office is likely the only thing that saved it. The plot is severely lacking, a terrible cast with no chemistry, Some scenes loaded with cringe, and its too action oriented.

Mission Impossible III- Nice recovery. Cruise must have realized his franchise was in trouble. A better cast and Hoffman wound up being the best villain in the franchise. The series has permanently strayed from its roots though with epic action scenes becoming the fuel.

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation- Wow. After watching III I didn't think they could top its casting. They did here. The Ilsa character is strong enough to warrant a spinoff film.  I actually googled her to see if there had already been a film with this character in it. She just shows up and starts kicking ass like she's an action star on her own. They'll never do it of course but the potential is there. Cruise's age is catching up with him but he can still pull it off. He should focus on doing a few more MI films before he gets too old.

The Prestige- Cant believe I went all these years without watching it. I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not a big fan of films set in this era which is probably why I avoided it but it has a great story. Was surprised to see Bowie playing Tesla. A bold casting choice.

The Bourne Supremacy- Decided to catch up on this franchise like I did MI. I saw the first Bourne movie when it came out but none of the others. I should've watched the first one again instead of picking up here.  I do not like this character at all and I realize part of it may be because I simply cant stand Damon. I was able to overlook this with The Martian but not here. I may try the latest Bourne film before giving up on it.

I don't find the Bourne character sympathetic yet he's supposed to be. We're supposed to pull for him in these situations but there's nothing to pull for. He's just a grade A assassin who also kills women who get in the way. His apology to the surviving daughter at the end falls flat.

These films might be better had a different actor got the role.

I Still Know What You Did Last Summer- Jesus Christ. I saw this in 98 when it came out and liked it although I was always a Hewitt fan from Party of Five. This film does not hold up at all and the plot is pure shit. They obviously did it to capitalize on the success of the first film and put no thought into this.

I've put this on my list of horror films to never watch again.

Annihilation- Great film. I wish Portman would do more films like this. She's amazing but her resume is real spotty. I didn't really like the ending but there were very few directions for this story to go. I never read the book but apparently they took it in a different direction. The books are a trilogy but I don't see how this story could realistically get sequels.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
kermit the Trump wrote:

Annihilation- Great film. I wish Portman would do more films like this. She's amazing but her resume is real spotty. I didn't really like the ending but there were very few directions for this story to go. I never read the book but apparently they took it in a different direction. The books are a trilogy but I don't see how this story could realistically get sequels.

Probably my favorite horror movie I've seen this year. Great sound design, as every scene that warranted it had music to really make you feel uneasy. And that bear creature gave me the heebie jeebies for sure.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Randall Flagg wrote:

Yeah Brolin was brilliant and I've seen it twice so far.

Board footer