You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: New Album Thread

otto wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Just something random from 2015, Fortus states some of the new material may have sourced from Slash years ago;

On new material;

“Some of the stuff come(s) from nothing and some of the stuff is stuff that we’ve been working on that were ideas that were already there,” guitarist Richard Fortus revealed in November. “Some of the stuff Slash did — it was the beginning of the seed of the song that’s been around for a while.”

https://www.loudersound.com/features/sl … n-the-ring

I think by this time Slash was already back in the fold and (speculation from my part follows) Axl may have commissioned Fortus to look back into the 94-96 vault (that Axl has described as "the meanest riffs since Aerosmith's The Rocks") and sort what was worth working on.

Allegedly there were almost-finished songs back then, so it may be those + the other song ideas.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
otto wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Just something random from 2015, Fortus states some of the new material may have sourced from Slash years ago;

On new material;

“Some of the stuff come(s) from nothing and some of the stuff is stuff that we’ve been working on that were ideas that were already there,” guitarist Richard Fortus revealed in November. “Some of the stuff Slash did — it was the beginning of the seed of the song that’s been around for a while.”

I think by this time Slash was already back in the fold and (speculation from my part follows) Axl may have commissioned Fortus to look back into the 94-96 vault (that Axl has described as "the meanest riffs since Aerosmith's The Rocks") and sort what was worth working on.

Allegedly there were almost-finished songs back then, so it may be those + the other song ideas.

Exactly my thoughts, so we could be looking at some material from a golden age and different material to what we have heard

Also, Axl may potentially draw a line under material majorly sourced from departed members of the band.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
sp1at wrote:
otto wrote:
sp1at wrote:

On new material;

Exactly my thoughts, so we could be looking at some material from a golden age and different material to what we have heard

Also, Axl may potentially draw a line under material majorly sourced from departed members of the band.

since the very start of fortus's time in gnr he has always been a bullshitter so i don't believe anything he says

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
sp1at wrote:
otto wrote:

since the very start of fortus's time in gnr he has always been a bullshitter so i don't believe anything he says

We interviewed him years ago, he is a stand up guy. You need to be less the minus four guy and stop firing out misinformed opinions.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
sp1at wrote:

We interviewed him years ago, he is a stand up guy. You need to be less the minus four guy and stop firing out misinformed opinions.

i'm sure he is a nice dude but almost everything he has said has either been false or just straight up lies i'm not saying it's his fault maybe that's what management want him to say but it does get annoying when he confirms a new album or denies a song that exists saying that it doesn't exist and for us fans it does get frustrating we just want a straight up answer that's all

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Declan94 wrote:

i'm sure he is a nice dude but almost everything he has said has either been false or just straight up lies i'm not saying it's his fault maybe that's what management want him to say but it does get annoying when he confirms a new album or denies a song that exists saying that it doesn't exist and for us fans it does get frustrating we just want a straight up answer that's all

If it helps, he says in the same interview that Axl is secretive, which is where you are maybe coming from.

I think with regard to the release of albums, it would be easy to disregard what Fortus says because the process of releasing albums has been frustrated a lot of times by the record company

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

sp1at wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
sp1at wrote:

If it helps, he says in the same interview that Axl is secretive, which is where you are maybe coming from.

I think with regard to the release of albums, it would be easy to disregard what Fortus says because the process of releasing albums has been frustrated a lot of times by the record company

They just made $500 million touring the past 3 years. They don’t need a record company. Metallica doesn’t. Either they want to record new music, or they don’t. They don’t need anyone’s permission or help. They can afford studio time. They can hire a producer. They don’t need to release physical media.

This “hopelessly devoted to you” nonsense many fans have needs to stop. I recently re-read Chinese Whispers, and if there’s one message to take away, it’s that no one, not even “insiders” has a clue what the future holds.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Declan94 wrote:

They just made $500 million touring the past 3 years. They don’t need a record company. Metallica doesn’t. Either they want to record new music, or they don’t. They don’t need anyone’s permission or help. They can afford studio time. They can hire a producer. They don’t need to release physical media.

This “hopelessly devoted to you” nonsense many fans have needs to stop. I recently re-read Chinese Whispers, and if there’s one message to take away, it’s that no one, not even “insiders” has a clue what the future holds.

Exactly

The purpose of the thread is to follow what the band say and what is written. The past is the past and we are now in a different era

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I also agree but would bet there is some legal obligation (or debt) related to releasing new music.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

The record company owns the rights and masters.

Board footer