You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

monkeychow wrote:

Not sure.

Without the pandemic I think they would have needed to in order to keep the touring business freshly marketed.

Post the pandemic - just the fact there are large scale shows again is a marketing angle.

When the aussie tour was announced I was hoping it was the warm up leg of what might become a release tour later in that year.

Now they are booking shows into 2022 still with no new branding I am less hopeful...and I wonder if they're just settled into play where they can amongst the chaos for the next few years.

I really hope we get a new album eventually though, sounds weird but it would be good to move onto a new era psychologically.

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35
misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If we're being honest, a new single will sell big. An album will sell fine. There are no more excuses for not releasing an album now other than fear/laziness/bad management. Everyone got what they wanted: a reunion. There are no roadblocks anymore... Except one.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Feel this is the time fellow GN’R fans ... strap in

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Just an update, the band are hoping to complete an album, or have an album ready by the last quarter of this year, no release schedule set yet. From the Slash camp

They’re still “hoping” to complete an album? What the actual fuck have they been doing all this time?

If they haven’t finished an album when they’ve had nothing but time to work on it, I don’t believe we’ll ever get an album.

Such a waste of all that talent.

Axl will be 80, and they’ll still be “hoping” to put out an album...

It’s beyond a joke at this point.

And it’s funny too, I’m currently getting memories pop up on my Facebook feed from 5 years ago seeing the reunion in Vegas, when I still held hope for this band....

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Just an update, the band are hoping to complete an album, or have an album ready by the last quarter of this year, no release schedule set yet. From the Slash camp

They’re still “hoping” to complete an album? What the actual fuck have they been doing all this time?

If they haven’t finished an album when they’ve had nothing but time to work on it, I don’t believe we’ll ever get an album.

And it’s funny too, I’m currently getting memories pop up on my Facebook feed from 5 years ago seeing the reunion in Vegas, when I still held hope for this band....

I genuinely have no idea, I posted off three or four emails ages ago, just saying, any updates, and I got a random email out of the blue.

I'll chase it up later in the year

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
sp1at wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I genuinely have no idea, I posted off three or four emails ages ago, just saying, any updates, and I got a random email out of the blue.

I'll chase it up later in the year

I believe Slash the most because he wants a new album the most. I for sure is working on it. All that is holding them up is Axl.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

"Complete an album" =/= "have an album ready"

Very different things. The former implies some or much work to be done, the latter implies your standard finishing stages.

I'm past the stage of looking for hints in the tea leaves but it's worth pointing that out.

And it'd be nice but I'm not holding my breath.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I still can't believe haven't heard The General. Might be best that we didn't hear the Buckethead version.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I still can't believe haven't heard The General. Might be best that we didn't hear the Buckethead version.

Only way you'll ever hear that is if it leaks.

If they didn't do any recording or any movement with the label during the past year, we're not getting anything.

I still have hopes for a song of some sort... whether it's a single or tied to a movie.

An album? I have serious doubts.

If 2021 sees anything, it will be the UYI box set.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Look, Mick Jagger and Dave Grohl bashed this out in an afternoon, surely Axl can do the same?

Board footer