You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

Progressives and even MSNBC organized a boycott of Trump's townhall, so I'm not overly surprised.

If they missed him answering that q-anon question that's a good thing for him.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

It appears that Trump and Pelosi were very close to an agreement. McConnell now refuses both Trump and the House.

You sure can't say any more that the House hasn't tried. I find it amusing that this is where McConnell draws the line. I'm kind of confused as to why...probably boils down to saving his own butt, or the majority.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Shit is going to heat up about Hunter Biden. How long will MSNBC, ABC, CNN, CBS, bury this story?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Shit is going to heat up about Hunter Biden. How long will MSNBC, ABC, CNN, CBS, bury this story?

I don't see how a Trump supporter could get outraged about Hunter Biden given what they tolerate from the Trump family.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

And?  This is a fringe idea that has a 2% chance of happening.  It would consume Biden's first 4 years and destroy any chance they had at keeping anything long term.  Democrats pushed through Obamacare and look what happened.  What do you think will happen if they employ 3rd world dictator moves?  You want to talk about a civil war, this is what will do it.  I still don't think Democrats will take the Senate, and even if they do, they won't get all 51 or 52 Senators on board to do this.  GOP states like WV would immediately recall Manchin to prevent this from happening.  This is all talk to get their base worked up. Not to mention the morons would talk about diversity and race as their reasoning, and even Sotomayor would have to strike that down as unconstitutional.

misterID

misterID wrote:

It's the endgame, and what they want to do in the interim. They could absolutely abolish the filibuster and that is the pathway to undoing the constitution. They're just comfortable saying it out loud now.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm still not feeling Schumer would go for abolishing the filibuster, but the far left is actively making power moves (they've turned on Feinstein!). You can't say it can't happen because the tea party did it to Republicans and essentially took over that party until Trump stomped them out.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

What did the Tea Party take over?  How many retarded bills has Pelosi's house passed that they wouldn't have if Democrats had the Senate?  When they know there is no chance of it becoming law, the minority party goes full retard to appeal to the base.  Yes, the tea party morons defeated Democrats in 2010 and then did.....?  Yes, AOC and the other people lucky enough to remember to breathe have some really nutty ideas.  But the idea that the country is going to swing hard left, even if the Dems take the Senate and Biden wins is not something I can see happening.  Republicans are going to be foaming at the mouth to sue every time a Democrat sneezes (just as the Democrats have the past 4 years), so the idea Biden and Congress are going to go off the deep end just isn't going to happen with the amount of stays judges will put in place.  And if they do that, Republicans will gain control again in 2-4 years.  Biden loses re-election and the new GOP reverses everything Democrats did in their power grab.  Biden keeps telling people he's going to be an American president.  Appointing transgender women to SCOTUS who openly profess their disdain of America and the constitution is a hard sell for anyone not living in a coastal metropolis. 

Ginsburg was approached in 2014 to retire.  She refused.  She owns this.

misterID

misterID wrote:

How many republicans did they push out of office? If you're honestly saying the tea party didn't take over the Republican party, I don't know what to tell you. You're assuming Biden finishes his term.

Board footer