You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Re: NFL 2019

Hey any spots open? I am an avid player.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
faldor wrote:

I just set the fantasy draft (9/7 at 9:30pm) so if you were in the league last year check the league page and/or email. Sorry for the lateness but life is crazy. If anyone wants in or out let me know.

Thanks.  I'll play again this year.  I was wondering whether or not you had set this up again.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Hey any spots open? I am an avid player.

I just sent you and Neemo invites, so let me know if you received it.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I sure as shit didn't think the Pats would drop Newton.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

What's most astonishing about the Cam Newton thing is that just a few years ago he was the league MVP and in the super bowl, right?

I'd really like to know more about why Carolina just gave up on him....and my how the mighty have fallen.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

All these teams willing to go with their young guys, and the Bears still want to start Andy Dalton when Justin Fields is clearly the better option.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

All these teams willing to go with their young guys, and the Bears still want to start Andy Dalton when Justin Fields is clearly the better option.

Man...you said it. I don't know if there is any reason any more to have faith in Nagy. He's willing to waste a few games, let alone an entire season because he insists on being inflexible.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

And add the COVID angle.  Newtown had to miss practice because he left the state, and that's only a requirement for players who have refused to get vaccinated.  The NFL is saying teams with COVID positives that cause a reschedule from unvaxxed players will forfeit their games.  Newton was iffy at best as his capability as a staring QB.  Add in the risk Belichick takes of Newton testing positive and forcing all the QBs out of the game, and he runs a real chance of forfeiting a game.  I wonder how much more we'll see of this tomorrow morning.

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

What's most astonishing about the Cam Newton thing is that just a few years ago he was the league MVP and in the super bowl, right?

I'd really like to know more about why Carolina just gave up on him....and my how the mighty have fallen.

Too many injuries and he's a shell of the MVP guy. He was making a lot of money in CAR and the money didn't warrant the production.

As for the Pats release, no one should be surprised.  He sucked last year and was unvaccinated (yes that matters).  And they drafted a qb in the first round this year.

It's different from other teams with unvaccinated qb's.  I mean IND isn't dropping Wentz and MIN isn't going to dump Cousins.  Their backups just aren't good enough to warrant such a decision.

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Add in the risk Belichick takes of Newton testing positive and forcing all the QBs out of the game, and he runs a real chance of forfeiting a game.  I wonder how much more we'll see of this tomorrow morning.

This doomsday scenario can easily be avoided by one qb basically working out/learning the gameplan while away from the other qb's.  He can learn it virtually and practice when the other 2 guys aren't there.

The Titans did this last year and I bet the Broncos wish they did.

Board footer