You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

I think trans kids have the right to transition, but this is ridiculous:

CNN: "It's not possible to know a person's gender identity at birth."

Revealing a baby's gender is now bigoted. All kids should be as proud of their gender as the color of their skin. Some people suffer gender dysphoria, kids should not be taught that the only way to be accepted is through faux gender identity, ie, gender fluidity.

You can change the color of your skin, texture of your hair, and your European features. People have done it. But living your life as a black man doesn't make you one.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Sex and gender are two related but different concepts.

I’m all for anything that allows anyone to make choices for themselves.

We’re talking about .0001% of the population where this is an issue. This is typical fox news fear mongering.

misterID

misterID wrote:

How is this fear mongering or have anything to do with FOX? I read this from CNN, and if this is such a tiny fraction of people, why are we adjusting science and education to make this tiny group of people feel good?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Race is just a social construct.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

You've just described all borders, religions, sports teams and the constitution and basically everything we've fought wars over since this country's conception.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Btw, if anyone has Randall's email can you tell him to come back. I mean, it makes no sense people were hell bent on getting rid of him only to STOP posting once he left.

I think he's just taking a break but yeah....I want him back too. Everyone but Mitch who was complaining about him stopped posting literally a nanosecond after Flagg stopped posting.

It showed how insincere the outrage was.

They didn't want him gone...they wanted drama.

Now maybe people can see one of the reasons I have always been reluctant to ban long time members.

I didn't ban Flagg obviously but it's "different but the same" as Cheech would say.

Eliminate the supposed threat and those who felt threatened leave when he does.

I hate faux outrage. All levels of it. Nothing good ever comes from it.

We're all friends and known each other for eons. People need to get over it and drop the animosity over politics.

In the words of Reverend Rodney King....

Can't we all just get along?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I think it’s fair to also say that immediately after a presidential election this thread always dies down.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Black Muslim attacks Capitol and kills a cop. Wonder if the cop will lay in the Capitol.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think it’s fair to also say that immediately after a presidential election this thread always dies down

It didn't during the Trump era....

Before him...you're right.

Black Muslim attacks Capitol and kills a cop. Wonder if the cop will lay in the Capitol

I was out shopping when this was happening.

You know the media hated reporting that.

I wish it could go back to when the world was normal and people weren't on standby waiting to find out the skin color and who they voted for to decide what to think about a criminal.

I see it all the time on Reddit especially and it's surreal.

Remember when all criminals were loathed?

Those were the days....

The situation between the Ukraine and Russia is heating up. I mentioned this last week and now it looks like more mainstream outlets are picking it up.

Russia sending more troops to the border, warning the US/NATO not to get involved.

Now there's this....

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Unless we absolutely need to, we should not intervene at all in Eastern Europe.  It's just messy over there with all types of issues like Belarus' election and human rights issues.

Board footer