You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The man resisted arrest after counterfeiting money. That’s why he died according to the coroner’s report. He wasn’t killed through asphyxiation or strangulation through the cop applying his knee.  Ergo, a black man wasn’t killed by a white cop.

That in no way justifies the use of force.

The report says a combination of restraint, underlying health conditions and “possible” intoxicants killed him. If you take out the “restraint”, he’s still alive.

So I think, yeah, a black man was killed by a white cop.

Don’t resist arrest, and he’d be alive. But as I stated originally, adjudicate the police officer to the full extent of the law. That doesn’t justify or support riots. Sounds to me like an idiot picked a fight with cops, and his actions directly led to his death. Police will never not restrain someone who doesn’t want to be arrested. What the autopsy made clear is that the knee on his upper torso didn’t kill him, which is the entire narrative.

But as people looted stores and set fire to police vehicles in Pittsburgh, they chanted “hands up, don’t shoot”. The bullshit narrative Obama’s DOJ dispelled. But the uninformed and opportunists still feel that phrase was rooted in reality.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Do we know he resisted? Genuinely asking. All the video I’ve seen shows none, even in the time before he’s on the ground.

At any rate, that type of force is unacceptable and inhuman.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Do we know he resisted? Genuinely asking. All the video I’ve seen shows none, even in the time before he’s on the ground.

At any rate, that type of force is unacceptable and inhuman.

I didn't see any evidence that he resisted...it almost looks like whatever was effecting him...whether he was drunk or for some bizarre reason was already in cardiac arrest and at times was unable to comply.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The man resisted arrest after counterfeiting money. That’s why he died according to the coroner’s report. He wasn’t killed through asphyxiation or strangulation through the cop applying his knee.  Ergo, a black man wasn’t killed by a white cop.

That in no way justifies the use of force. But as untold morons are setting police cars on fire, looting stores, and harming people in nearly every major American city,  all under the guise of police brutality, knowing the facts rather than the bogus #BLM narrative. The man died because he resisted arrest, and his drug use and poor health. The same thing happened with Freddie Grey. Morons think they can resist arrest, struggle, then die in said struggle from a heart attack due to poor health and chronic drug use. Neither were “murdered” by police, let alone murdered in cold blood serving as a symbol for the riots (not protests) that followed.

Adjudicate the police officer to the full extent of the law. But criminals being allowed to resist arrest isn’t ok. It’s the real problem. More white people are shot by police than blacks, despite their demographic accounting for half of violent felonies with only 12% population. And no one can say that police are harming anyone, specifically a black man in today’s America, without intense scrutiny. 

But my point is not that the basis for the riots was all based on false information. But that even if it weren’t, it doesn’t warrant the destruction of urban America. They’re trying to storm the White House for fucks sakes. What do you think happens if they climb the fence? After the first 50 get waxed, the rest will scatter like rats.

This behavior is far more damaging and threatening to the social fabric. The facts that it’s based on a narrative not connected to reality makes it that much worse. It’s an ignorant, violent mob. And fuck anybody that supports it.

I don't usually weigh in on these things but this post - wow. You are the first person I have heard who has defended this shameful, disgraceful act. Truly disturbing that there are people out there who hold these views, but not wholly surprising. The world is watching - horrified, appalled - but sadly, not surprised.

Are you fucking retarded. Where did I support the cop?  I’m talking about the rioters killing people and burning shit down. Black people don’t get to resist arrest and fight police. If they didn’t, they wouldn’t be on the news. Statistics don’t support your narrative.

What’s disgusting is supporting violent rioters who are destroying the livelihoods of people who had nothing to do with the death of Floyd. You can oppose corrupt police and condemn violent opportunists. You can condemn unwarranted force in arrests and also condemn a culture that feels empowered to break the law, then Refuse arrest.

You don’t get to support looters and rioters who have killed many times than what is alleged in Minneapolis. When the Somali cop shot the Australian women in Minneapolis last year, there weren’t riots. So are you the racist?

No need to resort to insults - that doesn't come across smart - quite the contrary. It speaks volumes nonetheless

I didn't say you supported the cop? Nor did I support violent looting of communities. At no point did I actually state that I believe you're a racist.

Your interpretation that the real issue at hand is not cops killing African Americans nor the systemic racism and racial profiling towards African Americans, no the key issue is that they need to stop resisting arrest - that's what I find disturbing and voiced a contrary opinion toward.

Anyway's, I'm not going to try and change the mind of someone like you and debate your views - that would be ludicrous and futile.
Like I said I don't usually weigh in on these topics because I find it is pointless debating as if you can change someones mind  - was just genuinely shocked and surprised at the thinking, which I shouldn't at all be.

Bye

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

After spending the past few days really, really thinking about this...I don't think this is ending any time soon. The oversimplification or denial about what is happening and why it's happening, along with the fact that neither side really understands each other means this is not ending any time soon.

I'm also of the belief that if the federal government continued its stimulus program and relieving the stress that so many were and are feeling right now may have helped some. However, that would not have directly addressed this issue...this is a race issue wrapped in a socioeconomic one.

We have record unemployment right now and Trump and the federal republicans are leveraging people back to shit paying jobs during a pandemic. Ruthless and aggressive policies are being employed economically to force people back to work during a pandemic. How long can this country treat its labor like utter garbage? Why are they so disposable?

We have two gigantic failures going on at once.

Boy am I glad I paid my employees every dime they would've expected now.

I see the LA Lakers getting millions in PPP loans and labor gets $1,200 an a swift kick in the butt back to work.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

George Floyd didn't resist. I didn't know this, but Giuliani pointed out that a knee to the neck is strictly prohibited, and he was rocking back and forth to create even more distress, which is why he'd have gone for 1st degree murder charges.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

George Floyd didn't resist. I didn't know this, but Giuliani pointed out that a knee to the neck is strictly prohibited, and he was rocking back and forth to create even more distress, which is why he'd have gone for 1st degree murder charges.

You’re correct. I’ve been away for the past 3 days and didn’t have steady access to internet. Now that I’ve reviewed the videos, at no point do I see George Floyd resist. As far as I can tell, and we need to see the police body cameras, at no point did he do anything that warranted that type of restraint, and to allow him to continue the restrain for minutes after he lost consciousness is unfathomable.

I stand corrected. And am shocked the police would put that narrative forward with the known footage available.

None of this justifies the violence that has occurred the past 2 days. But those officers should all be charged as accomplices for 2nd degree murder.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Thought you had completely lost the plot altogether with that.

Now you have seen the videos it may help explain my aggressive attitude towards your initial position. Those three officers need to be arrested yesterday.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Trump just declared antifa a terrorist organization...he’s gonna just keep escalating isn’t he?

Keep pushing...see what happens

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Trump just declared antifa a terrorist organization...he’s gonna just keep escalating isn’t he?

Keep pushing...see what happens

Twitter just shut down several Antifa accounts for coordinating attacks and encouraging violence, including robbing homes. Dude, they set fire to an apartment complex, tried to prevent anyone from putting out the fire that nearly burned a child alive.

Antifa is majority privileged white kids. Fuck them.

Board footer