You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ericlawson2001
 Rep: 0 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

Anyone got a stadia, what's the quality like?

Yeah, It's cool. In my opinion it's quite okay to play on. I have been playing for one month and then I had some other tasks and I have discontinued. Overall it's fine.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Check out civilization vi

Is Civ 6 better than 5? I still have 3 in the house, 4/5 on steam from years ago.

With 5 the end game just always got tedious. Is 6 any different?

Civ 6 is fun. But, I find with all civ games the ending just isn’t good / fun. Future tech blows.

Also, Bethesda thing is huge on Microsoft’s part.

Problem with the PS5 is I haven’t seen or heard of any 1st party games or actual exclusives to get psyched for. Yeah cool new graphics and stuff. It kind of feels pointless to buy like the new Tony Hawk remaster game when clearly it is going to be ported to the new PS5 or any PS4 games right now.

My sister got me a Nintendo Switch so I could play with my niece during quarantine, and I’m like a big fan of the a Big N again. There are some solid games on the console. Also, love that the pro controller’s battery lasts a long time and that it is made in Germany (the West instead of as usual China).

Haven’t bought an X box since the original. But this Bethesda could do the trick.

I dig Sony but, cross platform crap doesn’t do It for me.

I’ll take the less superior graphic Nintendo Switch any day. Then going back to cartridges works so well, and is full circle.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Not feeling the hype for these new consoles personally. Probably will pick one up in a couple of years, but meh so far.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I want a ps5 but  i cant be bothered to monitor internet and call stores every day to locate one...plus I'm not about to wait in line or in a packed shop during a global pandemic

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm really interested in Cyberpunk 2077 and Elden Ring. Not sure if I should just wait until I get a new console, I'm a lot like Neemo and Irish, not really enthused to go out and buy one right away.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Speaking of Civ.....

I have this weird thing with Civ where I used to really enjoy the simplified dumb down Civ Revolutions version they had on ps3.

I've seen proper civ people say it's too simple, but I found it was a good mix for casual gaming - I found Civ 6 on Ps4 to be kinda more work than fun in a way. It sorta felt like I had to do all these chores all the time within the game. Not sure if that was just me. hahaha.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I still dont know wtf i am doing in CIV6 lol

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Recently finished Assassin's Creed Origins...didn't really care for it all that much...was kinda of disjointed and not a very good story imho

Started on Assassin's Creed Odyssey...not sure yet...story seems a little better i guess

I put it aside for now tho because i picked up a used copy of Starwars Jedi Fallen Order

It's weird going back to solo gaming after playing online pvp and co-op for so long...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I still dont know wtf i am doing in CIV6 lol

I tried this a month ago and I'm not digging it like I did Civ 4. I don't like its controls, layout, etc.

I've been playing XBOX this year....mainly catching up on all the 360 games I missed out on like the Splinter Cells, Hitmans, Red Dead, GTA, War games, Resident Evil, etc.

Madden of course.

NBA2K is awesome. Getting to play as the classic teams is incredible and something I wanted for decades.

Madden needs to do this.

I don't play online. Have no desire for that crap. I just like playing old school.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Cyberpunk 2077 tonight, choombas.

Board footer