You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

misterID wrote:

Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark.

So awful. So, so awful. The jump scares were lame and overdone. The dialogue was awful. The forced wokeness was hamhanded. And it wasn't ever scary.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark.

So awful. So, so awful. The jump scares were lame and overdone. The dialogue was awful. The forced wokeness was hamhanded. And it wasn't ever scary.

I loved the books as a kid, but felt they’d be better as quick tales from the crypt episodes rather than a movie.

I watched The Long Shot yesterday. I had heard it was crap, but I enjoyed it. No way Charlize Theron would date Seth Rogen, but I felt it was intelligently written.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Funny, I was talking to my brother yesterday & he mentioned he saw that movie on Redbox. Sounded pretty good, he said it was ok. It'll be on my to-do list.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I can't stand Seth Rogan, but I love Charlize Theron.

Trick R Treat, is a great horror film in the vein of SSTTITD. I was really looking forward to it, too.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is really the only movie worth seeing this year.

The rest is a bunch of trash.

I'd like to see John Wick 3 though, not gonna lie. Guilty pleasure.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
esoterica wrote:

I'd like to see John Wick 3 though, not gonna lie. Guilty pleasure.

Watched it a few days ago.  Better story than John Wick 2 and better look than 2 as well (great NEO-NOIR visuals).  Not sure how it compares to John Wick since it's been a while since I've seen that.

High Fidelity (2000)

For some reason, I have a soft spot for John Cusack films.  Watched this last week.  Fun, well adapted (from a novel) and enjoyable.  Funny cameo by Tim Robbins.  And Jack Black is in "School of Rock" mode here.  Bunch of musical references as well.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Greta. Chloe Moretz best movie in years. It's basically a semi ripoff of Single White Female mixed with Fatal Attraction but without any sex but it works well.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Greta. Chloe Moretz best movie in years. It's basically a semi ripoff of Single White Female mixed with Fatal Attraction but without any sex but it works well.

Saw this last week.  I'm not sure I

Hidden Text:

buy the total transformation of Greta turning into a total psycho killer near the end  Oh I laughed at some of the scenes in the restaurant, especially the one where Greta tosses the glass of wine

But it's a solid watchable film.

TimothyFirefly
 Rep: 0 

Hobbs and Shaw, just a fun dumb action film.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Saw this last week.  I'm not sure I

Hidden Text:

buy the total transformation of Greta turning into a total psycho killer near the end  Oh I laughed at some of the scenes in the restaurant, especially the one where Greta tosses the glass of wine

But it's a solid watchable film.

It definitely goes a bit overboard in that third act but I like it. They did a great job keeping you guessing on what Greta was going to do.

They let you think she was gonna go after her friend, which is typical of these types of films, but they pull away from that.

Board footer