You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

In case you guys forgot, Mitch is the guy who came here saying when he blew a tire and a stare trooper pulled over to help, he was worried the cop would shoot his infant son. After the cop changed his tire, Mitch literally said the police have never done anything for him. (Why a 30 year old man needed help changing a tire…)

Wow...you sure have a revisionist memory of all that. First, a tire didn't blow...but the sensor in the car was telling me that there was indeed something seriously wrong with the car. After pulling over, 5 minutes later a state highway rolls up (which I am grateful for). I inspected all 4 tires and found nothing wrong. I even took the air pressure and confirmed that there was no issue there.

I appreciate you're cute little shot at my manhood, though. Also, is it cool to take shots at the Dad of a mixed child who was worried about his future given the context of everything that happened last year? Maybe if you watched the George Floyd tape and actually had a son you might give shit about something other than your alpha male posturing.

If you’re expecting to engage with someone who has bothered to read anything other than the headlines of far left media outlets tailored to his algorithm, you’re only kidding yourself.

This guy said he didn’t know if he could protect his family if they were being murdered, as shooting someone attacking his wife gives him any pause.

Point being you’re not engaging with someone capable of expressing an opinion that remotely resonates with your average Joe.

Guys who think cops will shoot their infant or hesitate to protect their family don’t have the mental makeup that is relatable to anyone but far left Twitter where white men flog themselves for shit their ancestors did 300 years ago.

If you think you're the average Joe...you're sadly mistaken. If you think it makes you a man because you have a dozen guns, you are sadly mistaken. Aren't you also the guy who said George Floyd deserved what he got until you saw the tape? Aren't you also the guy that said Breonna Taylor deserved what she got because she was dating a drug dealer?

The hubris of the alpha is why I will never, ever be a follower. It is never the alpha male that is wrong. It is weak, white liberals who are cuck boys right? We have doubled so far down on all these stupid ass, waste of money drug enforcement policies that it is now justifiable to kill anyone suspected to be on drugs, near drugs or in the near physical proximate location of drugs.

Someone who tells us we deserve Covid for voting for Trump isn’t someone you’re going to have any meaningful discussion with.

We do deserve what we get for putting that man in power. All that matters to that man is money, his fame and his barnum and bailey style circus he brings with him everywhere he goes. Everything that man touches eventually turns to shit. Did he get the economy churning by using a cute combination of massive deficit spending and lowering taxes for the rich and corporations...you bet. How long did you think that was going to last? Pandemic or not.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Why would this be the stake in the heart? Your boy Desantis is overseeing a shit storm in Florida and everyone is anointing him the new king of the Republican party.

People are looking back at progressive talking head tweets from last year and it's uniformly anti vax, and were predicting Trump's rush to get vaccines out was going to kill people. You can't make this up.

Yeah it's crazy.

Had Trump won the election, it would be the left bitching about vaccines and wanting everything wide open.

I'm also getting sick of the constant bitching about the right not getting the vaccine.

In most of these states, it's minorities that are refusing to get vaccinated. They don't bring this up because it goes against their narrative they've spent months crafting.

It's very telling how the talking point was "White Republicans are refusing to vaccinate" and when you look at the figures, there's a similar vaccine resistance among Black Americans.  Admittedly, overall Whites represent the largest demographic so you have the most vaccinated overall, but an actual participation rate of around 60%. Similarly, you have a little over 60% of black Americans being represented.  Admittedly, the CDC says roughly 30% of their demographic data is missing, so the figures are only as good as the data, but no one is talking about any other demographic.

Google search 1 fitting the narrative
White-Republicans.jpg

Google search 2 changing the demographic
Black.jpg

And here's the actual CDC numbers as of today:
Reality.jpg
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke … emographic

Pay attention to actual completed vaccine rates since we've had one available for 7 months now. 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/wh … t-liberal/
90% of Black Americans identify with the Democratic party.  You can't find a more reliable and historical slant towards an American political party in any other demographic group. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic_ … n_politics
69% of Latinos identify with the Democratic party.

Interestingly, trying to get a hard answer on which way white voters go wasn't as easy as other demographics. Pew provided this:

PSDT_09.22.20_electorate.essay-0.png

and the NY Times election break down reports something very similar:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 … ident.html

Times.jpg

I have no interests in labeling groupthink to any demographic, but facts are facts. 

Here is a video of Harris telling the world she wouldn't take a vaccine recommended by Trump in October 2020, during our 2nd waive, a month from the election.  For the record, both Moderna and Pfizer are those very vaccines achieved under Warp Speed.  I have no interest in attributing any of these vaccines to him, he simply nodded his head "yes" when asked if it could proceed. 

That was our VP telling half the country that voted for her that she doesn't think a vaccine created and approved under Trump -which both Pfizer and Moderna are. should be taken if Trump is the one telling you to get it.  And we have a media and mouth breathers going around blaming the Republican party and specifically white Republicans?  This is a clear example of politicizing this entire thing.  The current team can't baffle you with their brilliance.  They can't even get an infrastructure bill through congress because they've paid too much lip service to the AOC and Twitter crowd.  So they baffle you with bullshit, and making it racial is the only proven method the American left has of winning elections.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

People are looking back at progressive talking head tweets from last year and it's uniformly anti vax, and were predicting Trump's rush to get vaccines out was going to kill people. You can't make this up.

Yeah it's crazy.

Had Trump won the election, it would be the left bitching about vaccines and wanting everything wide open.

I'm also getting sick of the constant bitching about the right not getting the vaccine.

In most of these states, it's minorities that are refusing to get vaccinated. They don't bring this up because it goes against their narrative they've spent months crafting.

It's very telling how the talking point was "White Republicans are refusing to vaccinate" and when you look at the figures, it's clearly "Democratic" voters who are refusing the vaccine, but that's hidden from the discussion.

Google search 1 fitting the narrative
https://i.ibb.co/ZxxXfzz/White-Republicans.jpg

Google search 2 changing the demographic
https://i.ibb.co/LYvGyy6/Black.jpg

And here's the actual CDC numbers as of today:
https://i.ibb.co/q7tXqjw/Reality.jpg
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke … emographic

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/wh … t-liberal/
90% of Black Americans identify with the Democratic party.  You can't find a more reliable and historical slant towards an American political party in any other demographic group. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic_ … n_politics
69% of Latinos identify with the Democratic party.

Interestingly, trying to get a hard answer on which way white voters go wasn't as easy as other demographics. Pew provided this:

https://www.pewresearch.org/wp-content/ … ssay-0.png

and the NY Times election break down reports something very similar:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 … ident.html

https://i.ibb.co/584PZ7B/Times.jpg

I have no interests in labeling groupthink to any demographic, but facts are facts. 

Here is a video of Harris telling the world she wouldn't take a vaccine recommended by Trump in October 2020, during our 2nd waive, a month from the election.  For the record, both Moderna and Pfizer are those very vaccines achieved under Warp Speed.  I have no interest in attributing any of these vaccines to him, he simply nodded his head "yes" when asked if it could proceed. 

That was our VP telling half the country that voted for her that she doesn't think a vaccine created and approved under Trump -which both Pfizer and Moderna are. should be taken if Trump is the one telling you to get it.  And we have a media and mouth breathers going around blaming the Republican party and specifically white Republicans?  This is a clear example of politicizing this entire thing.  The current team can't baffle you with their brilliance.  They can't even get an infrastructure bill through congress because they've paid too much lip service to the AOC and Twitter crowd.  So they baffle you with bullshit, and making it racial is the only proven method the American left has of winning elections.

I forgot to add to the last post that I'd do RF's part....to turn, pivot and change the topic....

I remember a time when he was using CDC data to prove that Fauci and other medical professionals weren't to be trusted...

now he's simply using them to try to make me look stupid. Love that hindsight bias RF...never change....

These are truly MAGA moments....

Randall Flagg

Yea, Mitch.  If by turn and pivot you mean cite and structure out arguments for my posts, you got me.  You should try it for once.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Here let me do it for you. The CDC is stupid and here’s all the evidence why. One year later the CDC proves everything I thought.

It’s the media that’s wrong

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The border is a shit show. Fuck. Covid all over the place and immigrants from all over the world down there. They are expecting 100,000 more this month

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Biden’s numbers are tanking. Our country is not in a good state right now.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:

James made this comment too. Where are you guys seeing this?  He’s holding steady around 50%.  His high was 56%, and he’s declined 3% points each quarter. He’s still 10 points higher than Trump was at this point. A 6 point drop 6 months into his Presidency doesn’t meet my definition of tanking, but I’m interested to see why you and James feel he’s on a downward projectory.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

James made this comment too. Where are you guys seeing this?  He’s holding steady around 50%.  His high was 56%, and he’s declined 3% points each quarter. He’s still 10 points higher than Trump was at this point. A 6 point drop 6 months into his Presidency doesn’t meet my definition of tanking, but I’m interested to see why you and James feel he’s on a downward projectory.

Look at his numbers on the economy. 45% feel the economy is in a good spot and 54% feel the economy is poor. Yeah, it is better than Trump but this is Biden who has 95% of the media and social media behind him.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

It's not an election year, who cares what people think right now?

Look at things how they are. Of course the economy isn't hot, the world is now on the slow march out of a 18 month pandemic that globally is not fully over. You have new variants surging all over the world where they are not as far ahead as Western countries with vaccination and those variants are causing trouble in places like the US, where you starting to have this "pandemic of the unvaccinated" problem. Markets are rightly getting spooked because the road out of Covid isn't as rosy as they thought it was. This is going to be a slow two steps forward and one step back march out of this.

Criticise Joe "I Belive in Science" Biden for his handling of this since he took over. Or criticise him for his hawkish approach to Cuba. Or criticise him for sometimes appearing rambly and incoherent. Criticise the rushed pull out of Afghanistan.

But don't get worked by opinion polls and get sucked into the horse race. Look at hard stats for things that are actually happening and nail him for the things he does and says. Not what some Fox, CNN, or MSNBC poll says about what people think - that shit's for commentators to use to predict future elections, not a reason to dunk on him.

Board footer