You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: It's happening.

jimmythegent wrote:

A good song is a good song.

Be nice to have Izzy at least credited on a song or two. They would kick ass and lend further legitimacy.

Still fascinated to see the involvement if any of Paul Huge.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Be nice to have Izzy at least credited on a song or two. They would kick ass and lend further legitimacy.

I guess it’s run times and putting singles up front. First 5 songs on CD are the singles. Maybe not the right ones cos Catcher, Sorry, TIL, IRS, Madagascar might have been better. But those first 5 are rounded off.

Supposedly Axl has 3-4 of Izzy’s songs. I think instead of an experimental track do an Izzy acoustic, instead of a Bucket song like Scraped do an Izzy Rock n roll song. Bring in those AFD fanatics. It separates it. But maybe that’s the next record? They could have 10 more records if Axl just sang on Izzy solo records with Slash playing.

Huge could’ve written parts of Atlas and Perhaps. I don’t think may got a credit for Catcher. Maybe even State of Grace. Seems like a Huge/ Finck song.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see an Izzy or Huge writing credit. There’s normally a random writer too. Freese and Brain will pop up. Bucket certainly. Dizzy may have written that Perhaps piano. Whereas As It Began sounds like Axl.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
wasted wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I guess it’s run times and putting singles up front. First 5 songs on CD are the singles. Maybe not the right ones cos Catcher, Sorry, TIL, IRS, Madagascar might have been better. But those first 5 are rounded off.

Supposedly Axl has 3-4 of Izzy’s songs. I think instead of an experimental track do an Izzy acoustic, instead of a Bucket song like Scraped do an Izzy Rock n roll song. Bring in those AFD fanatics. It separates it. But maybe that’s the next record? They could have 10 more records if Axl just sang on Izzy solo records with Slash playing.

Huge could’ve written parts of Atlas and Perhaps. I don’t think may got a credit for Catcher. Maybe even State of Grace. Seems like a Huge/ Finck song.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see an Izzy or Huge writing credit. There’s normally a random writer too. Freese and Brain will pop up. Bucket certainly. Dizzy may have written that Perhaps piano. Whereas As It Began sounds like Axl.

With regard to May not getting writing credit for his parts, that’s par for the course in GnR land...a solo does not get you a writing credit. It gets you a “Thanks for the killer solo(s)” in the liner notes.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
wasted wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

With regard to May not getting writing credit for his parts, that’s par for the course in GnR land...a solo does not get you a writing credit. It gets you a “Thanks for the killer solo(s)” in the liner notes.

That’s true but also common practice. It’s not really Axl doing that to Slash or May.

But it means who wrote Atlas with Axl?

So I can see Slash and Duff bringing some songs. But on the other hand do records make enough money to worry about credits. I think it will take the lack of a record to affect tour ticket sales.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

so... South American leg announced... which pretty much covers March/April

I think we are getting something soon...

So when would it be likely to have a North American leg amongst all this? Cos my guess is that's when an album will drop? With a single/EP early 2020?

I'm hoping they squeeze Asia/Pacific in between SA and Euro but that may be unrealistic...

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

So when would it be likely to have a North American leg amongst all this? Cos my guess is that's when an album will drop? With a single/EP early 2020?

I'm hoping they squeeze Asia/Pacific in between SA and Euro but that may be unrealistic...

I think it's important to note that with as much media attention as this tour has been getting, any new song performed is going to be a big deal. I'm expecting a debut during a performance (probably SuperBowl Fest) and a single of it dropping soon after.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:
strat0 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I think it's important to note that with as much media attention as this tour has been getting, any new song performed is going to be a big deal. I'm expecting a debut during a performance (probably SuperBowl Fest) and a single of it dropping soon after.

Sounds feasible...

Is this SuperBowl Fest broadcast widely?

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

N Americas tour will follow the Europe tour, then Oz and surrounding areas nearer Xmas. It's appears to be a typical world tour

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

N Americas tour will follow the Europe tour, then Oz and surrounding areas nearer Xmas. It's appears to be a typical world tour

Yeah that makes sense - summer and all too...

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
strat0 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Sounds feasible...

Is this SuperBowl Fest broadcast widely?

I haven't been able to find a definite answer on this yet. This is the first year I've actually payed attention to it. My gut is telling me it will be televised on at least a couple sports networks.

Board footer