You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Current Events Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

These mail in votes seem shady as fuck. Such a damn cluster fvck. Like they are waiting around to see how many votes they need then they just generate what they need to win.

You realize there's oversight by party members of both sides right?!   These aren't just handled by day laborers found on craigslist last week.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I fell asleep shortly after 2, but Biden has this right?  It looks like he'll get WI and MI, which ends it for Trump.  Who knows with PA, but I don't think it'll matter.  He may even take GA, which would be a bigger upset than AZ.  Not the blowout the polls predicted, and it looks like the GOP keeps the Senate.

AtariLegend wrote:

MI just turned blue for the moment. Mostly mail votes left.

Randall Flagg

Trump needs to concede tonight.  PA doesn't look like it will save him since WI and MI appear solidly blue.

As someone who's only ever voted Democrat for president, I accepted defeat last night, woke up in an awful mood, and found a glimmer of hope in a Randall Flagg post. 2020 can't be real.

Anyone who's tried to paint the team around Trump, and even Trump himself, as clueless idiots have likely done themselves a huge disservice. From trying to do away with mail-in ballots, to cutting off vote counting early, to rushing ACB onto the Supreme Court. They knew exactly how this was going to play out, and barring a political miracle, they may still get away with it. Either way.. In the next four years, no more "Russia did it all while the orange baboon sat and scratched himself" please.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

What a frustrating situation...first there are a few states that they clearly should call and they won’t ...

Trump saying he’s won already...predictably...

All the vote that’s left tend to favor Dems from urban areas. This will set up the perfect situation where trump can bitch about it.

I know that we were warned that all this could happen...trump has been setting this up for months

Randall Flagg

I don't think this is gonna get better.  GOP controls the Senate and they can stop Sanders or Warren from getting Secretary posts.  They're going to challenge every rule change the EPA and DOL try to make, and it'll be held up in the courts.  DACA will be stayed almost immediately if Biden tries to EO it back into life, and SCOTUS isn't going to side with him - that is clearly the power of Congress.  It's just going to continue to be ugly.

I want decency to return, compromise.  But I just don't see that happening.  Hopefully Biden is the President he said he'd be and isn't foolish enough to expend all his political capital on pet projects that have no chance of passing the GOP senate to appease the AOC wing of the party.  The Tea Party is dead, it's time to kill the Occupy crowd too.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

If the trends continue Dems will hold onto the Michigan senate seat bringing them to 48...i can see one more flipping to get to 49...it will come down to John Osoff in Georgia who is trailing considerably but there still a good amount of vote out there.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Total sham. Wow. Trump was right. Only way he loses is if the Dems cheat. And, they are.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:

Total sham. Wow. Trump was right. Only way he loses is if the Dems cheat. And, they are.

Sorry dude, no one is cheating.  This kind of rhetoric needs to end.  It's not over yet, but no cheating has occurred.  The polls were way off and Trump appears to be within 1% in states the experts called +10 for Biden just 36 hours ago.  But no one is cheating and that kind of talk is dangerous.

Board footer