You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: It's happening.

wasted wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
wasted wrote:

Side 1:

Hardschool
Berlin
The Seeker
Atlas Shrugged
Perhaps
Wichita Lineman
Soul Monster

I think we can spread the covers out a little more... 

I dont want Black Hole Sun or I Feel Good anywhere near this...

We don't need Spaghetti volume 2

I almost think they need to make more accessible in that way though. A couple of covers, acoustic sing a long like UTLH, a proper power ballad.

I was thinking that, maybe side 2. But also UYI and CD are shaped by vinyl versions. The Illusions and CD have 4 solid tracks 1-4 then side 2 of disc 1 is 3 or 4 tracks. Each side opens and ends with good tracks.

So more likely
Hardschool (RNDTH)
Berlin (DNB)
The Seeker (LNLD)
Atlas Shrugged (DC)

then
Nothing or something acoustic (ITW)
Perhaps (twat)
Soul Monster (Catcher)

Those first 4 songs are normally the best: Civil, 14, Yesterdays, HD - RNDTH, Dust, Live, Cry - Chi dem, Shacklers, Better, SOD - Hard, Berlin, Seeker, Atlas.

After the first 4 solid tracks they do something fun like GITR or ITW, a couple of rockers to make space for a epic like Breakdown or Monster.

Wichita seems like a track 13 before Ides of March goes epic.

wasted

wasted wrote:
wasted wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
wasted wrote:

Side 1:

Hardschool
Berlin
The Seeker
Atlas Shrugged
Perhaps
Wichita Lineman
Soul Monster

I almost think they need to make more accessible in that way though. A couple of covers, acoustic sing a long like UTLH, a proper power ballad. This is One For The Masses. It needs to be Jukebox ready.

I was thinking that, maybe side 2. But also UYI and CD are shaped by vinyl versions. The Illusions and CD have 4 solid tracks 1-4 then side 2 of disc 1 is 3 or 4 tracks. Each side opens and ends with good tracks.

So more likely
Hardschool (RNDTH)
Berlin (DNB)
The Seeker (LNLD)
Atlas Shrugged (DC)

then
Nothing or something acoustic (ITW)
Perhaps (twat)
Soul Monster (Catcher)

Those first 4 songs are normally the best: Civil, 14, Yesterdays, HD - RNDTH, Dust, Live, Cry - Chi dem, Shacklers, Better, SOD - Hard, Berlin, Seeker, Atlas.

After the first 4 solid tracks they do something fun like GITR or ITW, a couple of rockers to make space for a epic like Breakdown or Monster.

Wichita seems like a track 13 before Ides of March goes epic.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Tortilla_Man wrote:

The "New Chapter" spot was a Live Nation commercial for a European Tour

Live Nation care about 1 thing, Ticket Sales

There is a new album, and the tour March onwards is a new tour.

It is badly advertised, I was hoping for better, but it is what it is.

The Miami concert is an outlier, I am assuming this is when the first new track is set to appear, I don't know., but it all appears to be well planned.

So.... do you have any other info here?

Not overly. If you email anyone, you either get no response, or just confirmation on what has already been said.

Slash said in September, "Obviously, everybody knows that we’re working on new material, which is really exciting, and so, that’s really primarily what the focus is.", and earlier, "“There’s a handful of gigs that are happening at the very end of September and through October, so [Louder Than Life is] just one of them, and then it’s really just focusing on getting a new record done.”

Obviously the issue is actually putting these words into practice, but their intentions have been said over and over. And Livenation will refer you to the new chapter thing if you ask them if the tour dates next year are part of the NITL tour, and their press release speaks of the NITL tour in the past tense. And, Hard School, was on the alt setlist.

I'd say there is enough there to assume there is new music coming and the tour dates are related to that.

Vale

Vale wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
wasted wrote:

Side 1:

Hardschool
Berlin
The Seeker
Atlas Shrugged
Perhaps
Wichita Lineman
Soul Monster

That's kinda what I don't understand in the first place. We get 15 original songs in almost 30 years. And just after several discs of potentially really great original tracks (especially if worked out properly) leak, and despite the chance of getting material from the old 95, 96 sessions as well as  the possibility of brand new ideas, you guys really rather prefer studio versions of covers they have performed waaayyy to often already anyways...?

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:

so a confirmed ep is coming? what about state of grace? nothing? eye on you? quicksong with non scratch vocals?

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:

and what about silkworms too?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Am I the only one who's going to be disappointed if the "new" album is just a bunch of B Sides from Chinese Democracy Slash and Duff re-recorded?  If all the "leaks" are the new songs, well... I hope they aren't.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
Vale wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
wasted wrote:

Side 1:

Hardschool
Berlin
The Seeker
Atlas Shrugged
Perhaps
Wichita Lineman
Soul Monster

That's kinda what I don't understand in the first place. We get 15 original songs in almost 30 years. And just after several discs of potentially really great original tracks (especially if worked out properly) leak, and despite the chance of getting material from the old 95, 96 sessions as well as  the possibility of brand new ideas, you guys really rather prefer studio versions of covers they have performed waaayyy to often already anyways...?

I hear ya and agree for the most part . I guess some of it comes down to quality - I’d rather stellar cover songs of that ilk were included as long as they were at the expense of average original material only. That said there should be tonnes of material going around to make a real epic

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Am I the only one who's going to be disappointed if the "new" album is just a bunch of B Sides from Chinese Democracy Slash and Duff re-recorded?  If all the "leaks" are the new songs, well... I hope they aren't.

Yeah me too. The absolute cream of that crop only and it would be nice to have the band work them from the floor somewhat organically.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I don’t care. I want good songs.

I’d be a bit disappointed not to hear Soul Monster or The General though.

Board footer