You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Eazy-E (of N.W.A) feat. Guns-n-Roses - Yellow Brick Roads of Compton

Tommie wrote:

Is Duffs forum still open?  I cant remember what all happened over there... I know it was marred by tragedy though.  IF it is, I know he used to always be around on there.   check in there alot.

OPAZO
 Rep: 0 

OPAZO wrote:
Tommie wrote:

Is Duffs forum still open?  I cant remember what all happened over there... I know it was marred by tragedy though.  IF it is, I know he used to always be around on there.   check in there alot.

Fuck I just resived a mail by  them sayin that there shit is down or sumthin fuck.............
ima spam Slash and Guns n Roses on there MySpace's if anybody of yall got any info or contacts who knows them holla at me!
this is sumtthin big for the Eazy-E community and Guns n Roses community! 9

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Sorry to hash up old subjects,

It mentions the song here; https://imgur.com/gallery/VsiBMFa

AtariLegend wrote:

I doubt it, but wonder if opazo guy ever got a reply in the last decade.

Think I found his easy e youtube channel, but no videos in 8 years. Then again, I don't know how common the name is.

EazySteve
 Rep: 0 

EazySteve wrote:

even mentioned in the last paragraph of this article:

Interestingly, the same year that Efil4zaggin and Use Your Illusion were released, Eazy-E and GN’R allegedly recorded a track together, “The Yellow Road of Compton,” but it was never released.

https://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/mash … -axl-rose/

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Love Eazy-E RIP. Nothing else to contribute but wish he were still with us.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Been trying to get these for years, The DAT tapes were taken from the trunk of his car while he was in hospital and taken to Canada.

FBI files make for some interesting reading https://vault.fbi.gov/eric-wright-easy-e-ez-e

I always wondered if the GN'R songs were on those tapes and that interview a bit back sort of confirmed it. Slash and Duff were on the songs according to Ruthless Records paperwork, there's a few press releases where it's mentioned actually.

It was meant to come out May 11th 1993

Yellow Brick Road To Compton was one. I used to hear rumblings about a song called Apocolypse and a third was this with Slash on

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Haven't thought or heard of that in years.

If memory serves me correctly....when the info first came out back then wasn't it assumed that all of GNR worked with NWA?

If its just Slash and Duff....I don't really consider it a GNR/NWA collaboration.

It does make you wonder what might have happened if NWA had opened for GNR summer 91. They were still going into the studio to finish UYI. Something interesting might have happened.

In an alternate timeline....

Edit

First time I've seen a thread bumped with Tommie's posts in years.

RIP Tommie

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

I have label paperwork that specifically says Duff & Slash ill post it when I find it again. It's from one of two document's though from memory, he actually tried to put out the songs more than once. He got into a beef with Ice Cube I think which bumped it off the album he was working on at the time so he could instead do tracks about him.

"So strap up fool's and lets ride the yellow brick road to compton" That line found it's way into the Ruthless radio theme i believe. So I always suspected parts of it were re-purposed into other songs

Board footer