You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

wasted wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

call me crazy but I just feel confident this year is the year

2020. There’s a Sopranos movie and a GNR album.

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42
sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

This is the year.

The silence is a good thing.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I agree. I have been cynical in the past but I am very confident for some reason. The world love GN'R again and the time is right. Cement the legacy - one last great album please. Hopefully a long one!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Sorry, I don't understand those of you who say "No news is good news".  This isn't 1990, it's 2020.  Maybe they'll release something, but silence is in no way a good thing for an aging rock band trying to capitalize on its former glory and the nostalgia of late 30s/late 40s year-olds with enough change to spend $170 a pop to relive their youth (which is what most GN'R concert goers are - they couldn't name Dizzy in a lineup if you put a gun to their head).

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Sorry, I don't understand those of you who say "No news is good news".  This isn't 1990, it's 2020.  Maybe they'll release something, but silence is in no way a good thing for an aging rock band trying to capitalize on its former glory and the nostalgia of late 30s/late 40s year-olds with enough change to spend $170 a pop to relive their youth (which is what most GN'R concert goers are - they couldn't name Dizzy in a lineup if you put a gun to their head).

I think they want to come out with a bang - hence the no news. When they do announce something it will be all the more impactful for it.
A proper new Guns N' Roses album featuring Slash announced will be massive news in a nanosecond.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

jimmythegent wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I think they want to come out with a bang - hence the no news. When they do announce something it will be all the more impactful for it.
A proper new Guns N' Roses album featuring Slash announced will be massive news in a nanosecond.

So why not announce it now, when they're announcing shows?  Albums aren't impulse buys, and even if they are, it doesn't negate that album promotion goes hand and hand with tour promotion.  People thought 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 and 2007 were "the year" too.  But if "Hard School" is their new single, maybe they shouldn't release an album and do some UYI shows.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

They announced Euro gigs Dec 13th. We know US dates are to come due to Duff's wife. It's not silent. When I say silent I mean there is no carelessness from third parties. No noise.  And no responses from key players

That to me is good from years of speaking to people. If nothing is happening people talk

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So why not announce it now, when they're announcing shows?

I'm guessing the promotion/concept etc etc... is still in the works?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

They seem to be doing a good job of keeping things quiet if an album is being planned.

I’m hoping things work out this year. I hope that the band can also maintain the quality we’ve come to expect from a GNR album.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Gn'R can sell tickets internationally without much effort.

It remains to be seen how much media they'd do for a new album but a businessman would want the product as visible as possible.

The problem is that's the antithesis of the NITL tour and Axl's general modus operandi.

Do they return to the VMAs in August with a new album and a next week release, as was once planned in 2001?

Time will tell.

P.S. A lot of money will be flying around Miami in late January/early February. I wonder if that's a recruitment date.

Board footer