You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The rallies are entertaining

Why are you entertained by trump getting on stage and making fun of other Americans because he doesn’t like them?
I find it wildly inappropriate.


Where can I find you post condemning the deplorables comment?

Edit: Couldn't find it.  Only time you used the word was to call America deplorable.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 04#p310204

I’m also not the president either...no one really cares what i think...they do care what he thinks.

Edit: the deplorables comment seems awfully mild compared to trump wouldn’t you say? He’s made fun of handicapped people, liberals, Dems, Big cities, half the country thinks he’s racist, he’s called Mexicans rapists....everyday he rips on fellow Americans for disagreeing with him or anyone who chooses to retaliate.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Why are you entertained by trump getting on stage and making fun of other Americans because he doesn’t like them?
I find it wildly inappropriate.


Where can I find you post condemning the deplorables comment?

Edit: Couldn't find it.  Only time you used the word was to call America deplorable.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 04#p310204

I’m also not the president either...no one really cares what i think...they do care what he thinks.

Edit: the deplorables comment seems awfully mild compared to trump wouldn’t you say? He’s made fun of handicapped people, liberals, Dems, Big cities, half the country thinks he’s racist, he’s called Mexicans rapists....everyday he rips on fellow Americans for disagreeing with him or anyone who chooses to retaliate.


Definition of deplorable
1 : deserving censure or contempt : wretched deplorable living conditions
https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction … h-dict-hed

If you're talking about sheer number of insults, absolutely I agree.  Only idiots on late night or twitter could hold a candle, and they're not the President as you put it.  But in terms of severity or meanness?  She called 25% of the country people "deserving of contempt."

Definition of contempt
a : the act of despising : the state of mind of one who despises : disdain glared at him in contempt
b : lack of respect or reverence for something acting with contempt for public safety
2 : the state of being despised
3 : willful disobedience to or open disrespect of a court, judge, or legislative body contempt of court
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/contempt

Ergo she said that 25% of the population was deserving of being despised.

Definition of despise
despised; despising
transitive verb
1 : to look down on with contempt or aversion despised the weak
2 : to regard as negligible, worthless, or distasteful despises organized religion
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/despised

So Hillary thought 25% of the country is worthless, negligible, and distasteful.  She said that of her own people, US Citizens. 

25% of the country is around 83 million people.  Trump insulted "handicapped people, liberals, Dems, Big cities, half the country thinks he’s racist, he’s called Mexicans rapists", but he didn't call 25% of the US population "negligible, worthless, or distasteful".

So spare me the bullshit that Trump's insults are intrinsically worse or weren't directed at an incredibly broad spectrum of people.  No one supports Trump's behavior.  At least no one here on this forum.  And I've seen few talking heads or leaders say they're okay with it.  In fact, both McConnell and Ryan have condemned it.  So no, I don't think it's mild.  The left cried outrage when Romney factually pointed out that 47% of the country doesn't pay a federal income tax, arguing his comments meant these people were "negligible, worthless, or distasteful" rather than acknowledge the fact that 47% of the country isn't interested in someone who wants them to pay anything for the benefits they receive.  If you think half the people who supported Trump are "negligible, worthless, or distasteful" and think that's just as objectively true as 47% of Americans not paying a federal income tax, say so and we can agree to disagree. But calling someone a piece of shit and pretending it's different because you flex your vocabulary doesn't change the fact you're calling them a piece of shit.

But Democrats lobbing nukes (every time you've called someone a racist the past 20 years) in an election isn't new.  So I'm highly suspicious when people pretend Trump's brash and indecent behavior is new and unheard of.

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Where can I find you post condemning the deplorables comment?

Edit: Couldn't find it.  Only time you used the word was to call America deplorable.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 04#p310204

I’m also not the president either...no one really cares what i think...they do care what he thinks.

Edit: the deplorables comment seems awfully mild compared to trump wouldn’t you say? He’s made fun of handicapped people, liberals, Dems, Big cities, half the country thinks he’s racist, he’s called Mexicans rapists....everyday he rips on fellow Americans for disagreeing with him or anyone who chooses to retaliate.


Definition of deplorable
1 : deserving censure or contempt : wretched deplorable living conditions
https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction … h-dict-hed

If you're talking about sheer number of insults, absolutely I agree.  Only idiots on late night or twitter could hold a candle, and they're not the President as you put it.  But in terms of severity or meanness?  She called 25% of the country people "deserving of contempt."

Definition of contempt
a : the act of despising : the state of mind of one who despises : disdain glared at him in contempt
b : lack of respect or reverence for something acting with contempt for public safety
2 : the state of being despised
3 : willful disobedience to or open disrespect of a court, judge, or legislative body contempt of court
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/contempt

Ergo she said that 25% of the population was deserving of being despised.

Definition of despise
despised; despising
transitive verb
1 : to look down on with contempt or aversion despised the weak
2 : to regard as negligible, worthless, or distasteful despises organized religion
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/despised

So Hillary thought 25% of the country is worthless, negligible, and distasteful.  She said that of her own people, US Citizens. 

25% of the country is around 83 million people.  Trump insulted "handicapped people, liberals, Dems, Big cities, half the country thinks he’s racist, he’s called Mexicans rapists", but he didn't call 25% of the US population "negligible, worthless, or distasteful".

So spare me the bullshit that Trump's insults are intrinsically worse or weren't directed at an incredibly broad spectrum of people.  No one supports Trump's behavior.  At least no one here on this forum.  And I've seen few talking heads or leaders say they're okay with it.  In fact, both McConnell and Ryan have condemned it.  So no, I don't think it's mild.  The left cried outrage when Romney factually pointed out that 47% of the country doesn't pay a federal income tax, arguing his comments meant these people were "negligible, worthless, or distasteful" rather than acknowledge the fact that 47% of the country isn't interested in someone who wants them to pay anything for the benefits they receive.  If you think half the people who supported Trump are "negligible, worthless, or distasteful" and think that's just as objectively true as 47% of Americans not paying a federal income tax, say so and we can agree to disagree. But calling someone a piece of shit and pretending it's different because you flex your vocabulary doesn't change the fact you're calling them a piece of shit.

But Democrats lobbing nukes (every time you've called someone a racist the past 20 years) in an election isn't new.  So I'm highly suspicious when people pretend Trump's brash and indecent behavior is new and unheard of.

He’s brought it to a new level....if you and i cannot agree on that then we cannot agree on anything.

If you also cannot acknowledge that racism/discrimination still exist then we can’t agree on anything. There are PC ways of implementing policies that discriminate against people. Not just for race either. And you were in favor of the recent Supreme Court rulings in favor of not having to bake cakes for gay people and the anti union stuff that’s been going down.

Plus, once you actually become president there’s no need for this bullshit anymore.

If you want to subjectively argue about which statement was worse or who was meaner then go ahead.



But if you’re asking me to be held to a higher standard than our president...then I’ve got two words for ya. And I’ll use the two words better than trump can.

I find it funny to think that  the comment outraged Dems....even if it was fact. 47 percent of people who don’t pay taxes?! Isn’t it every Republicans goal to be one of them? Or at the very least....hide their money off shore to avoid paying taxes?

Trump is president and still picks a fight for with me...so I’ll retaliate any way i can.

Ya know...if trump could’ve bitten his tongue...he wouldn’t be at such risk of losing the house in November. Instead it was more important for him to come after his fellow Americans after he won. He will get it back ten fold.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

094509_A0-1_E35-469_C-89_B8-_E93_EA14_E0003.png

Everyone in Pittsburgh just saved 7% a month off their water bill. For a lot of people, that extra $5 a month matters. It’s adding up. So saying it’s a failure isn’t accurate. Trump should remind people on the success of his tax cut compared to Obamacare’s laughable roll out at every contested congressional seat.

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://s22.postimg.cc/dr7s6b9nl/094509 … _E0003.png

Everyone in Pittsburgh just saved 7% a month off their water bill. For a lot of people, that extra $5 a month matters. It’s adding up. So saying it’s a failure isn’t accurate. Trump should remind people on the success of his tax cut compared to Obamacare’s laughable roll out at every contested congressional seat.

Lol $5

monkeychow
 Rep: 634 

Re: US Politics Thread

monkeychow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Lol $5

In just 16 short years of saving that will buy you the Locked And Loaded Box Set.

Which sounds bad...but odds are it will still be the most recent GNR release by then too.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 424 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

My company gave nice increases to most people making (generally) less than 60K.  I don't have all the data, but the ones I have seen were roughly 10% increases (for people making about 50K before the increase).  These were one time increases in February (and outside of the merit increases that they also received in March) directly because of the tax cuts.  You can laugh at $5 if you want to, but 10% raises for doing absolutely nothing more than what you were doing before are nothing to laugh at.  The company also increased their 401k match for all employees.  The company subsidizes healthcare premiums for people (roughly) making less than 40K so they pay less out of each paycheck. 

If anyone thinks the tax cuts are a negative financially for the common people, you better hate Obamacare, which fucked the common people financially hard.  Premiums went up.  Deductibles went up.  It's virtually impossible to find a low deductible plan any more.  The rich and the very sick poor that aren't paying for their healthcare are the only ones not getting killed by Obamacare.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://s22.postimg.cc/dr7s6b9nl/094509 … _E0003.png

Everyone in Pittsburgh just saved 7% a month off their water bill. For a lot of people, that extra $5 a month matters. It’s adding up. So saying it’s a failure isn’t accurate. Trump should remind people on the success of his tax cut compared to Obamacare’s laughable roll out at every contested congressional seat.

Lol $5


I'm sure a lot of the people you claim to care about could use that $5.  Especially when it's $5 from multiple sources and it quickly becomes $20-$40 extra a month.  But good ol' Mitch is content to shit post.  Never one for the facts or reason.  Tell us another story about how your brother got medical treatment 20 years before Obamacare and then explain again how Obamacare deserves credit for saving his life.  I'm sure it will make sense this time.

Didn't you say you'd save 20-30k under this for your business?   Have you given your employees $5 extra a month, or are you pocketing all that savings?

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Lol $5

In just 16 short years of saving that will buy you the Locked And Loaded Box Set.

Which sounds bad...but odds are it will still be the most recent GNR release by then too.

Extremely good point....16 years of saving will get you a box set mostly filled with songs you heard 25 years ago.

MAGA

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://s22.postimg.cc/dr7s6b9nl/094509 … _E0003.png

Everyone in Pittsburgh just saved 7% a month off their water bill. For a lot of people, that extra $5 a month matters. It’s adding up. So saying it’s a failure isn’t accurate. Trump should remind people on the success of his tax cut compared to Obamacare’s laughable roll out at every contested congressional seat.

Lol $5


I'm sure a lot of the people you claim to care about could use that $5.  Especially when it's $5 from multiple sources and it quickly becomes $20-$40 extra a month.  But good ol' Mitch is content to shit post.  Never one for the facts or reason.  Tell us another story about how your brother got medical treatment 20 years before Obamacare and then explain again how Obamacare deserves credit for saving his life.  I'm sure it will make sense this time.

Didn't you say you'd save 20-30k under this for your business?   Have you given your employees $5 extra a month, or are you pocketing all that savings?

I will tell you that story again but you have the details incorrect.

My brother was slowly dying prior to Obamacare because he was relegated to public health insurance because he couldn’t work and was basically falling through the cracks.

His immediate family (myself included) were able to purchase him an insurance policy that relieved many of his most debilitating symptoms.

Even with a colostomy bag hanging out of him 24/7 he now holds a full time job and contributed to society and has since about 2011/12.

Fuck Obamacare though right?

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB