You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Posters who vanished long ago....

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Wait wtf...you can see people’s PMs?

No. Why in the hell would you think that?

For the record since it's been brought up....

I was told years ago that on this forum design it is technically possible for admin to read PMs but it would require nerds working overtime to decipher a single PM.

They'd have to dig through a sea of white noise piecing it together...like SETI attempting to hear a message in the cosmos.

No I never asked.

Oh...i misunderstood...i thought you were able to tell that DTJ and ID had a correspondence.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Wait wtf...you can see people’s PMs?

No. Why in the hell would you think that?

For the record since it's been brought up....

I was told years ago that on this forum design it is technically possible for admin to read PMs but it would require nerds working overtime to decipher a single PM.

They'd have to dig through a sea of white noise piecing it together...like SETI attempting to hear a message in the cosmos.

No I never asked.

Oh...i misunderstood...i thought you were able to tell that DTJ and ID had a correspondence.

He mentioned it in an earlier post.

I hope my feelings on this topic aren't conveying jealousy because I can assure you...I wasn't.

In fact...and yes it's a fact....I turned down the "racy" stuff. It's just not my thing.  If you're a woman in my life whether it's the internet or real life, if you haven't been close enough to me to rip your clothes off in my presence that leads to action...I don't want or need to see you nude.

Even if I'm in one of my periods where I go years without sex... don't want to see it.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I miss DTJ too. We'd chat occasionally on messenger as well and she was super nice sending me the making fn videos dvds that I still have today. We have a lot of great people pass through our doors through out the years. I remember all those names you posted James. Really takes you back when you think back how long we have been here. A shadow of what we were but still here. Still open and still home to some of the best discussions on GnR and music.

It's a shame drama and bullshit came into play from time to time.

From ROV to Unleashed to Evo. Still here and I dont think I'll leave til we are gone forever. Its like the mafia for me at this point. There's no getting out.

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Rocket Queen

If this is who I think it is, she posts on mygnr regularly.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James wrote:

I remember Skynyrd from 2005 on HTGTH. She had an account before that where she was fairly subdued. She went "all in" on anal sex and became a polarizing figure. We argued quite a bit.

Fast forward to ROV 2006...

I'm in the chat room with a few people and someone brings her up. I mention how her story is fishy and think she might be a gay guy pretending to be a woman. One of them tells her what I said.

All hell breaks loose.

She joins and instantly starts cussing me out. Long story short....we made up and never argued again.

Anyone remember that tiny site I did between ROV and Evo called GNR Unleashed?

Skynyrd Girl did the banners/logo.

Yeah...I know she's a real woman. Talked to her years after she left on Myspace and Facebook.

Having said that....I'd still swear on a stack of bibles that there was something fishy going on with that account early on. We'll never know of course and at this point it doesn't even matter. Just call it a hunch.

I liked her though. The forums lost a little something when she left.

She loved the attention and got spoiled by the love spewed for her at HTGTH. People saying she was the most beautiful woman to ever post at HTGTH.

No she wasn't. Rocket Queen was. Literally supermodel material. She vanished right before Hammerstein I think. Never popped back up.

DoubleTalkinJive I missed. I know others might see it differently, but I think she was as important as anyone in the early days. It's a shame she didn't come back.

She was critical to the continuing success of the forum as we went into 2007. She was unique to GNR forums at the time....a female moderator that everyone loves. Only female staff on forums at the time were Madison and Pandora....who everyone hated.

I take the blame for what happened with her. We had become close since 2005. We'd talk on messenger daily... sometimes for hours in the evening.

In 2008 she had some personal issues in her life. For some reason, it was being taken out on me.  I get it... people need to vent...but don't aim such vitriol at me. After a couple more incidents, I removed her from staff. I knew I was risking imploding the whole site. She left and that was it. I created an environment at the time where people weren't going to ask and eventually everyone just moved on like nothing happened.

A couple years later she came back, posted a couple times, we sent PMs to one another burying the hatchet, and then she never came back again. I think she came back just to make peace and for closure.

If it hadn't been me, it would've been someone else. Not to judge or assassinate character, but she got way too close with various guys on the forum to varying degrees. It was a recipe for disaster. To this day I don't know how she juggled all that.  Yesterday I see that she was sending ID stuff. I didn't even know that.

Skynyrd Girl's stuff was impersonal and shallow. DTJ's was not.

I once mentioned on the forums that I wish I'd seen one of those early 06 shows, so she sent me a pm and asked for my address and sent it to me. We hit it off on HTGTH. Ftr, she never sent me any sex stuff -- just want to make sure there's no misunderstanding there.

She and Skynyrdgirl just posted their sexy pics publicly. Skynyrdgirl was real, she posted a lot of photos where it was clear she was doing it specifically for the forum, she loved dressing up as Axl in his biker gear, and yeah, loved talking about anal sex. I forgot about that until James mentioned it.

I have to admit, I miss Russ, too. He followed me on Twitter then stopped, which I have a feeling had to do with me bashing Trump.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I know he left in a bad way...but i always enjoyed Bono.

Yeah, he was great

AtariLegend wrote:

This topic still holds relevance. If only we could guess why?

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=6195

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

This topic still holds relevance. If only we could guess why?

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=6195

I forgot about Paxcow.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

This thread made me curious about the past. Checked some of my old PMs on HTGTH. Broke out into a cold sweat. Embarrassingly immature.

I was... 16 or 17 when I started posting there. 31 now.

I still lurk here because... it’s nice to get away from the centralized internet (fb, reddit, twitter, etc.)

Plus, I enjoy seeing what you guys have to say. Cheers.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I remember Bono from HTGRH, Roses (which became this.

Was DTJ the attractive English lady?

Or was that SkynrdGirl?

Any chance Bono can come back?

I wonder what Jarmo does in the real world.

Whoa here today’s forum is gone? Yikes.

I was kind of pissed my favourite U2 site atu2.com is gone now too.

But here has been gone in my mind for a while when Jarmo banned people for not liking the band during the DJ days.

Board footer