You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: NA Dates going up on facebook for 2020

FlashFlood wrote:

Smashing Pumpkins opening select dates, including Boston.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Tortilla_Man wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Figures...I’m the best man in a wedding the day they come to Chicago

Sounds better than paying $350 to watch Axl go into his mickey voice on the 3rd song and struggle through the rest of the show in his weak falsetto.

IIRC one of the reasons he sounded better on the Axl/DC shows was the AC/DC engineer. Not sure if it's the same guy who's quoted here:

https://www.mixonline.com/live-sound/to … cdc-368134

“Brian isn’t a very strong singer,” Boothroyd says. “Even a very strong vocalist would struggle with sitting on top of the level of the backline, which is measured at 120 dBs at [bassist] Cliff [William’s] backing vocal position. But Brian does have a unique voice and you can sit it in the mix; you just have to be careful about how you place things.

“I’ve got a Summit TLA-100 tube on the vocal, which just helps me to punch his vocal forward more in the mix. The makeup gain on it is great: You give it a little tweak and you can hear it come forward in the mix, and the compression quality on it is very, very smooth.”

If it's him, they should just hire him for the GN'R tour, since it seems like he can work miracles with Axl's voice.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

FlashFlood wrote:

Smashing Pumpkins opening select dates, including Boston.

Fuck, I hope we get them in the UK.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

They're calling it the "Stadium Tour" on social media.  Sorry, but this is becoming a farce at this point.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah. Like, it'd be cool to see them again, definitely wouldn't live of to the magic of me seeing them in 2016. Plus, 4 years of a reunion tour?? Anyway, I might go, will checkout stubhub peridically now & leading up to the night.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

The competition this year is enormous. Every rock act it seems are doing their stadium tours, and in some cases (RHCP, RATM) reunion tours. Bolllllld move if they don’t release new music to promote it...

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

The competition this year is enormous. Every rock act it seems are doing their stadium tours, and in some cases (RHCP, RATM) reunion tours. Bolllllld move if they don’t release new music to promote it...

Rage Against the Machine are playing hockey arenas(slight difference.. about 40k less seats) with names of various financial institutions... but they won't have any problems selling tickets as they already have a built-in audience due to the  current American political climate. I really hate this fucking band

Rage Against the Machine while we cash our corporate checks from Sony records fuck off and then some. End rant

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

One would think GNR are touring with someone else on equal status as them (Metallica 92) in order to sell these venues out.. Smashing Pumpkins far from relevant these days

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

There has to be something to be selling these shows.... pretty confident still that it's a new album

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

There has to be something to be selling these shows.... pretty confident still that it's a new album

Do you mean as in 'Guns & Promoters pitching the shows to sell them?' or 'Customer buying tickets & having faith a new albums coming'?  Cause I'll tell you, outside of the boards I think most FB followers & comments I've read only wanna sett AFD & UYI. CD just seems like a side project/solo album Axl did that they heard 1 or 2 songs on the radio from. They have little insider knowledge.

Board footer