You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Will new music be released in 2019?

johndivney wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I don’t understand why King Animal is the comp people are looking at. No offense to SG but they were never on Guns level of popularity. Ever.

Re SG comparison - It’s not about popularity. Popular people are idiots, and so are the people who like them. It’s about quality. King Animal was a quality comeback record that bottled the SG energy and magic. It’s a template for what Guns should aspire to, try to emulate. Better that than some contemptuous run off the mill U2 album for example. U2 are popular and they’re idiots and so are their fans.

Will new music be released in 2019?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 0%
Yes, Q3 33%
Yes, Q4 8%
Not in this decade 25%
Not in this lifetime 33%
Total votes: 24

Sky Dog wrote:
johndivney wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I don’t understand why King Animal is the comp people are looking at. No offense to SG but they were never on Guns level of popularity. Ever.

Re SG comparison - It’s not about popularity. Popular people are idiots, and so are the people who like them. It’s about quality. King Animal was a quality comeback record that bottled the SG energy and magic. It’s a template for what Guns should aspire to, try to emulate. Better that than some contemptuous run off the mill U2 album for example. U2 are popular and they’re idiots and so are their fans.

I liked Bono with the Irish Mullet. cool

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
johndivney wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I certainly won’t argue with you on U2!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Well it's new to me...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Sorum sounds stiff as fuck on that.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Shiit. I didnt think either of the I think two or 3 performances would surface. Matty boy is a little stiff. Always dug the song though. Thanks for posting that dude.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Sounds good, always liked that song. Wish they kept it in their rotation. Wish I saw them on UYI actually.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

I was expecting one new track this year, but I have not been able to find anything.

We'll know soon either way

Board footer