You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

It wasn't long ago people seriously believed California would go back to Mexico by the year 2000.

The more realistic scenario which gains a bit of traction every few years is splitting Cali into two states. In that scenario, the south would likely become what's been referred to as Mexifornia/Calexico.

I'm not fond of that idea either although I'm surprised that a lot of Republicans don't push for it. Northern California has a lot of Republicans.

Cruz's plans to run for president again are dead. No one likes Cruz, even the people who voted for him.

I think he's burnt toast now and will just coast through the rest of his term. If he has any political future, it's at the state level.

He should resign but he's not going to just give up his position willingly. He will rage against the dying of the political light.

Trump's political value is torched. The environment that put him in office has changed and was a weird, once in a lifetime moment

I'll pull a Clinton by agreeing and disagreeing with this.

The rise of Trump was a lightning in a bottle quirk of fate....but.... we're still in an environment  where an unconventional/outsider candidate can rise up to the presidency. If things continue to get worse, it increases the chances of such a scenario playing out.

Our culture is obsessed with celebrity.  The past couple decades saw two celebrities outside the political sphere become governors....Ventura and Schwarzenegger. Various athletes such as Kevin Johnson and Steve Largent have become congressmen and mayors. 2015 saw the rise of Trump.

We are not at the end of this trend.

As you guys know, I have predicted for years that The Rock will eventually run for the presidency and probably win. He will be the left's version of Trump.

We're one step closer. Last week, The Rock said he would run if the people want him to run.

Already setting up the angle...."The People's President".

It's pretty obvious Biden is a one term president. He's the transitional president between Trump and whatever comes next.

Kamala is not electable. She was polling at what?.....1% during the primaries? Tulsi made a fool out of her during the debates. If Kamala runs in 24 and wins the nomination, I predict Cali goes red. People here hate her and it's a miracle she had that Senate seat.

In a scenario with the president not running and an unelectable vice president, its wide open on both sides of the fence.

Matt Gaetz is laying the groundwork to run for President and is desperate to get the Trump vote. That will be a hilarious mess!

The Republicans are not fleeing Trumpism so we're more than likely to see a Trump in 2024. Many believe it will be Jr. I think it will be Ivanka.

Then you've got the types like Gaetz, Cruz, and Hawley who want to use the Trump base to rise to the presidency.

Then there's people like Romney and Paul...more standard Republicans who need that base but wish to go more towards the center.

The Dems don't have anyone good. Tulsi has potential but the DNC will never allow her to get the nomination. Types like Hillary and Kerry are no longer feasible so the door is wide open for a Rock type candidate to come in.

One more thing....

The Dems and the media....in their desire for ratings and to have a convenient target to rile up their base, are really playing with fire by focusing so much on Boebert and Marjorie taylor Greene.

If these two are as incompetent as it appears, the correct and smart approach would be to ignore them and let the Republicans deal with the shit show themselves. Instead, they are giving these two near constant coverage....which gives them more power and influence than they deserve.

If they don't stop with the Trump style coverage, these two are future senators or governors.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I fully expect Tulsi to become a Republican.

I like Dan Crenshaw, and when he did that bit on SNL to confront the kid who had fun of his missing eye he lost in Iraq, I thought he had Reagan qualities, even a little Obama. Class, dignity, etc. But if Trump runs, which I think he will, it'll be a dog fight and I'm not sure if he could get low enough to make an impact. Unless, he totally shames him by taking the high road and reminding everyone that Trump is a draft dodger.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Crenshaw, Kinzinger & Sasse should be looked at as the future of the party. Nikki Haley will definitely run as well, I'm not sold on her I think she got the bare minimum qualifications (UN appointment for 'International Experience' to suit her Presidential ambitions) then packed it up & packed it in, so will now wait until 2024.

Sounds like a complainer.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Crenshaw, Kinzinger & Sasse should be looked at as the future of the party. Nikki Haley will definitely run as well, I'm not sold on her I think she got the bare minimum qualifications (UN appointment for 'International Experience' to suit her Presidential ambitions) then packed it up & packed it in, so will now wait until 2024.

Lol, no. They aren’t liked by Republicans and aren’t liberal enough for liberals so how could they win a national election?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Lol, no. They aren’t liked by Republicans and aren’t liberal enough for liberals so how could they win a national election?

I’ve been saying this for at least 4 years...

What do these Trumpers stand for? I still don’t get it. They don’t stand for anything. It’s aimless and directionless.

It doesn’t matter what Trump does nor does it matter when he contradicts himself and then contradicts himself again.

And don’t give that crap about small government. There’s no evidence of it.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Yes i agree with this but it won’t happen. They want some unhinged, raving lunatic who screams rage and nonsense into a microphone.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

You still haven't had that come to Jesus moment...

misterID

misterID wrote:

Tiger Woods was in a pretty bad accident. His agent said he has serious leg injuries and is in surgery. As a golfer, you don't want your legs messed with.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Was he driving? This is just weird.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yeah, very early in the morning. Glad he didn't have his kids with him.

Board footer