You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Fortus thinks new Guns music coming sooner than you think

Sky Dog wrote:

They ought to call any new release Odds and Sods part II. axl

...featuring a cover of The Seeker.

I think a couple of people have mooted the idea of a stop-gap EP – bash out some recordings of the covers from the tour (Black Hole Sun, The Seeker, Wichita Lineman etc) and stick a couple of Chinese leftovers (Atlas Shrugged etc) on there with added Slash and Duff. TBH I don't think the band would want to squander the PR buzz from THE FIRST AXL/SLASH STUDIO MATERIAL SINCE 1995! on that though; same reason I was a bit dubious about the whole T-Rex cover thing.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Stop-gap records have been an inherent part of the band's history.

Lies kept them in the spotlight between Appetite and UYI. The Spaghetti Incident? seemed like a stop-gap as well. To do another one would take some of the pressure off the guys as they rekindle their friendship and partnership. It would be a good thing.

Sky Dog wrote:

I was joking....who the hell knows what we will get. 10

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

ClaudeF wrote:

Stop-gap records have been an inherent part of the band's history.

Lies kept them in the spotlight between Appetite and UYI. The Spaghetti Incident? seemed like a stop-gap as well. To do another one would take some of the pressure off the guys as they rekindle their friendship and partnership. It would be a good thing.

Yeah, but neither of those stop-gap albums came after a 24-year gap in recording from the key members of the band. They get one shot at the blaze of press and publicity that'll result from new material by Axl, Slash and Duff. Pissing that away on a covers EP would be insanity.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I would prefer they leave off "Black Hole Sun" and "I feel good".

I'd prefer an all new album obviously but i'll take what I can get. If that means a Lies-like stopgap so be it. Wichita and The Seeker I would love to have studio versions of but all other covers, especially the aforementioned should be avoided like a Paul Huge guitar riff.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

It's worth keeping one eye on this year. There is an intention and fewer barriers. Momentum is key to anything going forward.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Slash worked up a conspirators album in his Down time from the GNR tour. No reason he couldn’t do the reverse in 2019. Could only see an end of 2019 release at best though more likely 2020.

Much like the rest of the last decade if no new music materialises I suspect willingness and availability of the lead guitarist is not the main reason.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Momentum is key to anything going forward.

So a leak then?

I mean outside of Axl showing up looking 20 years younger and 20 pounds lighter, I’m not sure what they could do to get some kindling going.

downtownterry
 Rep: 2 

sp1at wrote:

It's worth keeping one eye on this year. There is an intention and fewer barriers. Momentum is key to anything going forward.

I'm pretty sure Splat is BBA.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Stupid Fortus....no offense of course.

Board footer