You are not logged in. Please register or login.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

Re: When’s Hard Skool?

exoterica wrote:

Showing up for me.

I think the bullet is loaded into the chamber.

4040-F9-A7-5590-40-EA-996-B-FF39676-FAADA.jpg

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Didn’t work when I tried searching on Spotify, for Hard school or Hard Skool

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

Deadslash, a user on discord, posted that if you type in "Hard School" or "Hard Skool" on Spotify, Shadow of Your Love pops up and GNR shows up under artists. It is true, very interesting. Here is a photo I just took with an unlogged in account so my gnr follow on spotify won't influence it https://media.discordapp.net/attachment … height=670

Yeah it's ready to go...just waiting for the date to launch it.

Hopefully soon....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Could it be it's doing it on an algorithm because of people searching "Hardskool Guns N' Roses?"

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

Could it be it's doing it on an algorithm because of people searching "Hardskool Guns N' Roses?"

That’d be my guess. Their algorithm wouldn’t be worth a cent if it didn’t do this, and they’d have a major design flaw if non-public data entered into a separate database  influenced their algorithm.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Doesn’t do that for me when I search either . Perhaps a regional thing ?

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

"It's in my ass, that's where Hard Skool is, fuckhead....go home!"

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

The fans tweet is now deleted.

When I type in ‘hard sc’ GNR appear in Spotify.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

It's possible it's an algorithmic thing based on news stories but that doesn't wash for me for a couple reasons.

Firstly, it would be more or less an instant response. We've had minor rumblings of "Hard Skool" before but it wasn't until this week that bigger sites like Bl***ermouth and Loudw**e picked it up. So that'd be instantaneous turn around for search results being collated.

Second, while it's to a much less degree than "Hard Skool", we've not seen "Atlas Shrugged" generate anything on Spotify, despite being mentioned here and there in the press and among the more mainstream fanbase. I've seen it suggested that it's because GNR fans are naming playlists "Hard Skool". Again this doesn't wash. Are there GNR related playlists with the title "Atlas Shrugged" or just "Hard Skool"? If so, okay, I'll concede but also, why would Spotify weight user playlists so heavily and surely there can't be THAT MANY playlists with "Hard Skool" as the title. It seems to strain credulity...

A couple of final comments then we'll see what happens tomorrow...

As you add or subtract letters, different things will come up, i.e.: "Hard Sko" generates "Shadow Of Your Love" but not the GNR Artist page. I've seen people speculate this is due to the proximal but scrambled letter ordering of "Shadow" but that doesn't particularly wash with me because there are other, already released songs with "Shadow" in it that have more plays than "Shadow of Your Love" on Spotify, i.e. The Killers' "Shadowplay" and Audioslave's "Shadow of the Sun". Why wouldn't their page be associated instead?

And finally, which may or may not undercut my whole theory, the results will appear only if you're based in the US.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

It's possible it's an algorithmic thing based on news stories but that doesn't wash for me for a couple reasons.

Firstly, it would be more or less an instant response. We've had minor rumblings of "Hard Skool" before but it wasn't until this week that bigger sites like Bl***ermouth and Loudw**e picked it up. So that'd be instantaneous turn around for search results being collated.

Second, while it's to a much less degree than "Hard Skool", we've not seen "Atlas Shrugged" generate anything on Spotify, despite being mentioned here and there in the press and among the more mainstream fanbase. I've seen it suggested that it's because GNR fans are naming playlists "Hard Skool". Again this doesn't wash. Are there GNR related playlists with the title "Atlas Shrugged" or just "Hard Skool"? If so, okay, I'll concede but also, why would Spotify weight user playlists so heavily and surely there can't be THAT MANY playlists with "Hard Skool" as the title. It seems to strain credulity...

A couple of final comments then we'll see what happens tomorrow...

As you add or subtract letters, different things will come up, i.e.: "Hard Sko" generates "Shadow Of Your Love" but not the GNR Artist page. I've seen people speculate this is due to the proximal but scrambled letter ordering of "Shadow" but that doesn't particularly wash with me because there are other, already released songs with "Shadow" in it that have more plays than "Shadow of Your Love" on Spotify, i.e. The Killers' "Shadowplay" and Audioslave's "Shadow of the Sun". Why wouldn't their page be associated instead?

And finally, which may or may not undercut my whole theory, the results will appear only if you're based in the US.

I'm inn the US at the moment but my Spotify is UK. I don't get everything you mentioned but "hard sc" shows GNR in the search results for me.

Board footer