You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: NFL 2019

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

The time to "trade the farm" and give away their future with years of draft picks was over a decade ago when they were an elite QB away from becoming a dynasty.

A killer D, Thomas Jones, and Devin Hester  but all they have to show for it is one Superbowl loss?!?

That's a travesty.

I still can't believe that even a single person in the organization thought Rex Grossman was the answer.

Well the sorta did do that with Cutler. While Jays stats were solid he was no winner. Not sure he even beat Green Bay once.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I'm late on this but the Bears solution to their qb issue (for 2020) anyway was to sign a maybe over the hill Andy Dalton?  Sounds like another
7  to 9 win season in CHI.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, saw some buzz and tweets about him, didnt know the story. I figured he was staying in Dallas behind Dak.

Chicago better have something else in the works.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

As I've said before, the Bears have morphed into what the Lions were in the 90s...a shit organization top to bottom that doesn't have the slightest clue what it is doing.

I don't know what they are going to do. Moves like this aren't going to excite the fan base. It did the opposite.

Like slashsfro just said, it'll be a 7-9 or 8-8 season and then it's on to the next bad decision.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Cutler beat Green Bay a handful of times.

He was better then but the Bears had their dominant defense. Rodgers was still figuring it out with a suspect roster but yeah the last 20 years the rivalry has balanced out.

Bears personnel people are the biggest problem. I’m not sure where they’re picking them from but if you’re in the Midwest, you’d rather go to Green Bay. If you’re from the coasts you go to LA/SF/SEA or New England. Historically anyway.

And as much as Nagy is Chicago’s Mike McCarthy, not very good and oftentimes boneheaded, if he had good personnel people he’d be serviceable. Not enough to get to a Super Bowl but they’d be competitive.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Well the bears traded up in the draft to get a stud at QB (at least in college) Justin Fields from Ohio St. compared to Trubisky, this guys resume is outstanding.

Let’s see if it transfers to the pros.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I have an interesting theory tho, with 5 QB's going in the first round. Last year was a mess of college football, teams barely practicing, showing up on game day, teams filling their schedule to get 6 or 8 games whatever the minimum was. Defenses were probably so disorganized it was just WR's running all around catching open passes. Were college QBs' just able to pad their stats last season?  Half these guys came outta nowhere (BYU, NDSU etc).

Eagles got Devonte Smith, I really liked him and wanted him the most. He could be along those lines, and is on the smaller side, still, they've flopped at WR the last 2 or 3 years so they needed to go all in & nail it shut.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I have an interesting theory tho, with 5 QB's going in the first round. Last year was a mess of college football, teams barely practicing, showing up on game day, teams filling their schedule to get 6 or 8 games whatever the minimum was. Defenses were probably so disorganized it was just WR's running all around catching open passes. Were college QBs' just able to pad their stats last season?  Half these guys came outta nowhere (BYU, NDSU etc).

Eagles got Devonte Smith, I really liked him and wanted him the most. He could be along those lines, and is on the smaller side, still, they've flopped at WR the last 2 or 3 years so they needed to go all in & nail it shut.

Whatever happened to Alshon Jeffery?

The thing that makes me feed better about your theory (something i had also considered) is that the new bears QB did well in 2019 as well.

I assume you’re a Philly fan

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I just set the fantasy draft (9/7 at 9:30pm) so if you were in the league last year check the league page and/or email. Sorry for the lateness but life is crazy. If anyone wants in or out let me know.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I think I forgot to join last year...can u send me an invite?

Board footer