You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Current Events Thread

bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This is exactly why I said covid was a gift. Imagine:

Trump wears masks from the start, encourages his supporters to do so (they will), and directs governors to enact mask mandates.

Then, Trump speaks in a national address, basically saying: We have the finest scientific minds in the world. We’re going to follow their advice and get through this together as a nation. I am not an expert and will rely on our scientific community to guide us through these difficult months.

Then, he just goes out and campaigns using medical advice. When asked about it, he keeps to his script: I’m taking the advice of our medical and scientific communities. This is what we have to do to emerge from this with the lowest loss of life possible.

He gets stimulus packages, enacts the defense production act, creates a national testing and tracing plan.   

BOOM, DONE, he wins the election and we’re sitting in a movie theater watching the new Bond flick this weekend.

This is one of the most uninformed and stupidest posts ever made on this forum.

Totally disagree.

He’ll come back with a War and Peace length manifesto, filled with research and links and totally miss the point.

All Trump had to do was appear to be handling this and doing the best we could, and the undecideds would fall his way. That’s it. Just optics. Sure he would face opposition, but that’s to be expected.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Now i’ve got football to watch and figure out what to do with my afternoon fantasy players thanks to covid.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

Imagine if Trump just supported masks from the start? IT would have been his biggest sell against lockdowns.

Trump wears masks from the start, encourages his supporters to do so (they will), and directs governors to enact mask mandates.

Then, Trump speaks in a national address, basically saying: We have the finest scientific minds in the world. We’re going to follow their advice and get through this together as a nation. I am not an expert and will rely on our scientific community to guide us through these difficult months.

Then, he just goes out and campaigns using medical advice. When asked about it, he keeps to his script: I’m taking the advice of our medical and scientific communities. This is what we have to do to emerge from this with the lowest loss of life possible.

He gets stimulus packages, enacts the defense production act, creates a national testing and tracing plan.   

BOOM, DONE, he wins the election and we’re sitting in a movie theater watching the new Bond flick this weekend.

This is one of the most uninformed and stupidest posts ever made on this forum.

Amazing contribution to the conversation...truly...

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

These fascist and racist groups are popping up everywhere. Warms my heart how they were dealt with here. Our government is doing fuck all to get these conspiracy loons off the streets, holding large protests for anti mask, covid hoax and all the rest of their bollocks. I think we've had enough of them now and people since last week have started to police the streets themselves.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

Imagine if Trump just supported masks from the start? IT would have been his biggest sell against lockdowns.

lol, so you're basically saying he shouldve handled it like Hillary would have handled this?

I agree:)

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

NYC is starting to impose lockdowns again. If Trump had any prayer it would be more lockdowns.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

He's really sick. If he was up & around and being released tomorrow he'd have done a livestream, stepped outside, or done another photo/video.

I think he's round the clock wiped out and bedridden. By Tuesday they're gonna have to be more honest with the country. Cant keep the public in the dark.

Personally, I think it wont end well.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Agreed Bri. All he had to do was appear competent- even if the outcomes were same as they are now.

Yes there would still be partisan scrutiny and criticism - that’s the nature of politics. But he’s handled this so badly and left open goals for attacks on this.

Masks 1) work and 2) from an optics point of view are a visible sign of action being taken. Even if you think they do nothing from an optics point of view it makes more sense for him to push them. At this point though that’s a lost cause.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

It’s a stupid comment  because it’s not based in reality. States have issued mask mandates, and there’s nothing to show it was successful. We can ignore that the CDC and WHO have said it’s spread airborne and not an aerosol, which was the argument for masks. Most European nations didn’t have a mask mandate, when the uninformed cheered them on as a successful example.

The notion that Trump could have swayed anyone is just dishonest and revisionist history.  When Trump called to close the borders, Biden called him xenophobic. Pelosi advocated people congregate in San Francisco. De Blassio and Cuomo New York.

Trump had daily conferences when the pandemic started, and the media and Democratic politicians boo hooed at it.  Claiming that we could have done anything that would result in today being a return to normal is just an uninformed and ignorant comment. No one that had a clue would make that argument.

People cheering for the virus and their political enemies to die don’t get to lecture me.

The only real action you could take is a Chinese style lockdown. The riots and protests showed us how willing Democrats were to embrace this. While the media condemned people for having Memorial Day cookouts, morons destroyed stores already hurting from shutdowns. And the same media and Democratic politicians cheered them on.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

That's one hell of a take, but expexted. Don't think you'll see much support on that stance.

Board footer