You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

metallex78 wrote:

Foo Fighters - Medicine at Midnight
Probably their most pop sounding album to date, but probably their best album since Wasting Light. It’s got some really fantastic stuff on there.

The title track sounds like Foos channeling Bowie, and a Clapton like guitar solo.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Amazing.

They should've did that second album without Layne like they originally wanted to. I was against it back then but they were too good for only one album and besides....it was really McCready's project, not Layne's.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

Amazing.

They should've did that second album without Layne like they originally wanted to. I was against it back then but they were too good for only one album and besides....it was really McCready's project, not Layne's.

Great call. Love those 3 Lanegan tracks on the deluxe edition.

James

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

Amazing.

Great call. Love those 3 Lanegan tracks on the deluxe edition.

Yeah the bonus material on the deluxe is great.  Slip Away is the standout track. It's so good I can look past Lanagan adding the vocals years later.

I don't understand why all bands aren't doing this. It's just rotting in the vault. Hell... McCready was looking for something else in the Pearl Jam vault when he found it.

That amazing song just sat there for 20 years.

Unbelievable.

It's unfortunate most of these band's weren't unloading this stuff back in the day. Back then they didn't realize there was a market for this stuff. Hollywood fucked up even worse by flushing all sorts of footage, outtakes, etc.

Hell....there's a 3 hour version of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles with more plotlines we'll never get to see because they weren't smart enough to save it. It should've been released on video back then.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

It’s a shame because 15 years ago there was a real demand for the early 90s Seattle scene. Soundgarden and AIC both capitalized but in general seems like a missed opportunity for a lot of bands. People wanted to hear Cantrell, Cornell, McCready, Lanegan, Martin, Noveselic, Grohl, etc. I don’t think people really cared about under what name or label or whatever combination. Just wanted to hear those guys play and make meaningful music. Slip Away is a great example but lost in the shuffle because it was 7-10 yrs too late.

James

James wrote:

What would've been great during that mini revival is if all those Seattle band's had got back together for one last festival together. It could've been really special.

Not have anything to do with money. Just performing for the fans and to celebrate an era that will never be duplicated.

It should've happened as a tribute to Layne.

Nobody realized how truly special that era was until it was over.

Not the same but I always thought Slash should've got the OG Snakepit back together for one last ride after he got the VR success.

They weren't huge but he made some waves with it in 95. It went gold, lotta touring, and he promoted the hell out of it. It also played a role in the implosion of GNR.

Lesser bands have reunited.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

One for the many Soundgarden fans on this forum - Kim Thayil and Matt Camerion guesting on The Pretty Reckless (Taylor Momsen band). Pretty cool, and one of Thayil's best solos in years. Where's Ben!

AtariLegend wrote:

Rammstein- Deutschland

James

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

One for the many Soundgarden fans on this forum - Kim Thayil and Matt Camerion guesting on The Pretty Reckless (Taylor Momsen band). Pretty cool, and one of Thayil's best solos in years. Where's Ben!

I just downloaded this album. I'll give it a spin tonight.

I've always wanted to like this band a lot. They're serviceable but it's a tad generic.

She has more potential than what this particular band brings to the table.

James

James wrote:

Board footer