You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Re: US Politics Thread

This thread is toxic.

Like wow.

I feel bad that you people don’t have universal health care. Hopefully this pandemic doesn’t get worse for you. As America needs to be strong in a world of chaos and a rising China.

Paying people a liveable wage shouldn’t be a left or right issue.

Greed is the issue. That’s what I’m ending on. Fat cats are lefties and righties. There is more in common with both sides than you think.

At the end of the day poor people and working people always get fucked.

Fuck Bezos.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 119 

Re: US Politics Thread

TheSundanceKid wrote:

This thread is toxic.

Like wow.

I feel bad that you people don’t have universal health care. Hopefully this pandemic doesn’t get worse for you. As America needs to be strong in a world of chaos and a rising China.

Paying people a liveable wage shouldn’t be a left or right issue.

Greed is the issue. That’s what I’m ending on. Fat cats are lefties and righties. There is more in common with both sides than you think.

At the end of the day poor people and working people always get fucked.

Fuck Bezos.


What would universal healthcare do?  No one is being denied medical treatment, and there’s virtually nothing you can do to treat covid - just treat any secondary infections that arise in the lungs.

Europe is falling worse than China was,  and you all have “universal healthcare”, except for the successful amongst you who get private insurance and go to the same world class doctors Americans who make more than 40k go to.

Please get informed. You’re an alarmist.

mitchejw
 Rep: 111 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

This thread is toxic.

Like wow.

I feel bad that you people don’t have universal health care. Hopefully this pandemic doesn’t get worse for you. As America needs to be strong in a world of chaos and a rising China.

Paying people a liveable wage shouldn’t be a left or right issue.

Greed is the issue. That’s what I’m ending on. Fat cats are lefties and righties. There is more in common with both sides than you think.

At the end of the day poor people and working people always get fucked.

Fuck Bezos.

I agree man...the absurdity of this thread is that a lot of people here think they’re geniuses...but the reality is this thread is filled with people with deep southern roots who deeply hate Democrats and ‘big government.’ They hate it while they support massive deficits and regurgitate conservative talking points and conservative economic theory. They talk about theory like they’re facts. They talk about propaganda like facts. They talk about opinions like they’re facts.

An economic theory which by the way encourages labor to be treated like disposable paper plates...  used and discarded, and furthermore it’s believed labor should be grateful for this paradigm.

But everything said here is an opinion....nothing more. Any time anyone tells you to get informed and beats their arrogant chests, they’re just spitting out ‘Yay America’ propaganda. That’s all i see it as...grown adults that need to be told how great their country because they exist in it. It’s like reading fairy tales to kids.

Same thing with healthcare...look how RF talks about American doctors and can’t help but throw in ‘world class.’ Everything here is the best just because it exists here.

Don’t get me wrong...there are many great things about America...but i do not have to pretend the bad parts don’t exist to get by.

This thread is not a fair sample size and does not accurately reflect our country as a whole.

misterID
 Rep: 459 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

This thread is toxic.

Like wow.

I feel bad that you people don’t have universal health care. Hopefully this pandemic doesn’t get worse for you. As America needs to be strong in a world of chaos and a rising China.

Paying people a liveable wage shouldn’t be a left or right issue.

Greed is the issue. That’s what I’m ending on. Fat cats are lefties and righties. There is more in common with both sides than you think.

At the end of the day poor people and working people always get fucked.

Fuck Bezos.

I agree man...the absurdity of this thread is that a lot of people here think they’re geniuses...but the reality is this thread is filled with people with deep southern roots who deeply hate Democrats and ‘big government.’ They hate it while they support massive deficits and regurgitate conservative talking points and conservative economic theory. They talk about theory like they’re facts. They talk about propaganda like facts. They talk about opinions like they’re facts.

An economic theory which by the way encourages labor to be treated like disposable paper plates...  used and discarded, and furthermore it’s believed labor should be grateful for this paradigm.

But everything said here is an opinion....nothing more. Any time anyone tells you to get informed and beats their arrogant chests, they’re just spitting out ‘Yay America’ propaganda. That’s all i see it as...grown adults that need to be told how great their country because they exist in it. It’s like reading fairy tales to kids.

Same thing with healthcare...look how RF talks about American doctors and can’t help but throw in ‘world class.’ Everything here is the best just because it exists here.

Don’t get me wrong...there are many great things about America...but i do not have to pretend the bad parts don’t exist to get by.

This thread is not a fair sample size and does not accurately reflect our country as a whole.

This is post is Mitch talking about himself. And exposing his southern bigotry.

I've talked about wanting a public option with Medicaid, expanding the safety net, allowing folks to get a supplemental Medicaid insurance. I think the poor workforce should get an unemployment supplemental income. I think the rich should pay more in taxes, but not half their wealth. You're the only one championing theory based proposals, no one else.

I honestly think Mitch is just trolling now.

PaSnow
 Rep: 201 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

I don't think this pandemic 'helps' Joe Biden in the least, but it's a good ad. I'd prefer he step down and if this resolves Cuomo take the nod.


That aside, this ad needs to be seen. We were not prepared for this & we should have been. We've known about this since New Years Day.


buzzsaw
 Rep: 431 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I don't think this pandemic 'helps' Joe Biden in the least, but it's a good ad. I'd prefer he step down and if this resolves Cuomo take the nod.


That aside, this ad needs to be seen. We were not prepared for this & we should have been. We've known about this since New Years Day.


[/embed]

Cuomo said give NY everything you have for this and we'll share it when we're done.  Zero chance that is positively received anywhere outside of NY.  Zero.

PaSnow
 Rep: 201 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

In 3 weeks, nearly every other state will be saying the same thing.  Heck Mississipi & Missouri's Govs are deniers, keeping their states open. Shit'll hit the fan real quick.


FWIW, sad. This one cuts deep:

A record 3.28 million Americans filed new claims for unemployment insurance last week.
The most ever in a single week. Quadruple the previous record in 1982. Double what economists expected.

PaSnow
 Rep: 201 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Personally, I think all this money should go to unemployment & people out of work. Restaurants & retail won't reopen anytime soon, and even when they do it won't be the same. Myb a bounce at first to support them, but people will be cautious & avoid mass interaction, especially if it lingers in the warm season which it seems it does. Next winters going to be fearful.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 119 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

I agree man...the absurdity of this thread is that a lot of people here think they’re geniuses...but the reality is this thread is filled with people with deep southern roots who deeply hate Democrats and ‘big government.’

What the hell are you talking about.  I think only ID and SG are in the south.  You could just as easily flip your narrtative as this thread is filled with people with big urban roots removed from reality and the rest of the world, who deeply hate America and want no consequences for personal action.  See how stupid that sounds?  Virtually everyone here save you, supported the Senate's bill - the largest spending bill in American history.  Kind of shoots your whole "big government" claim in the foot, but when did being wrong, deceitful and despicable stop you from shitting over this place?

mitchejw wrote:

They hate it while they support massive deficits and regurgitate conservative talking points and conservative economic theory. They talk about theory like they’re facts. They talk about propaganda like facts. They talk about opinions like they’re facts.

What conservative talking points.  Can you be specific and stay on topic for once, or will you just create strawman arguments that talk about the weather on Jupiter as if that somehow has any bearing on whatever topic you have a bug up your ass today.  (My personal favorite is when you gave us some sob story about your brother in the early 90s as evidence for Obamacare working)

mitchejw wrote:

An economic theory which by the way encourages labor to be treated like disposable paper plates...  used and discarded, and furthermore it’s believed labor should be grateful for this paradigm.

I'm sure you haven't read a single book on economics, but quoting Marx (whom I'm also sure you haven't read) isn't a good start.

mitchejw wrote:

But everything said here is an opinion....nothing more. Any time anyone tells you to get informed and beats their arrogant chests, they’re just spitting out ‘Yay America’ propaganda. That’s all i see it as...grown adults that need to be told how great their country because they exist in it. It’s like reading fairy tales to kids.

A lot of things are opinion, Mitch.  Like saying "I prefer medicare for all over private insurance" is an opinion.  Denying that Pelosi wanted a bunch of pork in the stimulus (that was cut thank god) and parroting "fake news" isn't an opinion, it's being objectively wrong.  It's my opinion you're not very informed.  It's my opinion that someone who repeatedly uses racial slurs, even to attempt to deflect said terms on to others, is a low life, piece of shit move used by people with limited mental faculties.  It's my opinion that someone who gets banned, then cries that their livelihood was threatened when someone said "How would your customers like to know all the racial slurs and attacks against the military you make in your private life" as some kind of attempt to silence you, rather than get you to quit being a bigot and assess if you genuinely mean these things, lacks any notion of self awareness.  You have no problem using your workers as pawns to pass your Sanders utopia, and I wonder how your employees would feel about your comments on them deserving this virus.  Hell, I wonder how your wife would feel if she found out you were on the internet telling people they (and your family) deserved this.  No one is going to "out" you, but you have to ask why you were so terrified of people finding out your actual comments and thoughts.  Is it because you know they're terrible and any normal person wouldn't want to associate with someone who said such things?  You'll play a victim, but assholes run the risk of being called an asshole. 

mitchejw wrote:

Same thing with healthcare...look how RF talks about American doctors and can’t help but throw in ‘world class.’ Everything here is the best just because it exists here.

America does have some of the best hospitals in the world.  I work for one.  Again, this isn't an opinion.  You can look at objective ratings of medical care, and identify whom is in the world best and who isn't.  You don't get to call shit an opinion because you're too stupid, uninformed, or deranged to look up objective material.  Saying "My doctor is the best in the world" can be written off as hyperbole, but saying "America has world class medical facilities" isn't.  More to the point  "THERE IS NO FUCKING TREATMENT FOR COVID!!!!!!!"  America is #2 in the world in handling COVID, and is probably #1.  I know this because you can look at the daily tracker of deaths related to COVID, and we're only slightly behind Germany.  Germany is testing many more people, so their relative mortality rate to identified sick is obviously going to be lower.  So despite that disparity in testing, the US is still only slightly behind them.  If you increase the model for probable sick in the US, we're #1.  This isn't opinion, it's hard fucking facts.  No one is going "rah rah America!".  You are just so self loathing you get gratification in self deprecation vis-a-vis your status as an American citizen. Just because you're unaware of something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 

mitchejw wrote:

Don’t get me wrong...there are many great things about America...but i do not have to pretend the bad parts don’t exist to get by.

This thread is not a fair sample size and does not accurately reflect our country as a whole.

You're absolutely right.  Your opinions are on the extreme and aren't shared by a plurality of Americans.  As poll after poll has shown.  Most Americans don't repeatedly scream the N word on a GN'R forum, celebrate the covid pandemic, mock a veteran for an injury they sustained in Iraq, and just behave like a douchebag.

Notice not once did I say anything that was fabricated or implied as you're want to do. Just stayed everything you have actually said/done in the comments here.  You should try it.  We all know you don't, because without manufacturing arguments for you to get mad at, you'd be in the GN'R section with the other fanboys arguing over who would be a better best friend to Axl.

Oh, and as someone who has traveled the country and globe far more than you ever will, I'll take Nashville or Huntsville any day over Chicago.  But sorry boys, Memphis and Birmingham suck.  lol

buzzsaw
 Rep: 431 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

In 3 weeks, nearly every other state will be saying the same thing.  Heck Mississipi & Missouri's Govs are deniers, keeping their states open. Shit'll hit the fan real quick.

Yes, they would say the same thing in 3 weeks, but NY would still be using it all and would not be giving it up even if they weren't using it just in case they needed it back...thus he would fall flat on his face anywhere but NY.  You don't get everything just because you're first and everyone else be damned. 

"Give us everything now...we'll share later, we promise!!!" - Cuomo

"Fuck off NY" - the rest of the country

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB