You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bill Cosby was released from prison. Not only did they throw out his case, they ruled he can't be tried for that crime again. The prosecution apparently made a deal with him that if he went forward with a civil case and testified they wouldn't press criminal charges, basically because the case against him was really strong. On top of that, they say allowing witnesses to testify who weren't directly tied to the case prejudiced the jury against him.

Really weird on the second part, but the first part is totally believable with how corrupt the justice system is.

I say this on a regular basis but I'll say it again...

The US is in a state of collapse and in the meantime...we get to have a dystopian existence.

They don't even bother pretending to hide the fact that our elite get away with anything...and in the off chance one of them goes to jail... just hold your horses....they'll get you out of there.

They did the same thing with Epstein 10-15 years ago. Fucker was supposed to rot in prison but they gave him the deal of the century....and then he continued to party with our elite and no one cared.

This will blow over quickly. They'll let it spin through the outrage cycle a bit and then it will be gone from the headlines.

Is they the main reason for things falling apart? The elite getting away with murder?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bill Cosby was released from prison. Not only did they throw out his case, they ruled he can't be tried for that crime again. The prosecution apparently made a deal with him that if he went forward with a civil case and testified they wouldn't press criminal charges, basically because the case against him was really strong. On top of that, they say allowing witnesses to testify who weren't directly tied to the case prejudiced the jury against him.

Really weird on the second part, but the first part is totally believable with how corrupt the justice system is.

The US is in a state of collapse and in the meantime...we get to have a dystopian existence.

They don't even bother pretending to hide the fact that our elite get away with anything...and in the off chance one of them goes to jail... just hold your horses....they'll get you out of there.

They did the same thing with Epstein 10-15 years ago. Fucker was supposed to rot in prison but they gave him the deal of the century....and then he continued to party with our elite and no one cared.

This will blow over quickly. They'll let it spin through the outrage cycle a bit and then it will be gone from the headlines.

Is they the main reason for things falling apart? The elite getting away with murder?

Well.... it's one of the reasons.

We don't matter anymore and at some point in the past 10-15 years or so...they decided to stop acting like they care.

Everything is just blatantly out in the open...and why shouldn't it be? Anything they do no matter how good or bad will have a bunch of plebs defending them.

Like the stimulus. They made a production out of doing it and it only cost a couple hundred billion. What put it into the trillions was giving shit tons of money to various corporations. Other things too but that was the meat and potatoes.

Gave money to stop them from laying off workers (supposedly) and they pocketed the money and started laying off workers.

I see they're already trying to turn this Cosby crap into a left/right issue on social media.

Don't fall for it.

It no longer matters which color sits in the big seat. It's corruption top to bottom.

Remember those kids in cages you hated and only a Nazi would put kids in cages?

They're still there...they just stopped calling them cages so their cheering plebs would stop whining.

Remember how Kamala was put in charge of the border issues and was going to be hard at work fixing it?

How's that working out?

None of these people care.

James

James wrote:

Totally off topic but I just found out (or simply forgot) but Quincy Jones was supposed to be at Sharon Tate's house on the night of Helter Skelter but backed out at the last second.

That would have altered the course of history.... literally.

For starters...the Michael Jackson craze may not even happen.

There's also an alternate universe where instead of Polanski and Tate's group being targeted, it's Terry Melcher and Candace Bergen.

Crazy.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

So was Steve McQueen. He was literally on his way, saw a good looking girl on the sidewalk, picked her up and decided to nail her and blew off the party.

My auto correct Kind of messed up my Cosby post. Went ahead and edited it. Basically, the prosecution made a deal with him that if he went ahead with a civil trial and testified they wouldn't press criminal charges because they didn't have a strong case. In a criminal case he has the right not to take the stand. You don't have that right in civil court, and they can use that testimony against you in a criminal case whether you take the stand or not. The prosecutor just decided not to honor it and ran a campaign that he was going to prosecute Cosby.

I think Cosby is guilty as a mother fucker, but you cannot shit on someone's constitutional rights.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

So was Steve McQueen. He was literally on his way, saw a good looking girl on the sidewalk, picked her up and decided to nail her and blew off the party.

My auto correct Kind of messed up my Cosby post. Went ahead and edited it. Basically, the prosecution made a deal with him that if he went ahead with a civil trial and testified they wouldn't press criminal charges because they didn't have a strong case. In a criminal case he has the right not to take the stand. You don't have that right in civil court, and they can use that testimony against you in a criminal case whether you take the stand or not. The prosecutor just decided not to honor it and ran a campaign that he was going to prosecute Cosby.

I think Cosby is guilty as a mother fucker, but you cannot shit on someone's constitutional rights.

I have no idea if he’s guilty or not…how can you be so sure?

I’m so confused about whether or not people find this shit to repulsive or even criminal at all. It hits close to home for me and I’ve resigned myself to the fact that many people just don’t care.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Well.... it's one of the reasons.

We don't matter anymore and at some point in the past 10-15 years or so...they decided to stop acting like they care.

Everything is just blatantly out in the open...and why shouldn't it be? Anything they do no matter how good or bad will have a bunch of plebs defending them.

Like the stimulus. They made a production out of doing it and it only cost a couple hundred billion. What put it into the trillions was giving shit tons of money to various corporations. Other things too but that was the meat and potatoes.

Gave money to stop them from laying off workers (supposedly) and they pocketed the money and started laying off workers.

I see they're already trying to turn this Cosby crap into a left/right issue on social media.

Don't fall for it.

It no longer matters which color sits in the big seat. It's corruption top to bottom.

Remember those kids in cages you hated and only a Nazi would put kids in cages?

They're still there...they just stopped calling them cages so their cheering plebs would stop whining.

Remember how Kamala was put in charge of the border issues and was going to be hard at work fixing it?

How's that working out?

None of these people care.

I never thought ‘we’ mattered.

Are you really surprised this is how the stimulus turned out? I used mine responsibility and according to the rules. Turns out I’m the schmuck.

James

James wrote:

Forgot about that.

I've always been interested in the concept of alternate universe/multiverse and incidents like this really makes you wonder.

Like I pointed out... imagine a world where Quincy Jones is one of the Manson victims.

Look at his resume...but cut it off at 1969.

Or look at the other possibility....

Tate and her friends are never murder victims. Instead it's Melcher, Candace Bergen, and whoever happens to be with them on whatever night it happens.

No Murphy Brown for starters... although Dan Quayle would love that universe. lol

Hell... Sharon Tate could've been Murphy Brown.

Speaking of Murphy Brown, it reminds me of another murder that tripped me out when reading about it years ago....

The murder of Rebecca Schaeffer, star of My Sister Sam, produced by Diane English...creator of Murphy Brown.

Anyways.....

She was murdered by Robert Bardo. It came out later that before he became obsessed with Rebecca, he was obsessed with Samantha Smith, the girl famous for writing that letter to the Soviet Union...who eventually got into acting.

Bardo once traveled to Maine to see her but nothing happened. Samantha and her father were killed in a plane crash....causing Bardo to have to find a new obsession... Rebecca Schaeffer.

If Samantha doesn't get killed in a plane crash, is she eventually murdered by Bardo in Maine, which means Rebecca Schaeffer gets to live?

*Cues Twilight Zone theme*

Because he admitted to drugging and raping women.... hoping to avoid jail thanks to the sweet deal that only the elites get.

James

James wrote:

you really surprised this is how the stimulus turned out? I used mine responsibility and according to the rules. Turns out I’m the schmuck

No I'm not really surprised... just pointing out the fact.

If you never thought normal, everyday Americans mattered, why have you spent years enthusiastically defending various politicians?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

you really surprised this is how the stimulus turned out? I used mine responsibility and according to the rules. Turns out I’m the schmuck

No I'm not really surprised... just pointing out the fact.

If you never thought normal, everyday Americans mattered, why have you spent years enthusiastically defending various politicians?

Because I just assumed this is how it's always been. I don't remember a president before Ronald Reagan. The precedent that was set in my earliest years was greed, fuck labor, corporations matter more than people. Then corporations are people. It just seems like the whole system and all the rules were always set up so that a few dozen or so people would always be at the top.

Edit: Donald Trump's elections election and the way he conducted himself disgusted me in a way that I can never look at my own country again in the same way.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I’m so confused about whether or not people find this shit to repulsive or even criminal at all. It hits close to home for me and I’ve resigned myself to the fact that many people just don’t care.

Because he admitted it. That's the whole point, he testified in a civil case, and it was used in his criminal case against him.

Board footer