You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Will GNR release new music in 2021?

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The less they talk the quicker they release new songs so I'm going to vote for an album. Incredible we know almost nothing about it.

I'd love a surprise, completely out of the blue album release.

It's not unprecedented. Many other mainstream artists have done similar releases.

It also prevents leaks.

Will Guns n’ Roses release new music in 2021?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 3%
Yes, Q3 20%
Yes, Q4 9%
No. I can’t do this shit anymore. 69%
Total votes: 35
Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I'm going to kick myself for this. They've effectively been shadow dropping singles now with no notice and also saying virtually nothing after they do.... a shadow drop of an entire album/EP to be followed with a physical release for fans to buy later is possible.

It lines up with how they've done things with these two singles and isn't unheard of these days. Other much more mainstream artists have done the unannounced album release to streaming platforms online with a physical sale beginning weeks/months later. That way they get to release the thing themselves without a leak of the physical media ruining the launch.

Fuck, now my hopes are up again and I think that's what they might actually be doing. Guess we'll know by end of the year.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The less they talk the quicker they release new songs so I'm going to vote for an album. Incredible we know almost nothing about it.

James wrote:

I'd love a surprise, completely out of the blue album release.

It's not unprecedented. Many other mainstream artists have done similar releases.

It also prevents leaks.

Axl S wrote:

I'm going to kick myself for this. They've effectively been shadow dropping singles now with no notice and also saying virtually nothing after they do.... a shadow drop of an entire album/EP to be followed with a physical release for fans to buy later is possible.

It lines up with how they've done things with these two singles and isn't unheard of these days. Other much more mainstream artists have done the unannounced album release to streaming platforms online with a physical sale beginning weeks/months later. That way they get to release the thing themselves without a leak of the physical media ruining the launch.

Fuck, now my hopes are up again and I think that's what they might actually be doing. Guess we'll know by end of the year.

Did we all start to have the same thought at the same time! 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Did we all start to have the same thought at the same time! 16

As much as we should hate doing this!

It makes sense though. They're releasing singles and with absolutely no promotion that should mean it's a leadup to an album. I don't think EP because that would disappoint instead of excite. They're just redubbing CD songs so it's not a matter of "darn we gotta write a bunch of songs". They got a full disc ready if they want it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Great minds think alike....

Doing a physical release later on isn't a bad idea...and they've said the vinyl has been delayed.

NIN released The Slip for free on the internet and then like a month later you could buy it on CD/LP. Even though everyone already had it for free, it still made it to the top 20 on the Billboard charts.

This could go in any direction. We don't even know what we are getting. It could be anything from a double A side to an EP(NOT that covers crap) to a live album to a new album to a compilation with the two bonus tracks Absurd and Hardschool.

Kinda reminds me of that period in the lead up to UYI when we didn't know exactly what we were getting.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

The ISRC code for Absurd is USUG12103950, and the ISRC code for Hard Skool is USUG12103961.

Sometimes for albums, the codes run as a numerical sequence (I think this happened with CD and other GN'R releases), so this could imply that an entire album has been handed over, and that Hard Skool is 11 tracks after Absurd on the album. Nothing is registered on the numbers in between, but there are other tracks for other artists before and after these codes.

Of course, it might mean nothing

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
sp1at wrote:

The ISRC code for Absurd is USUG12103950, and the ISRC code for Hard Skool is USUG12103961.

Sometimes for albums, the codes run as a numerical sequence (I think this happened with CD and other GN'R releases), so this could imply that an entire album has been handed over, and that Hard Skool is 11 tracks after Absurd on the album. Nothing is registered on the numbers in between, but there are other tracks for other artists before and after these codes.

Any other possible explanations for the gap?

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

I don’t know a lot about this stuff but maybe Hard Skool was the 11th UMG release after Abusurd? Can anyone check this?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Flashback to 2004.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Hopefully means something. How did you find this?

Board footer