You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This Gabby Petito story is so heart breaking.

Even if we pretend he's innocent, he's still a worthless piece of shit.

You don't leave a woman out in the middle of nowhere...and you really don't do it in her car!!

Edit

The whole thing was pointless. Weren't they doing this trip and documenting it on social media hoping to become influencers?

Fucking idiots....

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Are you on crack?!?

In the 21st century in the aftermath of the Cold War, the United States became a hyper-power. There's everyone fighting for scraps at the bottom, Russia and China slightly above them, and the US miles above all of them.

While I agree the defense budget is getting a tad too high, gutting it is not the answer. There should be some cuts here and there but under no circumstances can we allow Russia, China, the EU, or any potential adversaries to move up as the US military goes in decline.

I would be for budget increases as long as it keeps US supremacy as the status quo.

You want to see a nightmare world? Place any country that's not the US in the number one spot.

We're about to remind the world who's boss with the unveiling of one of our classified space weapons. We can only have such weapons in our arsenal thanks to the bloated defense budget.

Zero return on our investment? You're crazy...

If our foreign policy requires that we occupy the foreign world indefinitely then that’s not a solution.

Trump set all this shit in motion…he would have celebrated all this as a victory.

What are you talking about? Trump set 20 year old conflicts into motion and gets credited with turning the US into a hyper-power?

You give him more credit than his supporters do and it's like you think he's some kind of God.

If only one single president gets credited with setting the country on the path it took heading into the 21st century, it's Reagan.

When I said he set this all in motion, I meant that he didn't want to be the world's police anymore unless they ponied up to the table and started contributing....did he not do this?

I didn't mean he said world history in motion for centuries.

James

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

If our foreign policy requires that we occupy the foreign world indefinitely then that’s not a solution.

Trump set all this shit in motion…he would have celebrated all this as a victory.

What are you talking about? Trump set 20 year old conflicts into motion and gets credited with turning the US into a hyper-power?

You give him more credit than his supporters do and it's like you think he's some kind of God.

If only one single president gets credited with setting the country on the path it took heading into the 21st century, it's Reagan.

When I said he set this all in motion, I meant that he didn't want to be the world's police anymore unless they ponied up to the table and started contributing....did he not do this?

Which is why you should be cheering him instead of having conniption fits.

You want us to stop being the world police too.

This right here is a great example of why people need to stop with the red/blue hyper-partisan warfare and blindly hating/loving something depending on its color.

You support his position without realizing you support his position....yet you voted for a war hawk who helped create and sell the Patriot Act and the two wars that followed.

I agreed with Trump regarding his stance on NATO... wanting them to contribute more...but he went a little too far IMO.

Didn't go too far for you though...he was on the right track.

James

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I mean…that’s it….co-vid kills hundreds of thousands and those on the right shrug….selected and the right shrugs….and then selectively the right feigns outrage (i.e., Benghazi).

We’re talking about a few dozen deaths vs hundreds of thousands.

Proportionality should be a guideline to war….especially when the war is politically motivated.

The right created these problems at large….now they’re trying to blame the solutions on the left.

I missed this post.

You're really zig zagging all over the place.

Again with the Right=Bad, Left=Good mentality.

Are you unaware that Obama had two terms to wrap up the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts while not whipping up a couple more in Libya  and Syria? A few cherries and nuts on top with all the countries he used drone strikes on.

Why is it good when one side is behind the steering wheel and gets a free pass on any consequences?

Trump didn't start a single new conflict while in office...a first in modern times.

Now we're back to Benghazi? Count your lucky stars for that being turned into a partisan diversion. The Libya conflict was a massive clusterfuck that could've brought down Obama's presidency and ruined our standing in the world.

We were helping Al Qaeda on the ground,  the alliance was fracturing until we lucked into the Libyans capturing Qaddafi.

The country was then turned into a hellhole with slave markets. While slaves were being bought and sold, Hillary made jokes about Qaddafi being captured and killed.

For reasons unknown....you don't have a problem with this conflict. Your only issue is the red team talking about it.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Which is why you should be cheering him instead of having conniption fits.

You want us to stop being the world police too.

This right here is a great example of why people need to stop with the red/blue hyper-partisan warfare and blindly hating/loving something depending on its color.

You support his position without realizing you support his position....yet you voted for a war hawk who helped create and sell the Patriot Act and the two wars that followed.

I agreed with Trump regarding his stance on NATO... wanting them to contribute more...but he went a little too far IMO.

Didn't go too far for you though...he was on the right track.

No…Trump is not the answer to anything. It’s 1 step forward 2 steps back for him on everything. It was my position as a dumb ass college student 20 years ago. Trump took that stance for me then mocked and belittled people like me for being the problem.

Fuck Trump forever.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I mean…that’s it….co-vid kills hundreds of thousands and those on the right shrug….selected and the right shrugs….and then selectively the right feigns outrage (i.e., Benghazi).

We’re talking about a few dozen deaths vs hundreds of thousands.

Proportionality should be a guideline to war….especially when the war is politically motivated.

The right created these problems at large….now they’re trying to blame the solutions on the left.

I missed this post.

You're really zig zagging all over the place.

Again with the Right=Bad, Left=Good mentality.

Are you unaware that Obama had two terms to wrap up the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts while not whipping up a couple more in Libya  and Syria? A few cherries and nuts on top with all the countries he used drone strikes on.

Why is it good when one side is behind the steering wheel and gets a free pass on any consequences?

Trump didn't start a single new conflict while in office...a first in modern times.

Now we're back to Benghazi? Count your lucky stars for that being turned into a partisan diversion. The Libya conflict was a massive clusterfuck that could've brought down Obama's presidency and ruined our standing in the world.

We were helping Al Qaeda on the ground,  the alliance was fracturing until we lucked into the Libyans capturing Qaddafi.

The country was then turned into a hellhole with slave markets. While slaves were being bought and sold, Hillary made jokes about Qaddafi being captured and killed.

For reasons unknown....you don't have a problem with this conflict. Your only issue is the red team talking about it.

My issue will always be Trump….so long as he’s involved in any team, i will be vehemently against whatever side he’s on.

Republicans will never be considered so long as his fat, lazy, golfing ass is pulling the strings behind the scenes.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think you just got suckered by the left and by Trump. Biden without a doubt has been worse in his first year than Trump. That's not to start an argument, although I know you'll blow a gasket over it, but he can always turn it around. I don't think either have/had good administrations, but Biden is far more hand on than Trump so he holds far more responsibility over his covid response, boarder decisions, military calls, diplomatic moves (the France thing is pretty funny), telling the truth, etc. Honestly, he was supposed to restore America's credibility, and that's not happened.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think you just got suckered by the left and by Trump. Biden without a doubt has been worse in his first year than Trump. That's not to start an argument, although I know you'll blow a gasket over it, but he can always turn it around. I don't think either have/had good administrations, but Biden is far more hand on than Trump so he holds far more responsibility over his covid response, boarder decisions, military calls, diplomatic moves (the France thing is pretty funny), telling the truth, etc. Honestly, he was supposed to restore America's credibility, and that's not happened.

Agree. This president has been an epic debacle. And just listen to the presser, dem reporters pushing Jen hard. They are sick of the lies too.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1441202362073239553?s=21

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

My dismissal of the Republican Party has nothing to do with any of these points.

They’re still recounting votes everywhere hoping for a different result. Very few people here see Trump as accountable for anything, especially Jan 6.

It’ll just never end…i think in a year we’ll all be quite glad we’re out of Afghanistan. The entire exercise was immoral and unethical to begin with. Why were we there 20 years to achieve what we already accomplished in the first weeks.

People who sign up to join the military to go occupy another country for decades know the risks. There was no moral reason to be there. And when we left the vacuum was filled quickly. We accomplished nothing and paid for everything. Why?

Biden’s real failure so far is that he’s really not done a damn thing. He’s kept none of his promises and he has to be losing Dems and independents in droves.

Either way the Trump Republican Party is never going to be an option. So my options are to not vote or vote Dem.

Board footer