You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Hard to believe these folk are real people. They remind me of characters from a badly acted pantomime. I cringe every time they say something.
Embarrassing.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I don't get it. He's gotta have a deal with Newsmax. If he's concerned about criminal charges why wouldn't he just step down and pence pardon him?  Pretty sure Ford did that to nixon. Although, I heard there was never a ruling on if a President can pardon someone prior to being charged or sentenced (blanket pardon, per se). Then said in the 70s everyone just wanted to move on from Watergate, plus the oil crisis was going on so the public moved on from it.

So, depending on what skeletons are in his closet, there may be a fear that a president cannot 'blanket pardon' people.  Otherwise its just giving content for Newsmax & OAN on the day to day.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

This here is yet another exemplery reason why I think Donald Trump is the plague of the country. He should've never been president. He shouldn't have be taken seriously in an capacity.

Look at what he's done...look at what he's doing...he doesn't care about the constitution...just because the courts strike him down a lot doesn't mean that he hasn't intentionally mislead people. If he could...he'd take down all the branches of government. I'm sure he's explored it.

You can point your finger at me and say I'm unhinged...but what you are continuously seeing is a shattering of any norms and rules we've all agreed to repeatedly for the benefit of one ass hole. It's embarrassing and I have lost such a great deal of faith in the American people.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

This is unbelievable....and disgusting...he's intimidating people

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

This here is yet another exemplery reason why I think Donald Trump is the plague of the country. He should've never been president. He shouldn't have be taken seriously in an capacity.

Look at what he's done...look at what he's doing...he doesn't care about the constitution...just because the courts strike him down a lot doesn't mean that he hasn't intentionally mislead people. If he could...he'd take down all the branches of government. I'm sure he's explored it.

You can point your finger at me and say I'm unhinged...but what you are continuously seeing is a shattering of any norms and rules we've all agreed to repeatedly for the benefit of one ass hole. It's embarrassing and I have lost such a great deal of faith in the American people.

You're acting unhinged. I'm an Obama guy, but look back at his scandals (using the U.S. Government to spy on the media who gave him bad press, using the IRS against political rivals, and yeah, using intelligence on a campaign, killing US citizen with a drone strike, selling weapons to cartels, illegally spying on Americans, etc.,) Show me a president who didn't abuse power in some way. In reality, Trump is embarrassing, nowhere near a tyrant. Like it or not, its his right to challenge the results.

When it's time to go, the secret service will put him on a helicopter and send him off the white house grounds to Florida. Nothing will stop that. No law enforcement or military will commit treason to try and stop it. He will leave office, period. It's over. There's no reason to get bent out of shape.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

You actually believe that Trump isn't leaving the presidency?

I believe he’s capable of anything...and the nastier the the more likely it becomes...

Just because he’s not in the whitehouse doesn’t mean he’s not going to keep up the charade...

What are you going to do when he sets up a podium in trump tower that says president....are you going to be bothered then?

I'm going to ignore him.

After January 20th, he can play pretend president til the cows come home and it won't mean shit as long as you and millions of others along with CNN and MSNBC stop the 24/7 obsession.

At some point, liberals have to realize that they are the ones feeding the narcissistic monster.

Want him to go away? On January 20th at noon, stop thinking about him and stop talking about him. If the news outlets you watch/read can't stop the obsession, boycott them.

It's really that simple.

What’s it going to take for you to admonish this shit?

What the fuck are you talking about? I've wanted Trump world to end for four years. Hell...shit I predicted about this clown back then (the world's 24/7 obsession, no difference between scandals big or small) wound up coming true.

I loathe Biden, he's not fit for such a job but I held my nose and voted for him just to end this godforsaken nightmare...much of which was the media's creation.

Just because I'm not admonishing him every hour on the hour doesn't mean I'm a Trump loving fascist during the day and the Grand Wizard of the KKK by night.

He lost. Period. When Biden is inaugurated, if Trump doesn't leave he will be physically removed. If god forbid there's election shenanigans and the presidency is up in the air, Pelosi will be president til it's sorted out.

All of this " Trump is becoming Hitler and will be prez for life" is just Trump obsessed fan fiction.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

President Pelosi. God forbid.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You're acting unhinged. I'm an Obama guy, but look back at his scandals (using the U.S. Government to spy on the media who gave him bad press, using the IRS against political rivals, and yeah, using intelligence on a campaign, killing US citizen with a drone strike, selling weapons to cartels, illegally spying on Americans, etc.,) Show me a president who didn't abuse power in some way. In reality, Trump is embarrassing, nowhere near a tyrant. Like it or not, its his right to challenge the results.

When it's time to go, the secret service will put him on a helicopter and send him off the white house grounds to Florida. Nothing will stop that. No law enforcement or military will commit treason to try and stop it. He will leave office, period. It's over. There's no reason to get bent out of shape.

You are minimizing this...when 10s of millions go off on their tangent with Trump you’ll still shrug.

It’s not just a matter of him being ushered out by secret service. It’s the huge group of people he’s taking with him into an alternate facts universe.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

You actually believe that Trump isn't leaving the presidency?

I believe he’s capable of anything...and the nastier the the more likely it becomes...

Just because he’s not in the whitehouse doesn’t mean he’s not going to keep up the charade...

What are you going to do when he sets up a podium in trump tower that says president....are you going to be bothered then?

I'm going to ignore him.

After January 20th, he can play pretend president til the cows come home and it won't mean shit as long as you and millions of others along with CNN and MSNBC stop the 24/7 obsession.

At some point, liberals have to realize that they are the ones feeding the narcissistic monster.

Want him to go away? On January 20th at noon, stop thinking about him and stop talking about him. If the news outlets you watch/read can't stop the obsession, boycott them.

It's really that simple.

What’s it going to take for you to admonish this shit?

What the fuck are you talking about? I've wanted Trump world to end for four years. Hell...shit I predicted about this clown back then (the world's 24/7 obsession, no difference between scandals big or small) wound up coming true.

I loathe Biden, he's not fit for such a job but I held my nose and voted for him just to end this godforsaken nightmare...much of which was the media's creation.

Just because I'm not admonishing him every hour on the hour doesn't mean I'm a Trump loving fascist during the day and the Grand Wizard of the KKK by night.

He lost. Period. When Biden is inaugurated, if Trump doesn't leave he will be physically removed. If god forbid there's election shenanigans and the presidency is up in the air, Pelosi will be president til it's sorted out.

All of this " Trump is becoming Hitler and will be prez for life" is just Trump obsessed fan fiction.

You’re going to ignore someone who is going to play pretend president to 10s of millions of people?

If trump has to be physically removed, it does great damage and sets a precedent for non-peaceful transfers of power.

The trump administration and colleagues were actually riddled with criminals. They did this all to Bill Clinton in a different time.

This isn’t new or unique to Trump...this type of attention isn’t new.

I’m not calling Trump Hitler but i still think he’s set countless dangerous precedents.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You are minimizing this...when 10s of millions go off on their tangent with Trump you’ll still shrug.

It’s not just a matter of him being ushered out by secret service. It’s the huge group of people he’s taking with him into an alternate facts universe.

Mark my words..... Trump's haters will make a much bigger deal out of a post presidency Trump than his supporters.

His supporters are dwindling by the day. People are moving on. Fox News is already slowly distancing themselves from Trump world. They're willing to lose out on ratings in the short term (ratings down 40% since the election) to transition to a post Trump world.

I think we're going to see something a bit similar but on a larger scale obviously to the Glen Beck craze of the 2010s. That dude got insane ratings. His haters claimed they wanted him to disappear yet they were responsible for a huge percentage of his ratings.

Had his haters stopped watching what they supposedly loathed, he would've been cancelled due to low ratings and you never would've heard from him again.

Limbaugh has a similar type fan base.

This so called "alternate facts universe" is a monster created by both sides with the media fueling it.

Social media outlets have morphed into black hole echo chambers. So have our news outlets.

Don't believe climate change is real? You can find articles supporting your stance and an echo chamber of morons to allow you to reinforce and double down on your idiocy.

Do you want to loot and burn down cities because cops killed a black convicted rapist and do this in the name of civil rights? You're in luck. Several echo chambers salivating to suck you into their event horizon.

Do you believe women have penises and there's a thousand genders? Once again...you're in luck. You can read articles supporting this insanity and echo chambers to cheer it on while calling anyone who disagrees anti-science Nazis.

Do you believe that the earth is flat? There's plenty of 5th grade dropouts ready to hear you pontificate.

Want to go protest illegals being detained while their kids are in cages and burn Trump flags? Great! It'll be tailor-made to your liking as the echo chamber will memory hole the fact Obama actually started this mess.

Once we've exited Trump world, it's time to start tackling these issues which are negatively impacting our society.

A few things...

Both sides have to destroy their extremism. Can't piss and moan about one. If you only care about one, you're disingenuous and part of the problem.

Something has to be done regarding social media's dominating role in our culture.

Our education system needs an overhaul of some sort.

Hyper-partisan trench warfare has to be abandoned. If left unchecked, it's going to destroy us.

Start voting out these career politicians (yes, on both sides) who are mega rich and clearly care nothing about the American people.

This could be achieved in only two election cycles.

Trump is not the disease. He was/is a symptom of our culture rot and general decline of the West.

It's time to actually treat the disease and put this country on the right path as we head into the 2020s.

If people are unable to learn a lesson from the Trump era, another Trump figure is going to rise on the world stage. The difference is going to be the fact this one will have a brain and will not surround himself with imbeciles.

Board footer