You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

There is zero chance Trump changes the election results. There's zero chance he proves any significant voter fraud. It's over, concede, go start your media company.

But if another network bitches about him challenging this, or talks about how disgraceful, dangerous and wrong it is to claim fraud or the election was stolen from him, yet put on Stacy Abrams and her bullshit (who still hasn't conceded!), cheered on Maxine Waters for encouraging harassment of political opponents, glorified actual violence in the streets over a President, they can just get all the way fucked.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This says it all. There have always been parts of the GOP platform, philosophy and agenda that I agreed with. When I lived in Indiana, voting for Richard Lugar was a proud moment for Hoosiers across the board. Now, just fuck 'em all. They are playing with fire.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think saying he has the right to challenge the results in court is different than saying it was stolen. Mitch had a good night, Republicans had a good night. They picked up seats in Congress, they most likely held the senate, flipped state houses including seats in California, which they haven't done since 1998. I'd say losing Trump is seen as a good thing -- privately.

The best thing for them to do is just get through the next two months as easily as possible. Why would you go to war with Trump and his crowd now? Just wait it out.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I called this weeks ago, but here it is:

Not that it matters because Dems won’t get both seats in GA to make Harris a tie breaker, but anyone’s hopes of packing the court just went away.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I don't really think Biden wanted to, but saying so held him no benefit at the time.

This would be the SCOTUS turn that really sets Trump off.

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

There is zero chance Trump changes the election results. There's zero chance he proves any significant voter fraud. It's over, concede, go start your media company.

But if another network bitches about him challenging this, or talks about how disgraceful, dangerous and wrong it is to claim fraud or the election was stolen from him, yet put on Stacy Abrams and her bullshit (who still hasn't conceded!), cheered on Maxine Waters for encouraging harassment of political opponents, glorified actual violence in the streets over a President, they can just get all the way fucked.

I agree!!!!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trudeau-look … 53092.html

Wait a second, isn't this a violation of the Logan Act!  Come guys, stay consistent.  Let your accusations of treason fly!  big_smile

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I called this weeks ago, but here it is:

Not that it matters because Dems won’t get both seats in GA to make Harris a tie breaker, but anyone’s hopes of packing the court just went away.

Biden would’ve lost if he endorsed this...

But some measure of revenge felt warranted for the lunacy of the bizarre precedent McConnell set and broke within just a few years.

Biden has a chance to assuage this exploitation of rules...maybe he could reassert pre-Obama rules that seem to keep people more at ease.

I get frustrated with Dems always being the ones to turn the other cheek. Mitch McConnell will be senate majority leader long after he’s dead at this rate.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Don’t rule out Trump. The DOJ is involved now. Bill already did one letter impeachment. What will Barr do for this?

Every lower court who received a filing so far has thrown it out without even hearing it. So there's that.

Dude the attorney general can by pass all that shit if he has something. This isn’t some detective with the Pittsburgh PD, this is the AG.

You’re really exposing your inner Conspiracy theorist with this crap....

The American people fired trump. That’s all there is to it.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I’m convinced trump is going to make this as painful as possible

Board footer