You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: NFL 2021-22 Season

slashsfro wrote:

There were some really uncompetitive games this weekend. 

Mike McCarthy is a really shitty head coach who rode Aaron Rodgers coatails to that one SB in GB.  Oh also, this explains WHY Rodgers only has one Lombardi.

Arizona clearly peaked early and is now getting wiped out by the Rams.

It's obvious that both conferences were top heavy as most of these games aren't even competitive.  PHI, PIT, maybe NE had zero chance of winning their games.  I dozed off during PHI vs TB yesterday.  Only the Niners-Dallas and the LV-CIN games were competitive.

Speaking of the Raiders , they gotta get try to upgrade from Carr.  He's very average and you can't really win a championship with him.  That last throw short of the end zone was a joke (so was the uneccessary spike on 1st down).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah Raiders definitely have to ditch Carr. That should be their first off-season move.

's obvious that both conferences were top heavy as most of these games aren't even competitive.  PHI, PIT, maybe NE had zero chance of winning their games.  I dozed off during PHI vs TB yesterday.  Only the Niners-Dallas and the LV-CIN games were competitive

The new playoff schedule sucks. Too many mediocre teams are allowed to get in. During the last couple weeks of the season, we get to see a couple teams accidentally stumble backwards into the playoffs...then it's one and done as if they had never been there in the first place.

The 21st century saw parity take over the league. The way it's set up now appears it may try to have the worst of both worlds...

In the midst of parity, a couple teams will dominate in the playoffs.

It's going to be interesting to see how the #1 seed in each conference does next week.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

The new playoff schedule sucks. Too many mediocre teams are allowed to get in. During the last couple weeks of the season, we get to see a couple teams accidentally stumble backwards into the playoffs...then it's one and done as if they had never been there in the first place.

The 21st century saw parity take over the league. The way it's set up now appears it may try to have the worst of both worlds...

In the midst of parity, a couple teams will dominate in the playoffs.

It's going to be interesting to see how the #1 seed in each conference does next week.

It's also greed by the NFL.  Adding in the extra team in the playoffs and the extra game/week this year.  Waters down the product.  And watch in a few years they will add in an 8th team in the playoffs.

Honestly, 6 teams in the playoffs was fine.  I was fine with the top 2 seeds getting a bye as well.  This new format sucks ass.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Was limiting it to 6 teams substantially better?  Haven't we had teams with losing records appear in the playoffs due to the requirement each division's top seed be automatically entered?  Pittsburgh and Philly got slammed, and New England got destroyed as the 6th seed.  The 49ers would have been gone to if not for Prescott running down the middle with seconds left.  But isn't that an example of why these playoffs can be interesting when a 3rd seed team loses to a 6th seed?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Was limiting it to 6 teams substantially better?  Haven't we had teams with losing records appear in the playoffs due to the requirement each division's top seed be automatically entered?  Pittsburgh and Philly got slammed, and New England got destroyed as the 6th seed.  The 49ers would have been gone to if not for Prescott running down the middle with seconds left.  But isn't that an example of why these playoffs can be interesting when a 3rd seed team loses to a 6th seed?

I’m a Patriots fan and agree that they got shellacked in an uncompetitive game. But how can you say the Cowboys would have won over the 49ers? What you think they would have definitely converted a 40yd pass in the endzone?

James

James wrote:

Was limiting it to 6 teams substantially better?  Haven't we had teams with losing records appear in the playoffs due to the requirement each division's top seed be automatically entered?

I've had some issues with this as well once we got into the 2000s and certain divisions became really week and you're seeing 9-7 division winners up against 11-5 wildcard teams.

I don't know if there's a perfect solution to the problem. I just know that they keep making it worse and Flash is right...they'll be adding another slot soon.

James

James wrote:

Bengals vs Titans

Bengals

Packers vs 49ers

Packers

Rams vs Bucs

Bucs

Chiefs vs Bills

Bills

James

James wrote:

That was one ugly game.

Wish the 49ers could pull off the upset but I don't think it's going to happen.

James

James wrote:

Wow...what a game. That was game of the year. Old school football.

I don't think they can pull off a third upset so it's Bucs or Rams in the SB.

James

James wrote:

Anyone watching this game? Brady's been gloomy Gus since kickoff.

Must have his mind on something else.

Rams need to go for the jugular.

Board footer