You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: NFL 2019

James wrote:

which led them to the #1 pick where they had the choice between Bledsoe and Rick Mirer.  I think they made the right pick

I'm not too sure about that. Yes Mirer was a bust but I think that has a lot to do with which team drafted him. It was a shit situation for him all around. It was obvious real  quick that things weren't going to happen for him.

You mentioning him makes me want to watch some of those old ND games.

They were robbed of the national title. They would've laid waste to Alabama or Miami.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Brady's brand is embarrassing snake oil but the guy was in the Super Bowl a minute ago.

Throwing him under the bus already?

Trash.

Brady stopped showing up to OTA’s since 2017. And what bus? A big part of the rift with Bill was his Snake Oil trainer. What made the Brady/BB marriage so special was the team first attitude. Brady gave that up, then bitched about receivers he couldn’t be bothered to work with in the offseason. Those are facts. We still love Brady here, many are rooting more for the Bucs than the pats, but Bill is the guy who won 3 Super Bowls with a guy who was Tom Brady before he was “Tom Brady.”

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Not to take anything away from Brady.....but to this day I still say any QB would've took that 2001-02 team to the SB.

That team was verging on a machine.

They reminded me a bit of the 98-99 Broncos. Elway gets all the credit without people realizing if Elway goes down, Bubby Brister takes em all the way. If Bubby goes down, Griese does it.

That team only required a game manager. Same with Dilfer and the Ravens.

Edit

I know this is sacrilege but I'd say the same thing about the 1987-88 49ers. When Montana went down for a few weeks, they miraculously IMPROVED with Young. When Montana came back, various coaches told their players to take it easy on Montana. Don't want that guy in the game who on any down can either hand it to Craig for a 20 yard run, throw a bomb to Rice or Taylor, or simply run it in for a 50 yard TD.

Holy shit was that an amazing team.  I hated em.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

5 seconds, whos winning the Super Bowl?

I'm saying Titans.  (bit of a long shot)

Rocky
 Rep: -7 

Rocky wrote:

Baltimore or Kansas City

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Baltimore or Kansas City

Parlay bet, weak 16

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Kansas City has to be clear head and shoulders favorite....

If I had to bet with my heart I would say I’d like to see Dallas make it:...dunno why but i really like their team composition.

I will say this, NFL football is exactly the distraction I’ve been craving for months.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Chiefs looked ready to defend their title last night. They’re going to be a tough out. I don’t think Houston is a threat to them though so I’m not sure how much you can really take away from that game. Let’s see when they go up against a legit good defense.

Interested to see how Clowney meshes with the Titans. Can he take that defense to another level? They showed great fight in the playoffs last season, but that doesn’t always carry over to the next season. I think it will, but it’s certainly no guarantee.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I don't view Clowney as much of a difference maker. Makes some sacks & stops now & then, I wouldn't say he takes plays off, but I don't think he dominates like some of the greats do. Again, he'll give you 10-12 sacks a season or whatever, but he's just iso out there, him then 10 seperate people on a team.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

THEM JAGUARS

Board footer