You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Rolling Stones - No Filter Tour

Saw the Stones last night for what I assume will be my last time.  Fantastic fucking show and one of the few shows I've stayed through the entire encore.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

There's no real blowback over the lack of Charlie so this will likely continue for however many years until one of the Glimmer Twins drop dead.

Even then.... the brand is so massive, they might be able to squeeze one tribute tour out of it.

I'll always regret not going to see them. I was really into Voodoo Lounge in 94+95 and was swimming in money at the time...a fucking idiot for not going.

I looked at the set list. Not bad. Missing a ton of songs I love but there's no way that they could play everyone's favorite songs....they'd be there all night.

Elton John has the same problem and sometimes addresses it to the live crowds...even apologizes.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

That is awesome. I want to see them in one of the coming up shows. Maybe Nashville or Atlanta.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Glad I saw them 25 years ago. Funny to think even then they were touted as the oldest rock band in the world. It's really quite amazing they are still doing it.

All the members of GN'R being alive is also a bit of a surprise.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I saw them in August 1994 on the Voodoo Lounge tour. It was pretty awesome. I was covering the concert for our college newspaper, and I was in the photo pit for the first few songs. I was so close I could feel the heat from the pyro. At one point, Keith came over and struck a pose right in front of me. Stood on one leg and played through a solo during Tumbling Dice.

I can't believe at the time I thought "I"m glad I saw them. They aren't going to be doing this much longer."

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I saw them in August 1994 on the Voodoo Lounge tour. It was pretty awesome. I was covering the concert for our college newspaper, and I was in the photo pit for the first few songs. I was so close I could feel the heat from the pyro. At one point, Keith came over and struck a pose right in front of me. Stood on one leg and played through a solo during Tumbling Dice.

I can't believe at the time I thought "I"m glad I saw them. They aren't going to be doing this much longer."

Haha, same thing. I saw them on the Voodoo Lounge tour as well. Counting Crowes opened up.  But even then they were old, yet like 10 years younger than current GNR

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

(CNN)The Rolling Stones are still rocking hard.

The legendary group announced a European tour, called "Sixty," which will hit Madrid (Spain), Munich (Germany), Liverpool (UK), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Bern (Switzerland), Milan (Italy), London (UK), Brussels (Belgium), Vienna (Austria), Lyon (France), Paris (France), Gelsenkirchen (Germany) and Stockholm (Sweden).

They will perform fourteen shows in all this summer, starting June 1. They are calling it "Sixty" in celebration of their 60th anniversary together.

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood will also make their long-awaited return to the UK. The group will perform at Liverpool FC - Anfield, the first ever stadium show in this city by the Stones. There will also be two shows in London's Hyde Park. Following the death of drummer Charlie Watts, the group will be joined by Steve Jordan on drums.

The set list for the shows includes "Gimme Shelter'," "Paint It Black," "Jumpin' Jack Flash," "Tumbling Dice" "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," "Start Me Up" and many more hits.

This latest tour follows The Rolling Stones "No Filter" tour across the United States in 2021.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

There's no real blowback over the lack of Charlie so this will likely continue for however many years until one of the Glimmer Twins drop dead.

Even then.... the brand is so massive, they might be able to squeeze one tribute tour out of it.

If Keith wasn’t able to participate do you think Mick would still tour the Stones? I’d like to say that’s the breaking point but if I were to bet on it, I’d say Mick would still tour under the banner. It’s not that absurd given Ron Wood and others who have toured with the band for years. Still an interesting question.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I don't think so. Jagger strikes me as the type of guy who's too self aware to do something like that. He knows he would catch too much shit. The one thing that suggests he might do it is that he seems addicted to the touring life. Maybe a solo/Rolling Stones type of deal, like Roger Waters has been doing. 

He's not like Axl...

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Maaaaybe if Mick could get Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman back he could squeeze out another tour or two minus Keef. Maybe. But as I've said before, bands usually have two iconic members and if one of them isn't there you can't really pull the wool over the audience's eyes. Guns N' Roses needs Axl and Slash. Oasis needs Liam and Noel. The Stones need Mick Jagger and Keith Richards to get away with calling themselves the Stones.

Board footer