You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Is this how it works?

1) black person killed by police.

2) rush to google and look up criminal record

3) breath sigh of relief

4) use any type of criminal history no matter how small or big to justify shoot to kill

Luckily we have a system that virtually ensures a poor person almost always has some sort of criminal record.

you're absolutely right mitch.  Our system made these men rape women and rob pregnant women at gun point.  It made Blake come back to his victim, it made Blake fight with police, and it made Blake go for a knife when a cop had a fucking gun to his back.  I never saw it before, but you've opened my eyes.

You’ll justify it no matter what.

White kid in Kenosha casually kills two people. Walks by police casually and drives back to Illinois.

Black person does the same thing and he’d have 50 bullets in him.

He didn't casually shoot two people, he was shot at, attacked, fired, ran and shot a guy literally holding a gun on him. He was a dolt, but these cases are nowhere near the same, man.

I'm not picking on you, I know you're passionate, but you can't get sucked into false narratives. You recognize the same black attorney representing these families? He's the one spreading false narratives from Michael Brown to Jacob Blake. And he's making MILLIONS doing so, while being as happy as pig in shit at the riots he causes. Pure Sharpton.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

MisterID to clarify, he didny say he casually shkt 2 people, he said he shot 2 people ghe casually walked by police. Which is true, he was also strapped with a ar15 and people were yelling "Thats him right there. Thats hum"

misterID

misterID wrote:

He said he casually killed two people.

And he's walking by in the middle of the riot as the cops are DRIVING/RESPONDING to the scene.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

He said he casually killed two people.

And he's walking by in the middle of the riot as the cops are DRIVING/RESPONDING to the scene.

You're right. I was on my phone atm & at the time skimmed and read it only on the second instance.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

you're absolutely right mitch.  Our system made these men rape women and rob pregnant women at gun point.  It made Blake come back to his victim, it made Blake fight with police, and it made Blake go for a knife when a cop had a fucking gun to his back.  I never saw it before, but you've opened my eyes.

You’ll justify it no matter what.

White kid in Kenosha casually kills two people. Walks by police casually and drives back to Illinois.

Black person does the same thing and he’d have 50 bullets in him.

He didn't casually shoot two people, he was shot at, attacked, fired, ran and shot a guy literally holding a gun on him. He was a dolt, but these cases are nowhere near the same, man.

I'm not picking on you, I know you're passionate, but you can't get sucked into false narratives. You recognize the same black attorney representing these families? He's the one spreading false narratives from Michael Brown to Jacob Blake. And he's making MILLIONS doing so, while being as happy as pig in shit at the riots he causes. Pure Sharpton.

He’s receiving standing ovations in court...something is really wrong here.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Blake is getting support from movie stars, sports stars, politicians, and a potential VP of the United States visited him and said she was proud of him! Maybe Rittenhouse should have tried kidnapping three children on top of violating a restraining order against him from his rape victim?

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Blake was supposedly getting a knife, shot 7 times in the back, killed noone. Raping, robbing is not cause to open fire, but admittedly if/when he tried to get a knife gunfire was then justified and only then.
Rittenhouse kills 2 people, cops watch him wondering around still armed and do nowt.

I mean if you cant see it then you can't see it.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Dude, I just said the two cases are not comparable, I've said Rittenhouse had no business being there, but self defense is a lot different than attempting to kidnap three kids, whilst defying a cops orders who has a gun pointed at you, and then you reach for a knife.

And this kid called the cops after he shot those guys and was attempting to turn himself in, but the cops were driving/responding to his call. They weren't ignoring him, they were trying to get to the scene.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This is unbelievable. People protesting for police to be defunded are suing because the police didn't help them....

SEATTLE — At least 11 plaintiffs on Friday filed a civil lawsuit in King County Superior Court, accusing Seattle and Washington state officials from failing to provide adequate protection for them from out of control drivers or police officers while they were demonstrating.

Attorneys say it could end up being 60 plaintiffs once a legal waiting period expires in two months.

Speaking under overcast skies at Jimi Hendrix Park and echoing the allegations contained in the civil lawsuit, several dozen people announced the lawsuit while going into detail how they were targeted by Seattle police during the protests that flared in the city last summer following the death of George Floyd by four Minneapolis police officers.

"This lawsuit is brought on behalf of peaceful protesters," said Karen, one of the event organizers. "These protesters did not attack the police. They did not commit violence. They did not loot. They are like 99 percent of the protesters who have tried to protest on behalf of Black Lives Matter. Their peaceful protests were met with the very thing they are protesting against: They were met by excessive force from the police.

The 100-page lawsuit includes the family of Summer Taylor, who was killed in the overnight hours of July 4 while protesting police brutality on a closed stretch of Interstate 5 when a white Jaguar sped around parked cars on the freeway, striking Taylor and another protester.

“I don't have many good days anymore” Summer’s father, Matt Taylor, told KOMO News following the announcement about the lawsuit. Taylor's family said the victim had lived on Capitol Hill and was a regular protest participant since the unrest began in Seattle in June.

Matt Taylor said the Washington State Patrol troopers failed to protect protesters who where on I-5 that night. The lawsuit says the state has a history of allowing I-5 lanes to be temporarily shut down for people exercising their First Amendment right.

“Yes, they were not providing adequate protection” he said. “If you look at the way they behaved and the things they say, the things they say in social media, they weren't there protecting anyone, they didn't care at all.”

Daniel Gregory was shot by a man who drove his car into a crowd that was standing behind a barricade set up by Seattle police officers to prevent protesters from advancing to the department's East Precinct building.

Gregory said police should have protected demonstrators from someone driving into the crowd.

“They didn't prevent it,” he said. “I felt like they favored it to happen more than they favored for it not to happen. They had barricades (and), we had cones we set up.”

According to the filing, Gregory is also a plaintiff in the civil action.

"City and State governmental entities operating in Seattle are not above the law," the plaintiffs state in the lawsuit. "Their solemn duties include protecting and serving The People. Even when The People are critical of or peacefully disobedient towards those in power or who have law enforcement authority over them, governments are not allowed to react out of irritation or anger. Governments are not allowed to indiscriminately lash out against The People invoking their Constitutional rights to assemble and protest, even if in disharmony with other laws. Governments are not allowed to create or contribute to situations imperiling The People protesting."

Several dozen people gathered Friday to announce the filing of a wrongful death lawsuit against the city and state, alleging that neither government.

Other plaintiffs in the lawsuit include protesters who said they were beaten, struck, doused with pepper spray or tear gassed by police during protests.

One of those was a veteran of the war in Afghanistan.

“All the things that we experienced when we were deployed are literally happening here,” said Abie Ekenezar.

The plaintiffs accuse Seattle police of engaging in discrimination and brutality while the protesters were exercising their Constitutionally mandated rights to peacefully protest.

The plaintiffs accuse Seattle police of engaging in discrimination and brutality while the protesters were exercising their Constitutionally mandated rights to peacefully protest.

The lawsuit is accusing the city of violating the state's Constitution and other state and local laws.

City officials said they will challenge the lawsuit.

“We intend to investigate these alleged claims and will defend the City in this matter,” a spokesman for the Seattle City Attorney's Office said.

https://komonews.com/news/local/protest … otect-them

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Trump pays no federal taxes, uses federal government as a slush fund to subsidize failed businesses for the past 15 years.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ny-times-tru … 54920.html

Board footer