You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: We don't really expect a new setlist do we?

monkeychow wrote:

then remove songs you don't want to play because of beef with a co-writer (eg Pitman/Izzy etc)

They don't seem to have had any problem playing Madagascar, or indeed any Izzy song.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it's not like they can't...

But it makes me wonder...is Axl going to pick silkworms as the next single and send Pitman a few extra bucks? Maybe he doesn't mind I dunno....but i notice there's been no dust and bones for many a year and it's easier to sing than most of the songs...

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it's not like they can't...

But it makes me wonder...is Axl going to pick silkworms as the next single and send Pitman a few extra bucks? Maybe he doesn't mind I dunno....but i notice there's been no dust and bones for many a year and it's easier to sing than most of the songs...

You don't have to pay artists to play cover songs at a concert.  You only have to pay if you release them like on CD or digital music.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I think Slash's Hardschool is way better than the demo. It really sounds like a modern You Could Be Mine type rocker. On the other hand, I'm afraid that songs like Soul Monster are probably lost forever since they can't be easily "Slashified" in that manner. Why the hell couldn't Axl have just released CD II in 2015?

Slash's hard school was a disaster.  You really think that was good?
As for something like Soul Monster, not sure why Axl just doesn't let Fortus do the BH stuff Fortus can shred and would be able to handle all of BHs stuffbut of course Axl wants to give Slash pretty much all fo the CD solos that both Finck and BH did.  So dumb.

Slash improved Hardschool to actually sound like a Guns N’ Roses song. If you think that’s butchering it, then you don’t really like GN’R’s classic sound.

The part slash played in that clip already sounded like a classic GNR part on the actual track.  Outside of the tapping BH does, it sounds like something that would have been on UYI.   That being said, I don't want the BH era stuff to be dumbed down to sound like classic GNR.  GNR was evolving and now its going backwards.

Just wait until Slash butchers all the other CD leaked songs like Zodiac and sheep like you will say will defend slash for butchering it

Just let Fortus do the BH stuff, he can way more handle it than slash. its also a slash in the face to give Slash lead on the CD era stuff.  Hell at this point Fortus has been in GNR way longer than slash

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

GNR was evolving and now its going backwards.

They were going backwards long before Slash showed up.

Hell...Slash and Duff's return caused them to move a few steps forward until they threw it in cruise control.

Just let Fortus do the BH stuff, he can way more handle it than slash

No he can't. He's butchered songs just like everyone else post-Bucket.

Slash is the star. He's why people are there. He gets the solos...or most of them anyways.

Fortis is lucky he's even along for the ride.

Hell at this point Fortus has been in GNR way longer than slash

Yeah and after 19 years and counting, all he has to show for it is being a dog whistle on one album.

sheep like you

Come on Dave.

He's a "Slashite" through and through but he's also calling a spade a spade.

Slash brought new life to CD and Better when they made their comeback. Took em back to their roots.

There's only two ways we're ever going to get to hear the Chinese vault in an official manner(finished, vocals, etc.).....

1. Slash, Duff, and Axl agree to comb through the vault and let them rework a few tracks for eventual release.

2. After Axl dies, TB eventually start unloading his vault.

I prefer option 1. As a Bucket fan, I understand the frustration of not getting to hear all the material. Having said that....we weren't getting that anyways. It's either nothing....or something with Slash.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

There's only two ways we're ever going to get to hear the Chinese vault in an official manner(finished, vocals, etc.).....

1. Slash, Duff, and Axl agree to comb through the vault and let them rework a few tracks for eventual release.

2. After Axl dies, TB eventually start unloading his vault.

I prefer option 1. As a Bucket fan, I understand the frustration of not getting to hear all the material. Having said that....we weren't getting that anyways. It's either nothing....or something with Slash.

Optimistically we get anything. A Slash'd CD Vault in the near to medium term. Longer term when they either retire or sadly die we get a CD vault boxset unload*.

But as things stand now we're hanging all hopes of anything coming on them soundhchecking and rehearsing Hardschool 18 months ago.

* depending who owns the material, post retirement or death maybe the record label pulls the trigger just to monetise the remaining content they have and to add more value to their streaming services in the future.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

The forum isn't allowing me to create a new topic, so I'll post it here:

I'm seeing them this Saturday and wanted to know if anyone had an idea of when Guns would take stage.  I just got an email that the event was not starting at 6 instead of 7, but know that Wolfgang is opening and I assume another act will be on before him.  I have no interest in seeing either opening act, so I'm trying to figure what time I need to be there to be seated before Guns starts their show.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The forum isn't allowing me to create a new topic, so I'll post it here:

I'm seeing them this Saturday and wanted to know if anyone had an idea of when Guns would take stage.  I just got an email that the event was not starting at 6 instead of 7, but know that Wolfgang is opening and I assume another act will be on before him.  I have no interest in seeing either opening act, so I'm trying to figure what time I need to be there to be seated before Guns starts their show.

This is my conundrum as well. I see them Tuesday in Boston.

I’m assuming they are prompt. I imagine there might be covid protocols for band and crew and being late would probably make for headaches. Wolfgang probably gets 30-45 minutes. If your show starts at 6 I think 7:30-8:00 might be your best bet.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Lol @ this thread, being called both a sheep and a Slashite, when I am neither. I was pro Axl for the longest time, but he’s essentially given me ZERO to root for.
And yeah, I prefer Slash’s guitar sound in GN’R to the stuff on CD, but let’s not kid ourselves here and paint me out as a CD era hater.

I’ve been here with all of you from the start waiting for Axl to give us his almighty vision for GN’R, and on some CD songs I think he achieved that. On others not so much…

And Hardschool demo still sounds nothing like classic GN’R.
The soundcheck with new Duff bass intro and added Slash riffing, sounds a hell of a lot closer to classic GN’R than the Finck/Bucket demo. You’re kidding yourself Dave if you think otherwise

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

You don't have to pay artists to play cover songs at a concert.  You only have to pay if you release them like on CD or digital music.

In Australia the venue pays an annual license fee to cover the songwriters of all music played in the venue - every artist submits a setlist and it's split between them at the end of the year. The cost to a big venue like a stadium is proportionally more than a small venue like a bar.

End result, Axl wouldn't have to pay pitman if he plays silkworms, but it would cause pitman to get paid (from the performing rights cut taken from the venue)

Thus if you had the right level of spite, you might withhold a song just to stop that happening.

Not saying Axl does this...but if he's as much of an asshole as I can be in the right mood then it's at least a possibility.

Board footer